Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to put 1 sophia course on a transcript?
How does one put One Sophia course on a new transcript?   APU is taking three Sophia courses directly but not Ancient Greek Philosophers. Liberty U says daughter has to be a degree seeking student and send her college transcripts etc. I guess that is no big deal but does she really want to be degree seeking at two colleges ?? Is that even "allowed".... is there an easier way?   It is only to show the One course.

What has anyone else done?  Just need a place for this course credit to land.   

I guess we are a bit nervous to ask the new school directly about taking the ACE / Sophia credit directly.  Any way to find out without directly asking ?
If they won't take it directly, having it put on a transcript by another college isn't going to help.
That is correct, they either take it or not.

You can check their policies for AP, CLEP, alternative credit, credit by portfolio. You can search online, or ask here.
(05-08-2020, 03:39 PM)yokopilar Wrote: How does one put One Sophia course on a new transcript?   APU is taking three Sophia courses directly but not Ancient Greek Philosophers. Liberty U says daughter has to be a degree seeking student and send her college transcripts etc. I guess that is no big deal but does she really want to be degree seeking at two colleges ?? Is that even "allowed".... is there an easier way?   It is only to show the One course.

What has anyone else done?  Just need a place for this course credit to land.   

I guess we are a bit nervous to ask the new school directly about taking the ACE / Sophia credit directly.  Any way to find out without directly asking ?

You've asked how to launder credits 20 times and haven't got an answer you like.  What is that a definition of?
You've asked the same question a bunch. This won't work.

It isn't that complicated. Here is what you do:

1. What is the final destination school? That is the only school you should be dealing with.
2. Contact them an find out if that school takes ACE or not. If then do not take ACE you are out of luck. If they do take ACE...
3. Send then your ACE transcript and see what happens. They may or may not accept it. You might have to talk to the registrar.

There are no other options to get credit for Sophia.

EDIT: You could also do PLA but that is complicated and I doubt simply completing a Sophia course alone would work for this.
(05-08-2020, 04:59 PM)natshar Wrote: You've asked the same question a bunch. This won't work.

1. What is the final destination school? That is the only school you should be dealing with.
2. Contact them an find out if that school takes ACE or not. If then do not take ACE you are out of luck. If they do take ACE...
3. Send then your ACE transcript and see what happens. They may or may not accept it. You might have to talk to the registrar.

EDIT: You could also do PLA but that is complicated and I doubt simply completing a Sophia course alone would work for this.
Thanks for all the love and kindness. I remember back when I was on this board before and it was really helpful. Anyways.... contrary to what you have said , APU is happy to put the Sophia credits on the APU transcript along with her other credits. That transcript will go to her final school just like usual.  No one is trying to launder any credits at all.  I had a long detailed talk with Liberty and they kept telling me to "just become a degree seeking student, and have the credits sent here and then it will be on the transcript".  It just seemed like it would be odd to be degree seeking at LU and at another school but my mind is a bit fried over all of this scrambling around to help our daughter. She is in a hole due to nothing on her end .. her new school just will not take her old schools version of Eng Comp 1 and other Gen Ed as it was a private school in another state going to a state school in yet another state. If I could delete my posts, I would but figured I would at least explain what has happend. I am getting lots of info from LU and APU and I just was trying to make it all make sense.  Bless you all and Be well and even Be Kind ......
(05-08-2020, 08:05 PM)yokopilar Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 04:59 PM)natshar Wrote: You've asked the same question a bunch. This won't work.

Thanks for all the love and kindness. I remember back when I was on this board before and it was really helpful. Anyways.... contrary to what you have said , APU is happy to put the Sophia credits on the APU transcript along with her other credits. That transcript will go to her final school just like usual.  No one is trying to launder any credits at all.  I had a long detailed talk with Liberty and they kept telling me to "just become a degree seeking student, and have the credits sent here and then it will be on the transcript".  It just seemed like it would be odd to be degree seeking at LU and at another school but my mind is a bit fried over all of this scrambling around to help our daughter. She is in a hole due to nothing on her end .. her new school just will not take her old schools version of Eng Comp 1 and other Gen Ed as it was a private school in another state going to a state school in yet another state. If I could delete my posts, I would but figured I would at least explain what has happend. I am getting lots of info from LU and APU and I just was trying to make it all make sense.  Bless you all and Be well and even Be Kind ......

I see. That is an interesting and unique situation. Most schools don't work like that, but I guess there are exceptions. I know as a transfer student myself things can be annoying. For me a required Business course I took didn't transfer so I had to take the DSST after the course. You aren't the only one who has been frustrated with transfers. Sorry if my previous posts or this one seemed unkind. Wish your daughter the best in finishing her degree.

If only test centers were open so CLEP/DSST were an option.
(05-08-2020, 08:05 PM)yokopilar Wrote:

Schools will put any credits you send them (that they accept) on a transcript, regardless of source.

That's not unique to APU, LU, the Big 3, or any other school.

It will also show the original source of credit and what equivalent course for which credit was awarded at the accepting school.

That does not mean another school will accept that credit in the same way, or even at all.

Every school will ask you for transcripts from all institutions you've attended, or from your original source of credits.

It's from those original source documents that they'll make the determination of what credits they'll accept and how they'll apply them.

If a school does not accept ACE, they won't accept them simply because another school has applied them to a transcript at their specific school.

This concept doesn't just apply towards alternative credit providers.

For example: if you earn credits through your local CC and then send them to APU, LU, Big 3, or any other school, and then you transfer to a new school, your new school will see those CC courses on your APU (et al.) transcript - and that transcript will show those credits came from that CC - but that new school will also require transcripts be send directly to them from the CC.

It's from that CC transcript that they'll decide if and how they'll apply those credits - APU's (et al.) interpretation of those CC credits will not impact their decision.

Perhaps a different perspective: there will be two main sections for academic credit on a transcript (regardless of the school): transfer credit and institutional credit. 

Transfer credit will be any course for which credit was awarded that was not taken at that specific school - all ACE/NCCRS credits will show here.

Institutional credits will be credits earned through that specific school.

Your ACE credits will not show up here, regardless of school. This section is exclusively reserved for courses at that specific school.

Do not misinterpret your conversations with APU, LU, or any other school, to imply that they'll be adding your ACE credits to their institutional credit section - they will not.

Yes, they will add ACE courses to their transcripts (if they accepted that particular ACE course for credit); but, it will be added in the transfer credit section - and it will show as ACE being the original source.

Again, that would also be the case for your CC credits; they'll show up in the transfer credit section and your specific CC will be listed as the original source.

Hopefully, that makes sense and helps to understand how credit transfer between multiple institutions works.
[-] The following 1 user Likes terryd5150's post:
  • scorpion

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,354 Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 380 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,797 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,868 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,397 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 604 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,961 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 563 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,810 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares