Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft certs, TESC, and ACE
I'm in the process of getting my credits evaluated at TESC.

Has anyone sent the Microsoft certs to TESC by using the transcript sharing tool or will they only accept them from ACE?

If you used ACE, when you added them how long did they stay in the "Pending Organization Review " stage?
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

ajs1976 Wrote:Has anyone sent the Microsoft certs to TESC by using the transcript sharing tool or will they only accept them from ACE?

I contacted TESC and was told that I needed to send them through ACE. There is an older thread here were someone used instructions posted by Excelsior and called Microsoft and requested they mail them to TESC. These were a few years old and I don't know if Microsoft would still do that since they implemented the transcript sharing tool.

ajs1976 Wrote:If you used ACE, when you added them how long did they stay in the "Pending Organization Review " stage?

The whole process took a month. Most of the delay was on the ACE / Microsoft side. After 7 business days, they exams were still listed as "Pending Organization Review ". I had given it extra time because of the holiday and then contacted ACE who contacted Microsoft. They requested I wait another 3 days and when the status still did not change, I followed up with ACE who had to call the person at Microsoft. This finally worked.

I had a number of exams and certifications that I could not add to the ACE transcript because the dates fell outside of the dates that were approved by ACE. They only one that I cared about was the MCSE 2003 which I was hoping would be accepted as upper level, but was not and transferred as CIS-299.
Andy

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics

If you're looking for UL credit via Microsoft Exams, Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Administrator Windows Server 2008, ACE MLS-0001, was transcribed as CMP-399 Spec. Stud. in Selected Topics by TESC for me. Although the ACE description says the candidate must pass 4 exams, I used the upgrade path.

I was able to have 3 exams I'd taken before the ACE approval dates approved by MS.

If you're a MCSE, CMP-354 Network Technology should be an easy pass.
TESC BSBA in progress

CLEP
American Gov., Analysing and Interpreting Lit., Freshman College Comp., German, His. of US I, His. of US II, Humanities, Info Sys. & Comp. App, Intro to Bus Law, Intro to Psy., Intro to Soc., Natural Sciences, Prin. of Accounting, Prin. of Macroeconomics, Prin. of Management, Prin. of Marketing, Prin. of Microeconomics, Soc. Sci. & History, Western Civ. I, Western Civ. II

DSST
Bus. Law II, Criminal Justice, Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Fund. Of Counseling, Here's to Your Health, Human Cultural Geog., Intro. to Law Enforcement, Prin. of Supervision, Western Europe Since 1945, Advanced Principles of English Composition, Organizational Behavior, Human Resources Management

UExcel / ECE
College Writing (B), Business Ethics (B)

TECEP
Networking Technology

ALEKS
Business Statistics, College Algebra

Saylor
BUS210: Corporate Communication (70)

Davar Academy
FIN 301 Introduction to Finance (85)

Sophia
Project Management
I'm planning to take the Networking TECEP. With the renaming of the Microsoft certifications, i'm not sure if it is still possible to earn the MCITP:EA. The exams are there, but the title doesn't really exist anymore.
Andy

Current Degree Plan

Dang! I was hoping those certs would get you more credit.
MS CSIA From WGU - December 2018
B.S. Cybersecurity - COSC - August 2016
A.S. - COSC - May 2015
JTP Wrote:Dang! I was hoping those certs would get you more credit.

Software Engineering came over as UL and as long as DSST MIS, DSST Cybersecurity, and TECEP Networking are all UL, I should be good. They all should be review for me. Even Cybersecurity looks like review of the SSCP material which I just passed a few weeks ago.
Andy

Current Degree Plan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,583 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU/ACE/Microsoft Exams AwardTour 10 2,937 07-13-2018, 11:48 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,419 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,159 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  IT & Cyber Certs at TESU ajs1976a 3 1,178 01-07-2018, 12:53 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,956 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,293 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,744 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,700 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,148 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808