Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer credit to uni from TESU
Hello

Wasnt sure about this. Does Credits earned at TESU transfer to university's ? If i was to take a few online courses at TESU will they transfer to my university (FSU) ?
TESU is a standard RA university so, yes, its classes are transferable. Whether they will fulfill FSU requirements is an entirely different question.

Depending on if you're in-state or out-of state, it looks like TESU might be more expensive than FSU. https://studentbusiness.fsu.edu/tuition-fees

What classes are you wanting to take at TESU? There are probably more affordable options.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Generally, credits transfer from university to university. BUT, the problem is going to be how your university brings them in. Unless they have a transfer tool telling you how those courses will come in, it's going to be hard to figure out.

But, why would you want to take courses from TESU in the first place if you're not going there? That's a crazy expensive proposition. Are they not more expensive than your school? Can you not take courses at a CC? Or a less expensive school?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-03-2021, 11:44 AM)rachel83az Wrote: TESU is a standard RA university so, yes, its classes are transferable. Whether they will fulfill FSU requirements is an entirely different question.

Depending on if you're in-state or out-of state, it looks like TESU might be more expensive than FSU. https://studentbusiness.fsu.edu/tuition-fees

What classes are you wanting to take at TESU? There are probably more affordable options.

Thank you for the reply. Since i'm at home most of the day now I thought it would accelerate things if I took a full summer load and a few courses online at TESU at the same time. Guess I'm just getting over zealous.

(05-03-2021, 11:45 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Generally, credits transfer from university to university.  BUT, the problem is going to be how your university brings them in.  Unless they have a transfer tool telling you how those courses will come in, it's going to be hard to figure out.

But, why would you want to take courses from TESU in the first place if you're not going there?  That's a crazy expensive proposition.  Are they not more expensive than your school?  Can you not take courses at a CC?  Or a less expensive school?

Thanks for the reply. There is a local cc just thought it would be more convenient since its already mainly online ?
Again, which courses? For gen eds, TEL Learning and Olivet Nazarine University are MUCH cheaper.

There are also CLEP exams, DSSTs, UExcel exams, and TECEP exams. I don't know which, if any of these, FSU might accept.

FSU definitely accepts CLEP: https://admissions.fsu.edu/credit/clep/ They don't appear to accept DSSTs but you could ask. Same with UExcels and TECEPs. CLEP is free through ModernStates. The others cost money but would be more affordable than FSU classes.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
TESU courses are expensive, you must be rich! In any case, I highly suggest online community colleges courses instead such as Clovis, Luna, NMJC or ones mentioned above, Tel Learning, ONU, if you need sciences or maths, WestCott Courses. If FSU takes ACE courses, you can try Sophia.org/Study.com and even StraighterLine. I would only recommend the Big 3 to FINISH the degree requirements, but not to get transferable courses from... Heck, if you're just looking for general education that are upper level credits, you can also try SUU.edu/BGS courses, they have several that are $75/credit upper level, that is only $225/3 credit course!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-03-2021, 12:04 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Again, which courses? For gen eds, TEL Learning and Olivet Nazarine University are MUCH cheaper.

There are also CLEP exams, DSSTs, UExcel exams, and TECEP exams. I don't know which, if any of these, FSU might accept.

FSU definitely accepts CLEP: https://admissions.fsu.edu/credit/clep/ They don't appear to accept DSSTs but you could ask. Same with UExcels and TECEPs. CLEP is free through ModernStates. The others cost money but would be more affordable than FSU classes.

I was looking at Physics as I don't need the lab and Cal. I will look into your options !
LOL, PHYSICS! You're not going to get many using the resources that we mentioned, for ACE, you only have StraighterLine/Study.com, for RA college/university - your best bet are the 3 colleges I mentioned, if they don't offer it, try Rio Salado or others mentioned on this link BEFORE you settle on the Big 3. Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sources_of_Credit
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
For Physics, I think NMJC is the recommended school.

For Calculus, you've got ModernStates & free CLEP or you've got ASU Calculus for $425. https://ea.asu.edu/courses/ You would need to find out whether it matters if you take Brief Calculus or the one for engineers.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 226 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 259 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,575 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch