Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who needs a pep talk???
Who needs a pep talk?
Come at me. I'll give ya one!

You can do it. And no, not like the dork on SNL. You can do it!

Start reading your books, taking the practice tests, reading specific exam feedback. Stop worrying about failure, about what everyone else is doing. Shut off your computer, no more facebook, IM, degreegorum, hotmail etc. Lock yourself in a room for a few hours and learn some material. Then prove yourself on a test and enjoy the feeling of success.

It is intoxicating and very rewarding to know that you have learned enough on your own to satisfy the College Board requirements for a course.

Enjoy it!

Smile
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:Who needs a pep talk?
Come at me. I'll give ya one!

You can do it. And no, not like the dork on SNL. You can do it!

Start reading your books, taking the practice tests, reading specific exam feedback. Stop worrying about failure, about what everyone else is doing. Shut off your computer, no more facebook, IM, degreegorum, hotmail etc. Lock yourself in a room for a few hours and learn some material. Then prove yourself on a test and enjoy the feeling of success.

It is intoxicating and very rewarding to know that you have learned enough on your own to satisfy the College Board requirements for a course.

Enjoy it!

Smile

You want some crackers with that cheese. hilarious
Just messing with you. It is true that I had to do all of the above to get through some of my exams. Especially shutting off my computer, except of course when I was doing the flashcards. I've never been on "degreegorum" before though.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Yes! I need a peptalk Smile Well.. not currently studying until my MBA program starts in August, but OMG need the pep talk anyhow! Work and travel and kids and lots more travel.. no clue how I'm going to do the MBA..
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
You can do it!
Yeah its cheesy!

Degreegorum, gotta love it.

Burbuja, get the syllabus for your first class and start reading the textbook. If you read the entire text before day one of the class, you will have a massive head start and it will reduce your anxiety. I do this now and wish I had done it back when I was in school as a kid.
dude, you're nuts :-D

I imagine you running into random meetings at work just to yell QUALITY! and then sprint away.

rah rah ree
- study! study! study!

rah rah ras
- get a good nights rest and a complete nutritious breakfast before going in to take your exams!
B.S. Comp Studies - UMUC (May/2011)
Cert. Information Assurance - UMUC (May/2011)
Cert. Information & Network Security - UMBC Training Centers (June/2010)
A.A. Information Technology - Programming (May/2010)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEH, CHFI, Sec+, Linux+, iNet+, Project+, SCJP, SCWCD, CIW

"A job not worth doing is not worth doing well, but a job worth doing is worth doing right the first time."
Ahh! I need to stay on track on school. Living in Miami..is like a party life haha!

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
I do. I'm scratching my head. See ALEKS thread. :confused: :toetap:
I believe in this stuff guys !!! Smile

This site and the CLEP/DSST process is great. Anyone who needs a pep talk can get one from me. Just PM me Smile
OKKKKKKK....I really need one. Sent a PM =)
BSBA in Finance from TESC by fall 2011
Total: 147 credits
FinancialWorld Wrote:OKKKKKKK....I really need one. Sent a PM =)
:iagree: ...ME TOO!
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Talk to me about Smartsheet Vle045 4 592 05-17-2022, 05:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Please help me talk some sense into my sister! sanantone 38 6,888 06-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Book Talk AimsHigh 9 1,682 09-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Lindagerr