Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will the extra credits go?
marianne202 Wrote:I just talked with my advisor at EC today about banking my extra credits. She advised against it. She said it works great for military personnel but if you want to use them towards a degree anywhere at anytime you will still need the official transcript from the original source of the credit. She said the only thing that will show up on my final transcript is the credits used towards my degree. I can have the extra credits listed, but if they weren't from them they will just have a blurb very similar to what you see on your acedemic summary from them. On my summary it has my extra credits listed below all the requirements I have met and says you also have these credits that don't apply to your degree etc. I was glad I asked, because I wanted them all consolidated so if I needed copies in the future I only had to get one and my employer or graduate school would have everything from one request. Just keep track of what credits are where and get them when you need them. I hope this helps!

Now that makes me confuse.... I really do not need FEMA for my 120 cr degree, but I am planning to us via TESC for CPA exam req ( Many state wants 150cr- without Masters). So in my final transcript it will show up as 150 cr or not? And 64k question is will State Accountancy Board (Say Alaska) will take FEMA course as credit via TESC?

TIA
Wallst, you should really check with your state board. I know that where I live the credits count so long as they were accepted for credit by a regionally accredited school. However, states are different in what they require so it's really best to call or email your board. Good luck on the CPA when you do start it; I have passed 2/2 so far, 2 to go! Sooo hard!! D:
BBA, MBA/ACC

Currently pursuing AS, working on 35ish CLEP credit hours, 3/7 tests complete!

English Comp w/Essay (3) - 7/09 - 71
Intro to Sociology (3) - 8/09 - 72
Intro to Psychology (3) - 8/09 - 68
Biology (8)
College Mathematics (3)
College Algebra (3)
American Lit (6)
6/33 Community College Credits Complete
15/62 Total Credits Complete
tbradford1 Wrote:Wallst, you should really check with your state board. I know that where I live the credits count so long as they were accepted for credit by a regionally accredited school. However, states are different in what they require so it's really best to call or email your board. Good luck on the CPA when you do start it; I have passed 2/2 so far, 2 to go! Sooo hard!! D:

TB I am planning to sit from Alaska ( I am not in that state). On NASBA site under Alaska Req says....

COURSE REQUIREMENTS

* CPA Review courses offered by regionally accredited institutions are only accepted to meet the 150-hour requirements. Course will be accepted provided credit is awarded for the course. These courses can not be used to fulfill the accounting or business requirements.
* Commercial CPA review courses are not acceptable.
* Education earned at a community college or 2-year degree granting institution is acceptable.
* Correspondence, on-line courses and CLEP credit are acceptable when a candidate receives credit for the courses [SIZE="4"]at[/SIZE] a regionally accredited university. These courses must appear on an official transcript.

Now this "at" is tricky, we do not take FEMA at RA but we transfer FEMA to RA... any thoughts?

---------------------

BTW I am planning to sit next year some time. Which one you have passed? How is it? I have strong 10+ yr Accounting exp, in Fin stat prep -GL-reporting etc... will that make these test easy (or say not so hard) for me?

TIA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,085 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,218 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,671 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,814 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,052 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,576 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,357 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,761 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Please Review My Credits & Help Me Choose a Degree Plan warriortaupou 4 1,408 05-17-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou
  Upper Level Credits at Excelsior - via ACE? Silly_Me 27 10,594 05-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Last Post: scout2family