Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not 3 more Degrees??? Help me
(03-19-2021, 12:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: splirow, I don't recall, are you going for a BALS with or without a concentration?  Another question is, are you paying the residency waiver or going for 16 residency credits at TESU?  

Furthermore, how far along are you with the BALS? You should create a thread and list your completed courses so we can create a plan of action or a degree plan for you.  

If you only have the SOS-110 to do, just add it to your list of programs, you can decide later to keep it or not - if you do it'll just be an extra frame you can get at the dollar store as you mentioned.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...es-Help-me

Done... Now pls guide me OB1

(03-18-2021, 05:57 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Instead of the AA, you might want to get an ASNSM in CS. It's also free - aside from the cost of any additional course(s) you might need. If you're getting a BALS, a plain AA isn't really going to be worth much.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...es-Help-me

the AA would be "Just Because" its there. But yeah, my goal is for BSBA/BALS
In progress:
TESU or UMPI

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG CIS AOS
Bergen Community College - AS BA
Sophia - 15 Courses, InstantCert - 7 Courses, Study.com 1 Course
Coursera -  Google Digital Marketing
Coursera - Google IT Professional Certificate
Coursera - Project Management
CSMLEARN
Clep -  Spanish, CIS, Analyzing Lit
If you do a BALS and a BSBA, you'll have to do two capstones. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but it is something to keep in mind. With 76 RA credits, you're certainly most of the way towards a BALS.

You'll need math. Sophia for Algebra; you have stats but both Algebra and Stats are required for BSBA. If TESU doesn't accept The Institutes (which they might not now), Ethics at Sophia. Aside from those and American Government, it looks like you have parts A-D all done.

Have you seen the roadmaps/plans on the wiki? https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap and https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...gree_Plans
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Zardoz
If you went to BCC, I assume you're a NJ resident. Going off from Rachel's point about needing to do two Capstones plus SOS110, you may want to consider taking a few other courses from TESU to avoid the need for the residency waiver, since I presume you'll be able to access in-state tuition.
Also, thinking about it, a BALS is a somewhat pointless expense of both time and money if you're going to get a BSBA. I would suggest either getting just the BSBA or else choosing something besides a BALS. This is especially true if you're going to be taking 16 credits from TESU to avoid the residency waiver.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
<LOL> OBi-Wan Kenobi eh? Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn (quigongene) finished his WGU Bachelors in record time, I am amazed how fast he did it...

Anyways, I'll respond to the thread you link posted, if you have the energy, money, time, I guess you can complete that...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-20-2021, 09:52 AM)innen_oda Wrote: If you went to BCC, I assume you're a NJ resident. Going off from Rachel's point about needing to do two Capstones plus SOS110, you may want to consider taking a few other courses from TESU to avoid the need for the residency waiver, since I presume you'll be able to access in-state tuition.

I have 64 RA credits... isn't that sufficient to avoid the residency waiver? Plus it really has nothing to do with living in NJ even though the name says "Residency". Or am I wrong?

(03-20-2021, 10:27 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Also, thinking about it, a BALS is a somewhat pointless expense of both time and money if you're going to get a BSBA. I would suggest either getting just the BSBA or else choosing something besides a BALS. This is especially true if you're going to be taking 16 credits from TESU to avoid the residency waiver.

You are probably right regarding the BALS. I will try to concentrate on the BSBA and only do BALS if I get bored or if it would be easy to get.

Why would I have to take 16 credits from TESU to avoid the residency waiver? I have 64 RA community college credits. Please explain.
In progress:
TESU or UMPI

Completed:
CSMLEARN
Quote:Why would I have to take 16 credits from TESU to avoid the residency waiver? I have 64 RA community college credits. Please explain.

Because that's what TESU policy says. 
RA credits from community college (or from any other school that is not TESU) do not fulfill TESU's own residency requirement. You should either pay for residency waiver or earn 16 credits from TESU. These are two only options that TESU offers and there is no other way around it.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(03-20-2021, 01:21 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
Quote:Why would I have to take 16 credits from TESU to avoid the residency waiver? I have 64 RA community college credits. Please explain.

RA credits from community college (or from any other school that is not TESU) do not fulfill TESU's own residency requirement. You should either pay for residency waiver or earn 16 credits from TESU. These are two only options that TESU offers and there is no other way around it.

Provide me the link pls
In progress:
TESU or UMPI

Completed:
CSMLEARN
(03-20-2021, 01:26 PM)splirow Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 01:21 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:

Provide me the link pls

https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees

"NOTE: The Credit Hour Residency Waiver Fee applies to students who have not earned at least 16 Semester Hours from the University’s Online (OL), Guided Study (GS) or e-Pack (EP) courses towards their associate or bachelor’s degree, or to students who have not earned at least 50% of their credits for their certificate from TESU from the University’s Online (OL), Guided Study (GS) or e-Pack (EP) courses."

You can also check the catalogue wording here: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/r...quirements or contact TESU directly if you don't believe that the policy applies to you. Keep in mind that many board members have already walked this route and they either paid for 16 credits from TESU of paid for a waiver.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
So, I see that you are up for the Jedi challenge! Here is what I propose for you and how to do it: Get the double double combo! (AAS/ASNSM and BALS/BSBA) for the price of 16 Residency Credits! Residency credits are courses to be completed at the institution - not dependent on location, each and every school has their own varying residency credit requirements. Essentially you're just going for the BALS/BSBA but because of the courses you're taking, you'll get the AAS and ASNSM free en route to those two degrees.

I've attached this spreadsheet a few times but haven't added it to the Beginner's Guide, I suggest you go for a BSBA GM/BALS with either a Humanities or Social Science concentration, so you "have a specialty" in something rather than a plain BALS with no concentration, but for my plan above, it'll work best with a No Concentration BALS. This is not your plan, but an example, you can replace the courses you have completed by creating your own template or customizing the one I have already, see below:

BALS/BSBA Double Degree Template as of November 2020: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
BALS/BSBA Double Degree using 5 TECEPS as of Jan 2021: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
TESU Fees/Residency Waiver Link: https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees
Residency Waiver VS Taking Courses: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ng-Courses
16 Credits to Rid of Residency Waiver: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Waiver-Fee

If you are looking to get 16 undergraduate credits, these can be anything + cornerstone/capstone
Cost App Fee: $50
Take lesser courses here for 10-12 Credits in a 3 month term: $4639
3 credits for Liberal Arts Capstone - FREE if there is a tuition waiver
3 credits for Business Capstone 3 month: $1197
Grad Fee: $298
Total: $6184

Note: Many schools have a 75% or less - maximum number of credits you're authorized to transfer credits into, some only allow less than 50%. Most schools with have a 30 credit residency credit requirement for their Bachelors program, 15 for their Associates. For TESU, it's just 16 credits for residency. If you want to save on cash, the same with Excelsior, if you take 12 credits through them, you pay slightly more than just 7 of the minimum required at Excelsior College.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Affordable Online Masters degrees related to biology NotJoeBiden 6 458 01-24-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Advice Needed - Competency-based graduate degrees that allow acceleration priceaction 14 727 01-02-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Looking into language teaching related degrees aperantosbias 38 1,965 09-03-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: aperantosbias
  Online Proctored Degrees AS2004 6 656 05-15-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Any Degrees or Certs to look at? Insert Name 9 825 11-14-2022, 04:41 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Hypothetically, from TESU, can you get two dual major degrees? CanICode 16 1,677 10-30-2022, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Milana Lewis
  Online degrees that are learning disability friendly? joy_d 7 747 09-14-2022, 02:19 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Are TESU degrees accepted for masters programs? Amberlinjeanne 11 1,459 02-03-2022, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jsd
Bug Science Degree & 2 Degrees chattenoire 6 968 10-22-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question About Combining Degrees JeffreyKwonDo 4 999 10-20-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: rachel83az