Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Question for Newbie
Hello,

I have decided to finally get my degree.. I have done ok without I,t reaching a VP position in finance. However, I am very hesitant to test the job market without a degree. I have been researching this site for the last couple of days and have decided to work towards a BSBA in GM from TESU, using as many credits by exam as possible. I have 0 existing college credits as I dropped out midway through my first semester in 1997.

I wanted to know if I need to apply to TESU before I start taking the CLEP and other exams? Or do I accumulate those credits and then apply to TESU?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Welcome to an exciting journey!

It's your choice on when you apply to TESU. I favor applying right away, but you can certainly gather credits first and do it later. The argument for doing it sooner is to lock in the catalog so that requirements don't change on you later. The argument for waiting goes that you will probably want to fill up your transcripts and pay to send them in once so why bother applying until then.

I personally found it both comforting and inspiring to send in transcripts periodically and see my credits on my official academic evaluation. Also CLEP and DSST will let you send your score to one school for free at the time you take the test, but you can't if you aren't yet a student.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:Welcome to an exciting journey!

It's your choice on when you apply to TESU. I favor applying right away, but you can certainly gather credits first and do it later. The argument for doing it sooner is to lock in the catalog so that requirements don't change on you later. The argument for waiting goes that you will probably want to fill up your transcripts and pay to send them in once so why bother applying until then.

I personally found it both comforting and inspiring to send in transcripts periodically and see my credits on my official academic evaluation. Also CLEP and DSST will let you send your score to one school for free at the time you take the test, but you can't if you aren't yet a student.

Thanks for the response. Do I need to pay for a class to be enrolled? Or can I just submit transcripts as I go and pay the residency fee at the end?
hed1979 Wrote:Thanks for the response. Do I need to pay for a class to be enrolled? Or can I just submit transcripts as I go and pay the residency fee at the end?
Yes you have to register for something to become enrolled and you need to do it once a year afterwards to maintain the enrollment. It could be the cornerstone, the capstone or a TECEP. The residency fee isn't paid until it's time to graduate.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
You do have some time to register for a TECEP, you don't have to do it immediately upon applying. So in the meantime (after applying but before you hear from them), take your time to get a plan in place, then figure out which course/exam you want to replace with a TECEP exam, then register for it and take it. You can choose a really easy one, or one that sounds interesting, or whatever you want.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,280 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore