Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is eLearners emailing me, and how did they get my email address?
JBtesc Wrote:Google the term "unnatural link", you can better wade through the results than I applying your specific details/circumstances.

You'd have to read the fine print of this sites "terms of service" to see what their policy is on relaying contact information to websites which contact them with a potentially legal concern.

There are spam links, unnatural links, which put unnecessary tax on a server.

For example, if you have a "bad" or unnatural link... it could be sending unwanted traffic there, in other words, not humans who might actually be consumers... but bots , pharming/phishing or just getting lost... whatever these bots do , that serves no benefit to the site but actually costs them.

It doesn't matter that YOUR link wasn't MEANT to do that. All that matters is that they have had SOME kind of problem and they are trying to route it out.

IF - they went through this forum first, which would be my guess, then, again you'd have to check the TOS to be sure they don't have the legal right to relay your contact info in such (quasi-)legal cases.

IF - they just have ninja hacking skills to find your email address, that's also not anything we can do anything about.

IF - you believe it did not actually originate where it says it did, I would just report it as spam/phishing/etc. to your email provider and ignore it.

I believe they contacted me in error. I finally clicked on their Rmoov.com link since I now know it's a legitimate site. They called me the owner of degreeforum.net's domain. I clicked their link to let them know that I was contacted in error. They need to contact the actual owners or administrators of this website.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PayPal - Asking for ID and address confirmation bjcheung77 7 758 03-08-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Old Guy
  Keep student email address? Vle045 10 1,702 04-23-2021, 11:15 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  Microsoft Office 360 Free with Student Email yb1 9 3,535 09-27-2016, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Bibby
  Leaving address off of resume? soliloquy 3 1,002 06-28-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  Time on my email STG 10 1,453 09-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Last Post: mrs.b