Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which courses from Sophia.org can be transferred to UoPeople
(10-05-2020, 01:18 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 08:55 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: I'm a member of several WGU groups and my wife is taking a Master's there now. You absolutely do not have to study 55 hours a week to finish a degree from them in 1 term.

For some reason UofP has assigned me 3 different advisors. I've emailed all of them asking about my transfer credits and none of them have answered me.

Well that sets a tone, doesn't it? Seems like one shouldn't expect much from them if they can't even figure out their advisor situation and those advisors don't respond.

You said it. I am very not impressed by them. The email-only thing is something I have seen at schools that cater to poor people in the 3rd world, but I have never seen a college in the US that won't give you a phone number. It's very odd. They manage to send me 4 emails a week asking me to confirm that I'm ready to start with them though.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(10-05-2020, 08:55 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: For some reason UofP has assigned me 3 different advisors. I've emailed all of them asking about my transfer credits and none of them have answered me.

Well that sets a tone, doesn't it? Seems like one shouldn't expect much from them if they can't even figure out their advisor situation and those advisors don't respond.

The university has seen a YUGE increase in enrollment over the last couple of years. Who knows how prepared they are for that increase.

Instructors are largely (perhaps entirely) volunteers. I would imagine much of the admin and counselors are volunteer. My attitude going in is that I don't expect very good response times. I also expect that when I do get answers they may not be the right ones (TESU, anyone? :p), and I will have to just keep asking UNTIL. I did get rapid response on my transcript submissions. No degree plan. No transfer equivalency info. I haven't asked for those things, yet.

JSD, did you send just RA xscripts, ACE only, or both? If you sent ACE, maybe that's confusing them and slowing it down. Not an excuse for lack of response, though.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
(10-05-2020, 03:21 PM)jsh1138 Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 08:55 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: I'm a member of several WGU groups and my wife is taking a Master's there now. You absolutely do not have to study 55 hours a week to finish a degree from them in 1 term.

For some reason UofP has assigned me 3 different advisors. I've emailed all of them asking about my transfer credits and none of them have answered me.

You said it. I am very not impressed by them. The email-only thing is something I have seen at schools that cater to poor people in the 3rd world, but I have never seen a college in the US that won't give you a phone number. It's very odd. They manage to send me 4 emails a week asking me to confirm that I'm ready to start with them though.

Keep in mind that they aren't *really* in the US. Their US address is only a P.O. box and they do tend to cater towards foreign developing nations. They also take every step they can to minimize overhead so I could see the lack of telephone support helping them keep their own costs down.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(10-05-2020, 04:36 PM)StoicJ Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 08:55 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: For some reason UofP has assigned me 3 different advisors. I've emailed all of them asking about my transfer credits and none of them have answered me.

The university has seen a YUGE increase in enrollment over the last couple of years. Who knows how prepared they are for that increase.

Instructors are largely (perhaps entirely) volunteers. I would imagine much of the admin and counselors are volunteer. My attitude going in is that I don't expect very good response times. I also expect that when I do get answers they may not be the right ones (TESU, anyone? :p), and I will have to just keep asking UNTIL. I did get rapid response on my transcript submissions. No degree plan. No transfer equivalency info. I haven't asked for those things, yet.

JSD, did you send just RA xscripts, ACE only, or both? If you sent ACE, maybe that's confusing them and slowing it down. Not an excuse for lack of response, though.

TESU is slow, but 1) you can call them, 2) if you ask them nicely they'll speed up whatever you need them to do, and 3) TESU posts what transfer courses come in as when you're talking about Study.com or Straighterline or whatever. No such info from UoP.

I sent UoP my TESU transcript from TESU directly, as well as my ACE transcripts. My advisor confirmed they had received them on 9-17 so whatever. I have plenty of do without getting started on yet another degree program, I'm just sort of surprised at how ramshackle the process is.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

I emailed UoP again this morning about my transcripts and they said they have no record of me ever sending them any. So that's the end of this for me. Good luck to you guys who want to deal with them.

(10-07-2020, 09:09 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: I emailed UoP again this morning about my transcripts and they said they have no record of me ever sending them any. So that's the end of this for me. Good luck to you guys who want to deal with them.

Wait. What? They lost your transcripts? Have they heard of a thing called security? That is not cool!
I don't know if they're lost or if the person who got them just put them on the back burner or what but either way they claim not to have them. I told them who I gave them to, by name, and haven't heard anything back so who knows what's going on.

I'm just not going to sweat it.

Regardless of what happened or how the "misplaced" transcripts aren't very professional. If they want to be seriously accepted as RA, they can't be doing stuff like that.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
They sent me an email today saying all the transcripts I sent them were applied to my evaluation but you can't request transfer credit until you're actually enrolled.

So apparently they are telling me I have to resend them now in order to try to transfer them, and if they accept them for credit I have to cut them a check for the privilege.

If anyone is reading this, do not go to this school.

So you can't even know what the classes are being brought in as until you enroll and pay them money?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 355 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 782 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,402 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,321 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 336 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 655 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 936 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 216 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 889 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 690 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM