Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is this so hard???
I am so close- I have one final exam to take tomorrow in a gender roles traditional course, self paced, and 4 assignments to submit in another self paced sociology course, plus the final.

It is hard not studying towards a test. I can hardly make myself write these long, laborious essays, even though the material is very interesting.

Plus, it is taking IU awhile to process all my CBE results. I know I passed all those exams, achieving the needed scores for IU, but it takes awhile to go through the registrar. It's discouraging to get an "updated plan of study" that only shows about half of my exam credits.

The other day I just photocopied all my official print out results and sent them on so at least the registrar would know what was coming eventually.

It's like I have CBE withdrawal. I will finish everything, despite my whining.

I will take my last traditional course exam by the end of October, perhaps on Halloween!
:eek:

Sorry to have been away from the board. I have had so many family events going on, plus computer issues, (I couldn't remember my password, as I normally am automatically logged in).

Good job everybody! It is amazing to log on and see how much everyone has achieved!
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Green"]Mary

80 Traditional credits
45 testing

9 CLEPS
Freshmen Comp- 71
Analyzing & Interpreting Lit -72
Human Growth & Development -73
Ed Psych -67

CLEP Humanties- 7/11/06 -74
CLEP American Lit- 7/18/06 - 65
CLEP US History I I 7/18/06- 63
CLEP American Government 8/8-57
CLEP US History II 8/8 -68

2 DSSTs- 8/11
Here's to your Health 69
Fundamentals of Counseling 64

Indiana University School of Continuing Studies
B.G.S-Done!
125 credits 10/20/06 -
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Good to see you are with us again and how close you are, gives the rest of us encouragement to see people reach their goals. Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
Basket Weaver Wrote:Good to see you are with us again and how close you are, gives the rest of us encouragement to see people reach their goals. Lee
Thanks, still plugging away. I have a final next Monday, and then 3 submissions for my last class, then that final.

Life has been so hectic. I don't always do well with free floating deadlines!!!

The thought of a decent hike in pay is spurring me on!

Good luck to all!

80 Traditional credits
45 testing

9 CLEPS
Freshmen Comp- 71
Ed Psych -67

2 DSSTs- 8/11
Here's to your Health 69

B.G.S-Done!
125 credits 10/20/06 -
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Submitted another 2 assignments together this afternoon.

That leaves a final on Monday and 3 more assignments for the remaining course, plus that final.

I submit two assignments at a time, so it's lessons 9 and 10, (wait for those to be graded, and then submit lesson 11, and my request for my final, final exam!)

I can't wait. It's kind of scary. What will I do that day???
:confused:

I know this isn't testing out related anymore, but it's the last part of the journey that I never would have made without IC...

I know many of us are doing a combo of testing out and traditional credits.

How does that work for you?

Cheers,

80 Traditional credits
45 testing

9 CLEPS
Freshmen Comp- 71
Ed Psych -67

2 DSSTs- 8/11
Here's to your Health 69

B.G.S-Done!
125 credits 10/20/06 -
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Over my 23 year military career, I took a plethora of schools and classes, a large portion of them were ACE approved so I received credit for them. I then took about 6 brick & morter classes, which I could not stand, and was able to finish my Aviation Maintenance degree. I found this site while I was looking for information on the College Math CLEP. I signed up and have been using it ever since. It's a great tool but you have to be motivated enough to make yourself use it. I know there are days when I'm staring at the computer screen thinking of a hundreds other things I want/could/should be doing. I think this is like a savings plan, it will pay off in the future; that or this was a major waste of time!Smile

I know what I'm going to do that day, gather my family & friends together and treat them to a very nice steak dinner for the encouragement & support they've given and sacrifices we've ALL had to make to get this out of the way. Then we'll all go to a pub and get completely pissed on Guinness; yep, that sounds like a great plan. It will be nice to get this weight off.
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
Basket Weaver Wrote:I know what I'm going to do that day, gather my family & friends together and treat them to a very nice steak dinner for the encouragement & support they've given and sacrifices we've ALL had to make to get this out of the way. Then we'll all go to a pub and get completely pissed on Guinness; yep, that sounds like a great plan. It will be nice to get this weight off.

Sounds like a plan!!

It will be good to get this weight off. It has been such a long journey. I was planning on doing a self acquired competency portfolio that would get me credit for life experience, but the credits from my univerisity were not a sure thing. Taking CLEP and DANTES exams was the best thing I ever did for myself on this journey.

Finishing my traditional classes is deadly some days, but I know it will pay off. I wish I had planned to test out of everything, but I was enrolled in these B & M classes, (well sort of B & M, they're correspondence) before I knew about the wonders of testing out. :p

A night out at the pub sounds wunderbar!!!

Back to the books...this chapter is called "Religion and Rationality", by Max Weber...

Cheers

80 Traditional credits
45 testing

9 CLEPS
Freshmen Comp- 71
Ed Psych -67

2 DSSTs- 8/11
Here's to your Health 69

B.G.S-Done!
125 credits 10/20/06 -
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Well back to the books with you. I have the night off as I did two tests this week, sort of a personal reward, though I'm back at it tomorrow getting ready for two more tests next week. Good luck to you and your studies! Keep in touch and let us know how it turned out.
Basket Weaver Wrote:Well back to the books with you. I have the night off as I did two tests this week, sort of a personal reward, though I'm back at it tomorrow getting ready for two more tests next week. Good luck to you and your studies! Keep in touch and let us know how it turned out.

Okay, so got an A- as my final grade in my B & M computer apps course.

Just took the final in my sociology of gender roles course, sure that I passed it. 8 pages of essays, very different from my beloved CLEPS!

All that's left to go now are one and a half assignments that I submit via email, and a final for my last course, sociology of religion. (again pages and pages of essays, but that's okay, I like writing.)

I have to wait 10 days between assignments before submitting the next unless it is graded sooner, but I did email my instructor and he's willing to accelerate the process. I plan on taking my last exam on October 26th and FINISHING my BGS!!!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

80 Traditional credits
45 testing

9 CLEPS
Freshmen Comp- 71
Ed Psych -67

2 DSSTs- 8/11
Here's to your Health 69

B.G.S-Done!
125 credits 10/20/06 -
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why degree mills center so hard in post-graduate degrees? elcastor21 7 952 12-08-2023, 06:56 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Sometimes even heroes have it hard... (no cellphone to use) bjcheung77 0 255 05-13-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  NYU professor fired... Organic chem class too hard! bjcheung77 12 1,015 10-12-2022, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Having a hard time and feeling like an idiot... blaczkowitz 11 3,141 12-30-2017, 10:23 PM
Last Post: mlwilliamsiv
  Difference between Kindle and hard copy study guide for CLEP exams BeSmart01 0 1,120 12-21-2017, 09:27 PM
Last Post: BeSmart01
  How hard is the Western Civ 1 CLEP? Jesusfreak97 26 8,431 08-11-2016, 01:55 PM
Last Post: 25BangBang
  Intro to business law. Hard or easy? lina 29 9,901 08-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  CLEP Refunds + Retests (A lesson learned the hard way) iwant2stalku 0 1,145 11-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Last Post: iwant2stalku
  Is College Composition hard? groundhog 4 3,105 01-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Westerner
  How hard is the Principles of Management CLEP? miamicanes247 4 2,832 08-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Last Post: columbia