Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not 3 more Degrees??? Help me
I have an AS in BA. If I start a BALS at TESU,
Should I get an AA as well?? I believe all I would need is the cornerstone. Right? (No Capstone for associates?)

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
In progress:
TESU or UMPI

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG CIS AOS
Bergen Community College - AS BA
Sophia - 15 Courses, InstantCert - 7 Courses, Study.com 1 Course
Coursera -  Google Digital Marketing
Coursera - Google IT Professional Certificate
Coursera - Project Management
CSMLEARN
Clep -  Spanish, CIS, Analyzing Lit
Below is what I typed in this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid332766

It's just me, if there is no additional work involved for the AA or AS at COSC beyond that of the Bachelors, I think having a secondary AA or AS (if there is a concentration) would be beneficial to just having the BOG AAS. I highly think that the Bachelors will have sufficient surplus of credits to be used for the second AA/AS anyways, and if there is no extra cost, energy, time involved, I would do it...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Instead of the AA, you might want to get an ASNSM in CS. It's also free - aside from the cost of any additional course(s) you might need. If you're getting a BALS, a plain AA isn't really going to be worth much.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
If you already have an AS, there is zero point in getting a general AA.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-18-2021, 09:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you already have an AS, there is zero point in getting a general AA.

I 10000% agree!! There is zero point to it. Do not get extra general associates if they cost you a ton of extra time and money.

However, if there is absolutely zero effort involved and it is simple. I'm of the philosophy why not?

Like at TESU if you get a BA you will have an AA done. If someone does a BSBA then will automatically have an ASBA done as well. The BA comp sci will have the ASNSM comp sci done as well. I know those are completely pointless degrees, that would never be listed on a resume or CV. But if I were a TESU student I'd get an AA with my BA, the ASBA with my BSBA or the ASNSM with my BA Comp Sci. I know full well these choices serves no purpose at all, but I find enjoyment in collecting as many degrees as possible. Maybe I'm weird, but I suspect others on this forum feel the same way I do.

I have a handful of associate's degrees and I would never list any of them on a resume since I got my bachelor's because they are all general degrees. One of them was more a reverse transfer and the pointless thing ever and basically identical to another associate's I had. But when I found all it was going to cost me $20 to send my transcripts, five minutes to fill out a form and a two-minute phone call; for a full associate's degree, I decided why not. No classes, money or extra work needed. Some people might think I'm weird but I just like to think of it as being resourceful.

When I went to CC the number of people I met that had over 75 credits at graduation blew my mind. (at my CC you only need 15 credits for a second degree). I told multiple people that all they had to do was fill out a form and they could graduate with a second associate's (like AGS or general AA) for no extra work or money. They all told me they didn't care or that filling out the single-page form was too much work. To each his own I guess. 

Some people collect baseball cards, I collect college degrees.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • jch
(03-18-2021, 11:33 PM)natshar Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 09:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you already have an AS, there is zero point in getting a general AA.

I 10000% agree!! There is zero point to it. Do not get extra general associates if they cost you a ton of extra time and money.

However, if there is absolutely zero effort involved and it is simple. I'm of the philosophy why not?

Like at TESU if you get a BA you will have an AA done. If someone does a BSBA then will automatically have an ASBA done as well. The BA comp sci will have the ASNSM comp sci done as well. I know those are completely pointless degrees, that would never be listed on a resume or CV. But if I were a TESU student I'd get an AA with my BA, the ASBA with my BSBA or the ASNSM with my BA Comp Sci. I know full well these choices serves no purpose at all, but I find enjoyment in collecting as many degrees as possible. Maybe I'm weird, but I suspect others on this forum feel the same way I do.

I have a handful of associate's degrees and I would never list any of them on a resume since I got my bachelor's because they are all general degrees. One of them was more a reverse transfer and the pointless thing ever and basically identical to another associate's I had. But when I found all it was going to cost me $20 to send my transcripts, five minutes to fill out a form and a two-minute phone call; for a full associate's degree, I decided why not. No classes, money or extra work needed. Some people might think I'm weird but I just like to think of it as being resourceful.

When I went to CC the number of people I met that had over 75 credits at graduation blew my mind. (at my CC you only need 15 credits for a second degree). I told multiple people that all they had to do was fill out a form and they could graduate with a second associate's (like AGS or general AA) for no extra work or money. They all told me they didn't care or that filling out the single-page form was too much work. To each his own I guess. 

According to my evaluation from TESU, I only need SOS-110

I have everything else showing completed. Should I go for it? I need SOS-110 for my BA anyways. So I guess its Just costing me an extra Frame to hang..lol

(03-18-2021, 05:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Below is what I typed in this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid332766

It's just me, if there is no additional work involved for the AA or AS at COSC beyond that of the Bachelors, I think having a secondary AA or AS (if there is a concentration) would be beneficial to just having the BOG AAS.  I highly think that the Bachelors will have sufficient surplus of credits to be used for the second AA/AS anyways, and if there is no extra cost, energy, time involved, I would do it...

So should I get the AA from TESU while I work on my BA there as well? Or get the BOG AAS? in TESU, I only need SOS-110 to complete the AA.
In progress:
TESU or UMPI

Completed:
CSMLEARN
(03-19-2021, 07:38 AM)splirow Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 11:33 PM)natshar Wrote:

According to my evaluation from TESU, I only need SOS-110

I have everything else showing completed. Should I go for it? I need SOS-110 for my BA anyways. So I guess its Just costing me an extra Frame to hang..lol

(03-18-2021, 05:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Below is what I typed in this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid332766

It's just me, if there is no additional work involved for the AA or AS at COSC beyond that of the Bachelors, I think having a secondary AA or AS (if there is a concentration) would be beneficial to just having the BOG AAS.  I highly think that the Bachelors will have sufficient surplus of credits to be used for the second AA/AS anyways, and if there is no extra cost, energy, time involved, I would do it...

So should I get the AA from TESU while I work on my BA there as well? Or get the BOG AAS? in TESU, I only need SOS-110 to complete the AA.

Unless you are on an older catalog (or already have a bachelor's from another school) you need SOS-110 at TESU for all bachelor's and associate's degrees.

The BOG associates probably aren't worth the hassle and also once you get a bachelor's (or any degree) you aren't eligible. Plus with Pierpont changes, it might not be possible soon. So just stick with the TESU AA.
(03-19-2021, 07:38 AM)splirow Wrote: So should I get the AA from TESU while I work on my BA there as well? Or get the BOG AAS? in TESU, I only need SOS-110 to complete the AA.

The main problem with getting an AA from TESU prior to completing your BA is that you have to pony up the $3128 for the residency waiver, and then the countdown clock starts at that moment, giving you a year to complete your BA.  If something happens between the AA and BA, and you can't finish (perhaps your car breaks down right before you're going to pay for the capstone and you can't pay for it for several months), you are screwed.  You are MUCH better off sticking with your BA, and I suppose you could get the AA at the same time as the BA when you apply for graduation.

Again, since you already have an AA, there is literally zero point to doing this.  I personally wouldn't, because I don't like to do things that don't make sense to me - I don't "collect" degrees even if I can.  I only got the WVNCC BOG AAS degree as a guinea pig for the forum to make sure that it was easy for others to get, and it was free - it wasn't for me, and I've never paid any attention to it after that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
splirow, I don't recall, are you going for a BALS with or without a concentration? Another question is, are you paying the residency waiver or going for 16 residency credits at TESU?

Furthermore, how far along are you with the BALS? You should create a thread and list your completed courses so we can create a plan of action or a degree plan for you.

If you only have the SOS-110 to do, just add it to your list of programs, you can decide later to keep it or not - if you do it'll just be an extra frame you can get at the dollar store as you mentioned.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
What I have
I currently have an Associate In Science Business Admin from Bergen Community College.

What I think I want
Get Associate in Arts (because its free and would only require SOS-110 9 (I think)) and move on to either BALS or BSBA in Finance or both (why not?)

Should I do Bachelor to Master while we at it??

FYI:
Money is not an issue. Time may be
I have 76 Credits... 64 are RA (3 Community Colleges)
(I also have a RE license in NJ so I can probably can get another 3 credits as Electives)
I can probably get another 18-21 credits in Spanish through ACTFL. (probably not UL but could try)

HELP ME PLAN!!

Forgot to mention:
I did the Ethics from institutes 2 weeks ago... Dont know if it will transfer. ( I sent it directly to TESU.. Crossing fingers)
Also currently working on Modern States American Gov for Clep before end of Month.

Attached Files
.xlsx   DegreePlan2021.xlsx (Size: 11.21 KB / Downloads: 11)
In progress:
TESU or UMPI

Completed:
CSMLEARN

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Affordable Online Masters degrees related to biology NotJoeBiden 6 512 01-24-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Advice Needed - Competency-based graduate degrees that allow acceleration priceaction 14 795 01-02-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Looking into language teaching related degrees aperantosbias 38 2,007 09-03-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: aperantosbias
  Online Proctored Degrees AS2004 6 691 05-15-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Any Degrees or Certs to look at? Insert Name 9 837 11-14-2022, 04:41 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Hypothetically, from TESU, can you get two dual major degrees? CanICode 16 1,789 10-30-2022, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Milana Lewis
  Online degrees that are learning disability friendly? joy_d 7 769 09-14-2022, 02:19 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Are TESU degrees accepted for masters programs? Amberlinjeanne 11 1,486 02-03-2022, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jsd
Bug Science Degree & 2 Degrees chattenoire 6 988 10-22-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question About Combining Degrees JeffreyKwonDo 4 1,032 10-20-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: rachel83az