Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
William Paterson University Testing Cnter, Wayne NJ
I have taken 2 DSST exams so far here and since I am not military, I have limited options of where I can test. This site is located on a sprawling college campus in the Atrium building. It is a moderate walk from the parking lot, up a hill and up about 30 steps to enter the building. Parking is free. Once you catch your breath and make it to room 122, it is safe, air conditioned, clean, quiet, well maintained and monitored by two proctors. The computers are fast and new. The testing area is a big room with no dividers with about 20 computers for various testing. You have to lock up your bags and cell phone. No drinks or food allowed.

The biggest downside is you can only take 1 test per day and they don't have testing everyday. NO matter how fast you finish a test, they won't let you begin another one. I politely complained, but they claim they don't know if you will run into the next test session. They charge $30. The staff is on the older side, so expect to have to wait to be served if it is busy. They do try hard and mean well. 

I prefer this site over NYC, because of tolls, parking and traffic. Again, my choices are limited, but until something closer in North NJ opens, I will keep going to this site taking 1 test per visit
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
[-] The following 1 user Likes cwendy111's post:
  •
(08-12-2019, 09:41 PM)cwendy111 Wrote: I have taken 2 DSST exams so far here and since I am not military, I have limited options of where I can test. This site is located on a sprawling college campus in the Atrium building. It is a moderate walk from the parking lot, up a hill and up about 30 steps to enter the building. Parking is free. Once you catch your breath and make it to room 122, it is safe, air conditioned, clean, quiet, well maintained and monitored by two proctors. The computers are fast and new. The testing area is a big room with no dividers with about 20 computers for various testing. You have to lock up your bags and cell phone. No drinks or food allowed.

The biggest downside is you can only take 1 test per day and they don't have testing everyday. NO matter how fast you finish a test, they won't let you begin another one. I politely complained, but they claim they don't know if you will run into the next test session. They charge $30. The staff is on the older side, so expect to have to wait to be served if it is busy. They do try hard and mean well. 

I prefer this site over NYC, because of tolls, parking and traffic. Again, my choices are limited, but until something closer in North NJ opens, I will keep going to this site taking 1 test per visit

Why not something at Saylor Academy? $25 per ProctorU session is the only cost, taken at your home.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Iowa Test Center GameSlinger 0 316 08-09-2023, 06:40 PM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  University of South AL and Unversity of West FL Dorothy44 0 1,081 07-08-2021, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Dorothy44
  Trevecca Nazarene University Testing Center JabbaTheHutt 0 1,454 12-18-2019, 11:16 AM
Last Post: JabbaTheHutt
  Testing Center: FSCJ Kent Campus, Jacksonville, FL quigongene 1 1,613 07-22-2019, 08:25 AM
Last Post: sgloer