Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you want for President in 2016?
Just curious to see where people are leaning.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
[Image: fc,550x550,white.u1.jpg]
videogamesrock Wrote:Just curious to see where people are leaning.

You are curious to see an argument?
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
videogamesrock Wrote:Just curious to see where people are leaning.

I'm thinking..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5yCOSHeYn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-gQLqv9f4o

https://www.facebook.com/KidPresident
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
The other day I was on the bus talking to a fellow. He was probably in his mid-20s, and trying to cobble together enough part-time jobs to earn a living. We talked politics - Dem to Dem - and we both got to talking about the revolution to come. Don't know that anyone who can afford to run for president can hold him- or herself out there for the common (wo)man. The one per-centers had better watch out.

(Lord, wouldn't I love to have to worry about a coming revolution from the 1% side. Chance would be a fine thing!)
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
LaterBloomer Wrote:. . . and we both got to talking about the revolution to come . . .

I don't think a revolution is going to happen any time soon, assuming you're talking about the U.S. The average American is blinded by the two-party system and is more concerned about voting for contestants on The Voice than they are for their government officials.

There will have to be a hard, sudden financial crash -- bad enough to wipe out the working class -- for people to feel enough pain to revolt. The slow, steady decimation of the working class that we've been going through for the past few decades isn't going to bother people enough. It's sort of like putting crabs into a pot and turning up the heat. They don't realize they're being boiled alive until it's too late.

And, just to keep my post on-topic... I'm for Ben Carson. I don't agree with him on all the issues, but he's my guy. Unfortunately, there's not a chance he'll win, since he's pushing hard for people to be more self-accountable. I don't think that we're all ready to be told that we're responsible for ourselves yet.

dmjacobsen http://donaldjacobsen.com
Author, nurse, and all-around awesome guy
MSN Executive Leadership - The University of Memphis - 2016
MBA Healthcare Management - Western Governors University - 2015
We had a financial crash in 2008. Many people who shouldn't be investing lost majority of their life's savings and homes. Many small time investors became very wealthy by buying distressed homes. Now we see rent exceeding 30% of peoples income, where it used to be under 30%. Rents are going up and so are property values. I don't see much of a chance for millennial's who are buried in students debt, paying rent they must share with roommates and yes, they are more concerned about The Voice than politics.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
I haven't made up my mind yet. I'm looking for someone who has common sense and cares about all Americans (and not just their own power and money). In other words....I'll probably still be looking long after the election xD
Goal: BA in American Studies - COSC (103/120)
In Progress: -
Completed - Straighterline: US History 2
CLEP - American Literature

Associate of Arts - COSC (August 31st, 2014)
Classes used to complete it:
Liberty University Classes: English 101, English 102, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Introduction to Probability & Statistics
Advanced Placement: Art History
Straighterline Classes: Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Biology (w/ Lab), Personal Finance, Business Ethics, Introduction to Religion, American Government, Cultural Anthropology, Introduction to Nutrition, Introduction to Communications, U.S. History 1
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
COSC: Cornerstone
videogamesrock Wrote:We had a financial crash in 2008

This is why I clarified in my post that it would have to be "bad enough to wipe out the working class". Fortunately, we haven't seen that happen yet. Unfortunately, we are still crabs in the pot.

dmjacobsen http://donaldjacobsen.com
Author, nurse, and all-around awesome guy
MSN Executive Leadership - The University of Memphis - 2016
MBA Healthcare Management - Western Governors University - 2015
Wait till fall then bring this up again because, candidates are still announcing their entry into the race.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DOJ says that Biden can't even remember when he was vice president LevelUP 5 547 02-10-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  U of Michigan removes School President bjcheung77 0 569 01-15-2022, 09:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Haiti President Assassinated! OMG! bjcheung77 6 1,022 07-09-2021, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Liberty U out a president Sparklette 9 1,616 08-13-2020, 02:20 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  American University Student Body President Wins Lawsuit sanantone 1 1,058 10-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Last Post: ChilliDawg
  Purdue University President remarks at 2019 commencement on today' Snowflake students Life Long Learning 2 1,235 05-29-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: MSK9
  Big 3 Grad meets President of.... burbuja0512 6 1,804 03-30-2019, 07:03 AM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  President James Garfield's education Ideas 1 1,091 03-18-2018, 12:22 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  2016 Tax Returns videogamesrock 2 862 04-03-2017, 11:03 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Merry Christmas 2016!!! ShotoJuku 5 1,261 12-25-2016, 07:41 PM
Last Post: mrpower