Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to Apply...
First post... I have a ton of classes between three institutions as well as some professional development classes. I'm trying to determine where the best place to apply is. Are there any recommendations I have entire degree with the exception of one or two upper level human service classes I know I need a history class and a statistics class also my lab sciences are from 2008 2009 and 2010. Are these too old to be accepted? I would love to have a health and human services degree as I've been applying for jobs as a residential counselor. I've attached a link for the state of Maine MHRT/c. I had completed The first half with an equivalency trainings however the program I was using became too difficult and I would like to use the certificates from the first five as classes as well. The Muskie Institute (university of southern maine) has deemed these as college equivalent can anybody recommend how to get them on my transcript.

https://usm.maine.edu/sites/default/file...9-2011.pdf
TESU has a degree that might suit you:

Bachelor of Science in Human Services (BSHS) degree

The best way to see how your credits would fit would be to go ahead and pay the $75 application fee and send in all your transcripts. Then you'll know where exactly where you stand. Unfortunately, it doesn't have much room for random credits, but it does seem to fit the info you've posted fairly well. The age of the science courses won't be a problem for TESU. If that degree doesn't work well, you can then easily try your credits in some other degree programs.

As far as getting your certs on a transcript, you might have to actually apply at USM to get them to do that. However, even if they do put them on a transcript, that's no guarantee that any other institution would then accept them as transfer credit. It really depends on how they are listed on the transcript.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
You can post a list of credits that you already have. Do it in the following way:

School #1 (don't have to list the name, but say if it's a CC, RA, and semster or quarter based system)
course #, course name, number of credits

School #2

Please try to edit it down as much as possible. I can't spend the time to make a degree plan if the post is a hot mess and there's tons of superfluous info on it, making it hard to get through quickly. Make my life easy.

Also, you need to find out if the courses you've taken really are college-equivalent by figuring out WHY they are so. Are they ACE/NCCRS approved? Does USM put them on a transcript for you? Whatever it is, if you figure that out, it's helpful.

TESU's HS degree is easy enough to get if you have UL credits.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-07-2019, 05:51 PM)davewill Wrote: TESU has a degree that might suit you:

The best way to see how your credits would fit would be to go ahead and pay the $75 application fee and send in all your transcripts. Then you'll know where exactly where you stand. Unfortunately, it doesn't have much room for random credits, but it does seem to fit the info you've posted fairly well. The age of the science courses won't be a problem for TESU. If that degree doesn't work well, you can then easily try your credits in some other degree programs.

As far as getting your certs on a transcript, you might have to actually apply at USM to get them to do that. However, even if they do put them on a transcript, that's no guarantee that any other institution would then accept them as transfer credit. It really depends on how they are listed on the transcript.

That degree has additional requirements:

Quote:To be admitted to the program and to complete the Capstone course, students must have current work or volunteer experience in their professional track. Students must have at least one year/1500 hours of current work or volunteer experience. Students are required to submit a current resume and completed Professional Track Form at the time of application.
(02-08-2019, 09:59 AM)RJ77 Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 05:51 PM)davewill Wrote: TESU has a degree that might suit you:

That degree has additional requirements:

Quote:To be admitted to the program and to complete the Capstone course, students must have current work or volunteer experience in their professional track. Students must have at least one year/1500 hours of current work or volunteer experience. Students are required to submit a current resume and completed Professional Track Form at the time of application.

Thanks... I ordered my transcripts its been awhile I will post the credits when I get them I don't want to make any mistakes.  USM has said those classes are equivalent to the MHRT/C which I will have to finish anyway... I may not need them for the BA anyway just to work in Maine. I definitely meet the additional requirement I have been doing working in group homes ect. for over 10 years. I just want to finish because my current job has asked me to get it done so I can do more things i.e. write behavior plans.