Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workload at Excelsior & TESU
Hi, y'all! I'm considering transferring from a community college to either Excelsior or TESU. Part of what draws me to these schools is that the learning is all remote and asynchronous, which I'm hoping would allow me to travel via a work exchange (25 hours or less of work per week). My question is, is the typical workload heavier at Excelsior or TESU? I figure it varies a bit, but I wanted to read the experiences of past students.

Additional context: I plan to take 9 to 13 credits per semester/trimester, depending on the term and institution. I'm likely going to major in Liberal Arts/Studies since TESU's political science requirements aren't as flexible.
If you meet degree requirements using Study.com/Coopersmith/Davar/CIS Testing, etc., then the time requirements will be pretty much identical. There's usually no real good reason to take more than the bare minimum from either school.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Excelsior and TESU are great candidates for you as you can complete 13-16 credits for residency purposes and use the max transfer, having said that, you may also want to revisit competency based degree programs as well.  The best thing to do right now is to complete the degree planning template here and provide as much information as possible, you want to answer the info in the last post addendum as well to give us the most updated info on your situation.  Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-15-2022, 12:23 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you meet degree requirements using Study.com/Coopersmith/Davar/CIS Testing, etc., then the time requirements will be pretty much identical. There's usually no real good reason to take more than the bare minimum from either school.

Thanks for the helpful response!

(06-15-2022, 12:40 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Excelsior and TESU are great candidates for you as you can complete 13-16 credits for residency purposes and use the max transfer, having said that, you may also want to revisit competency based degree programs as well.  The best thing to do right now is to complete the degree planning template here and provide as much information as possible, you want to answer the info in the last post addendum as well to give us the most updated info on your situation.  Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Thanks for imparting your knowledge!
If you're looking to take courses at an actual college, there are far better options than TESU or EC. I mean, like hundreds of options that will be better/cheaper than either school.

If you want to bring in 90 alt-credits (or however many you need) to TESU, or 113 alt-credits to EC, then either one is a great option. It really just depends on what you want to get your degree in.

For a BSL, EC is the cheaper of the 2, but requires more UL credit.

I'd probably take a look at UMPI as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Considering SNHU BSCS, TESU BSIT, or any other BS in tech over UMPI BLS MIS cvieira 24 1,258 03-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: cvieira
  TESU BA psychology - need help with degree plan amleigh 17 935 12-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses from the Big Three: COSC, TESU, & Excelsior jsh1138 25 39,535 10-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jch
Big Grin Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request suzycupcake 10 1,323 06-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,134 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Places to park electronics + computer PLA credits (BOG AAS + TESU AAS) xicovu 17 1,559 09-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: xicovu
  Excelsior VS Umpi Jennr2z 9 1,603 04-21-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  TESU BACS v.s. SNHU BSCS npvn2 25 3,970 03-20-2022, 09:44 PM
Last Post: npvn2
  Colleges like TESU which allows enrolment of one year without obligation? FrHaseKopf 9 1,259 02-12-2022, 12:55 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  CUNY BS-IS VS TESU BSBA-GM JC39 34 5,574 02-07-2022, 05:31 PM
Last Post: MrPanda