Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why multiple Saylor courses not equivelent to the same TESU courses?
One of the TESU staff sent me this link about 2 months ago, when I had asked them about Saylor. Actually, I am looking for a BA-LS UL credit option. From this link, I understand that subjects pertaining to Gen. Management, HR Management etc could satisfy BA-LS AOS requirements?
https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/liberal-studies
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(12-18-2018, 06:13 PM)Supermind Wrote: Check out BUS-204, 208 & 210 on this TESU-Saylor list. Are these courses accepted as UL?

https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/o...rse-option

That is not technically a course equivalency list, that list reflects the Saylor "open courses" which are courses that are intended to be taken at Saylor to study for TECEPs and PLA credit assessment at TESU. Yes, some of them can also earn NCCRS or ACE credit assessment, but that is an old list so any suggested course equivalencies may no longer be relevant. Outside of Principles of Finance, the rest of the Saylor direct courses are not UL recommended or accepted for UL credit at TESU.

(12-18-2018, 06:21 PM)Supermind Wrote: One of the TESU staff sent me this link about 2 months ago, when I had asked them about Saylor. Actually, I am looking for a BA-LS UL credit option. From this link, I understand that subjects pertaining to Gen. Management, HR Management etc could satisfy BA-LS AOS requirements?

As far as I know, the BALS courses are predominately GenEds and business courses do not fulfill BALS requirements. There are a few exceptions, in that there are some management/HR courses that are also considered psychology which do fall under the BALS umbrella. Also, some business classes are considered social sciences (like economics) which can also fall under BALS.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(12-18-2018, 06:29 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 06:13 PM)Supermind Wrote: Check out BUS-204, 208 & 210 on this TESU-Saylor list. Are these courses accepted as UL?

That is not technically a course equivalency list, that list reflects the Saylor "open courses" which are courses that are intended to be taken at Saylor to study for TECEPs and PLA credit assessment at TESU. Yes, some of them can also earn NCCRS or ACE credit assessment, but that is an old list so any suggested course equivalencies may no longer be relevant. Outside of Principles of Finance, the rest of the Saylor direct courses are not UL recommended or accepted for UL credit at TESU.

(12-18-2018, 06:21 PM)Supermind Wrote: One of the TESU staff sent me this link about 2 months ago, when I had asked them about Saylor. Actually, I am looking for a BA-LS UL credit option. From this link, I understand that subjects pertaining to Gen. Management, HR Management etc could satisfy BA-LS AOS requirements?

As far as I know, the BALS courses are predominately GenEds and management courses do not fulfill BALS requirements. There are a few exceptions, in that there are some management/HR courses that are also considered psychology which do fall under the BALS umbrella.

Ok. So confusing. Wonder why the TESU staff sent me this list! So, something like ‘Leadership & Organizational Behavior’ would be considered?

https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2016-and-after2

Looks like Managerial Communications (MAN-373) is included in Gen-Ed. But going by what you say Merlin, saylor’s BUS-210 is not ‘equivalent’ to MAN-373 at TESU?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(12-18-2018, 06:35 PM)Supermind Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 06:29 PM)Merlin Wrote:

As far as I know, the BALS courses are predominately GenEds and business courses do not fulfill BALS requirements. There are a few exceptions, in that there are some management/HR courses that are also considered psychology which do fall under the BALS umbrella. Also, some business classes are considered social sciences (like economics) which can also fall under BALS.

Ok. So confusing. Wonder why the TESU staff sent me this list! So, something like ‘Leadership & Organizational Behavior’ would be considered?

The TESU advisors' primary job is to recommend TESU courses. It isn't in their best interests to take the time to learn much about alternative credit options. When they do, their recommendations are often based on outdated information, or they will just parrot what is listed on official articulation agreements rather than investigate current options.

I believe that the various organizational behavior courses should work in a BALS. You can ask advising for it to be pre-planned and they will confirm one way or the other.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,403 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 964 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 704 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,047 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 372 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 433 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,882 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,038 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,072 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 593 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer