Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which one is most recommended for testing out General Education requirements- Study.c
(06-02-2017, 07:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Collegelady2 Wrote:I'm sorry who are you taking the business stats thru now?

I recommended Gymfan15 and everyone else, the only Stats I ever passed was Straighterline Business Stats.
I passed it and I have been recommending it ever since, I failed ALEKS after two months, failed SL's Intro To Stats at 65%.
I practically was going to give up until I saw Business Stats was transferred into TESU as the same thing!
Took it and passed with an 85%.  I was so happy ever since, that's the only course I've failed... gosh...

Hi bjcheung77,

I don't see Business Stats listed on this page. Am I missing something or is it no longer available for transfer?

http://www.straighterline.com/colleges/t...uivalency/

Thanks!

D
(07-31-2017, 08:27 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: Hi bjcheung77,

I don't see Business Stats listed on this page. Am I missing something or is it no longer available for transfer?

Thanks!

D

Near the bottom. Ctrl+F and search for "Principles of Statistics - STA-201"

Bus. Stat is listed as MAT-150, coming in as STA-201 at TESU.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thorne's post:
  • CarpeDiem8
(07-31-2017, 08:44 PM)Thorne Wrote:

Thanks!

D

Just a quick 'Thank You' to Thorne and bjcheung77. So so so so so so helpful. As always and true of so many wonderful angels here. Thanks for giving me another possibility with Statistics. This whole place is amazing. Thank you both so much for this little gem!
---------------
Next Goal: TESU BA in Psychology & Computer Science

Glad to help!
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(06-03-2017, 01:06 AM)Collegelady2 Wrote:
dfrecore Wrote:I worked in Accounting/Finance for a long time, and seriously, I never had to do calculations by hand (with or without a calculator).  And, every company I worked for had you do things a different way - they had excel spreadsheets for EVERYTHING!  Unless they had a computer program which did it even more easily.  So I can't quite figure out why stats is a "thing" for business degrees at this point in time.  I never did a single blessed thing with stats in all the years I worked.  I know this course is a complete waste of time for me, which makes it even harder to try to pass!! banghead

Aren't most college classes in general this way?  Useless?  Other than to put on that resume that you have a college degree

(06-03-2017, 12:19 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
Collegelady2 Wrote:Aren't most college classes in general this way?  Useless?  Other than to put on that resume that you have a college degree

True!  That whole "we want you to be well-rounded" thing is...dumb.

I strongly believe that statistics should be a required course in high school. It's not necessary for most to understand how to do the calculations, but understanding the concepts are important. From the many times I have had to explain research findings written about on mainstream websites and how meaningless anecdotal evidence can be, I have seen that a basic understanding of statistics is needed to understand everyday things. There would be fewer dumb people if they at least understood basic concepts. Statistics aren't just about calculations; they're about logic.

(06-02-2017, 07:47 AM)SDO Wrote: The other benefit of Study.com over SL is that when you complete quizzes in one course, they will count as completed in any course that has overlap. For example, by doing Organizational Behavior, you have completed a percentage of management, HRM, etc.  Also, Study.com has placement tests where you can test out of large chunks of the class before you even start the class. It is best to do as many courses as possible through them because of these 2 things.

Even with these things, I can still get through most SL courses faster. For the SL courses I've taken, I only had to take a handful of examinations. A placement test could wipe out half the quizzes I would need at Study.com, and I would still get through an SL course faster.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(07-31-2017, 08:44 PM)Thorne Wrote:

Thanks!

D

oh duh!!!!! Thank you! LOL
(08-01-2017, 12:38 AM)sanantone Wrote: I strongly believe that statistics should be a required course in high school. It's not necessary for most to understand how to do the calculations, but understanding the concepts are important. From the many times I have had to explain research findings written about on mainstream websites and how meaningless anecdotal evidence can be, I have seen that a basic understanding of statistics is needed to understand everyday things. There would be fewer dumb people if they at least understood basic concepts. Statistics aren't just about calculations; they're about logic.

Unfortunately, in my experience, even most people who know statistics don't think through them logically.  I've had scientists tell me, "the data don't lie."  Um, no, but they can certainly be used to misrepresent the facts.  Now informal logic -- that would be nice to see on every high school's curriculum plan.

I will actually be taking Saylor's Intro to Statistics as a math selection by choice. lol  I read a lot of clinical studies and it will be good to better understand the charts and such they use.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,349 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,597 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,447 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 750 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,903 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 592 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 312 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 731 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM