Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which courses from Sophia.org can be transferred to UoPeople
I have no idea what is going on. My first advisor said send my transcripts over and he would get them evaluated, now this.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Sounds like they have no idea what they're doing and flying by the seat of their pants. I guess you get what you pay for. There is no way they can become RA with he way they're running things. I was very leery of their grading process - your fellow students grading your papers. Who does that? These are students from all over the world with different language skills. This is not a way to grade papers and tests in college. It's just not.
yeah, no offense to anyone else but I just don't feel good about them. I like the Big Three and I like WGU and I'm enjoying SDI (gun school) and if I ever run out of stuff to do at those 5 I'll start looking for something else
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

I posted some info about the grading process over on my UotP thread. It has taken some getting used to, but I am seeing how it makes sense. Before getting started I was under the impression that peers were going to have an enormous say in my final grade, but fortunately that has not been the case.
 https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...icJ?page=2

I have a good impression so far. That may change when I try to get a degree plan and see how transferred courses are placed. One reason I'm going with UotP is I'm not going to pay $5000+ to finish my bachelor degree, another is I think it can be the right path for many and I want to provide useful information to them.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
(10-09-2020, 02:03 PM)StoicJ Wrote: I posted some info about the grading process over on my UotP thread. It has taken some getting used to, but I am seeing how it makes sense. Before getting started I was under the impression that peers were going to have an enormous say in my final grade, but fortunately that has not been the case.
 https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...icJ?page=2

I have a good impression so far. That may change when I try to get a degree plan and see how transferred courses are placed. One reason I'm going with UotP is I'm not going to pay $5000+ to finish my bachelor degree, another is I think it can be the right path for many and I want to provide useful information to them.

Wait. You're already having your assignments graded but don't have a degree plan?
1) I know what classes are required for the BSBA.
2) I know where most of my transfer credits (RA) will go.
3) I have not submitted ACE for eval. I only have a good idea where most of those will go, but not confirmation. I was going to add a couple more before submitting that transcript.
4) A hiccup in this process is that shortly after beginning term 1 at UotP I decided to pursue the ENEB MBA (I have a AABA and professional management experience). I will probably finish the MBA before the bachelor degree, so I am going to do a BS, comp sci rather than a BS, biz admin. So new degree path needed.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
Until University of the People get RA, for individuals in the US, I would refrain from going with them just yet. I only recommend them to individuals who are outside the us and in a developing nation for cost alone. For those who can afford it, an RA education would be recommended over NA for transferable courses. It also depends on each persons learning and what degree they are going for... And that's the reason I have a few RA and NA schools on my "good list".
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
NationsU is both cheaper and easier to use than UoP if you're in a developing nation and you want a BA, just fyi. Of course, they only offer the one BA

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • rachel83az
(10-09-2020, 12:24 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: They sent me an email today saying all the transcripts I sent them were applied to my evaluation but you can't request transfer credit until you're actually enrolled.

So apparently they are telling me I have to resend them now in order to try to transfer them, and if they accept them for credit I have to cut them a check for the privilege.

If anyone is reading this, do not go to this school.

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to give them a try. I wanted to see if any of my credits from my associates degree would transfer before enrolling... and apply any ongoing alternative credits, but apparently you can only transfer credits once. Yeah, no thanks, I'll apply somewhere else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkB's post:
  • jsh1138
Hi guys, to reply to the OP, I managed to transfer the following Sophia courses to UoP: environmental science, microeconomics, macroeconomics, art history I, introduction to psychology, introduction to information technology, accounting and principles of finance. I think they aren't fussy with what you can transfer providing they are LD courses and possibly electives. You have to fill out a form to have your credits transferred and in my case, it took a few days. Btw, I'm outside the US so NA/RA is not really relevant for me and I'm overall content with them; everything gets sorted out at the end, they even seem less slow than our brick-and-mortar universities. Also, there are scholarships available if you're struggling financially, I've received one that covered 10 courses even if I'm not from a developing country. Regards

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,377 Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 381 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,692 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,798 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,870 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,397 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 604 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,962 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet