Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will AP Credits on another school's transcripts transfer to Excelsior?
I sent my previous school's transcripts to Excelsior, and my previous school gave me credit for AP exams. Will Excelsior be able to transfer the credit over, using my previous schools transcript, or do I need to send the scores directly from the College Board? I'm trying to make a graduation deadline, and I know it takes a few weeks for the score report to get to schools.
You would need to send them in from college boards since they are the ones that gave you credit for your AP exam.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Thank you. However, does anyone who went to Excelsior, know if they will do that? I sent in a transcript from another school, and the transcript had credit from a CLEP exam on it. They posted it to my evaluation, and I didn't need to send in another report from the college board. I was just wondering if it is the same for AP exams.
I think at some point you will actually have to send all sealed transcripts to EC at some point. Most college want sealed transcripts from the school or reporting agency.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Allison is correct, get your college board request out in monday's mail. EC won't post anything that's third party.
My experience was the same. They would post credits earned at the college, but had to get transcripts for CLEP/DSST/AP, you name it. In fact, I had credits from courses I had "challenged" (tested out of) at the college the transcript came from. They had to investigate those 6 credits to make sure they were ligitimate - I'm assuming they wanted to know about the test I took and my grade on those.

Just get the order in for the transcript and be done with it. Then keep on top of Excelsior, letting them know it is on the way, etc.
Thanks all, I just ordered it.
I asked EC once about the DLPT (Defense Language Proficiency Test) as ACE recommends some large credits for the language I speak (Korean, 24 credits total). Their answer was, "We basically give whatever ACE recommends, as long as it will fit in your degree." Yup, not many electives left.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,877 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,118 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,287 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,698 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,855 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Applying to PA school ashtonnewman 18 4,066 08-12-2018, 11:17 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,832 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,178 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,939 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,616 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM