Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would like help getting started with TESU BSBA in General Management
Hello everyone! About a year ago I stopped working towards a degree with CollegePlus to focus on work for a time, but now I would like to get back to it - just without CollegePlus. My main goal is to get a bachelors cheaply and efficiently, so I think a BSBA in General Management through TESU would be a good idea.

Currently I have (what I believe is) 73 credits:
ACE:
- ALEKS Introduction to Satistics
- ALEKS Pre-Calculus
- CollegePlus Introduction to Worldviews, Philosophy, and Religion
- CollegePlus Social Justice from a Biblical Perspective
- SOPHIA Macroeconomics
CLEP:
- Western Civilization II
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Introductory Psychology
- Principles of Management
- College Composition
- American Government
- Introductory Sociology
- Principles of Marketing
- Analyzing and Interpreting Lit
DSST:
- Introduction to Computing
- Introduction to World Religions
- Management Information Systems
- Enviroment and Humanity
- Technical Writing
- Ethics in America
- Business Ethics and Society
- Introduction of Business

What should I expect to work or not work? And what will I need to do going forward? (Forgive me if I am going about this the wrong way.)

Thank you! Big Grin
Compare your courses with the degree plan here:Sanantone's TESU BSBA in General Management After July 1, 2015 - Degree Forum Wiki - Wikia and here: Sanantone's TESU General Education Options After July 1, 2015 - Degree Forum Wiki - Wikia, to get a an idea of how much you've gotten done so far, and what you'll need to finish.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
A couple of questions:

1) When taking your ALEKS precalculus course, did CollegePlus not tell you to do the Intermediate Algebra and College Algebra courses as well? If not, they should have. You need 3 math courses minimum for the BSBA, and those would have been easy to do. I suggest you go do those ASAP as it will be a fast easy 6cr for you.

2) Which College Comp did you take? If it was the one with essay, then you should have your English done. If it was the modular one, or the College Comp w/o the essay, then you only get 3cr of English I.

I'm including the spreadsheet I normally do for the BSBA at TESU. My only request is that you get back to me with the course equivalencies for the 2 CollegePlus courses when you transfer them to TESU.

I highlighted in yellow the free/cheap courses you should take and where they'll fit, and then the rest is easy to figure out. My only advice; if you're going to take HRM through Study.com, then you should also take Principles of Finance there as well, since the $199/mo price includes 2 courses.

Good luck!

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">nerd TESU BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 69.46 KB / Downloads: 0)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you so much for the detailed reply and spreadsheet, dfrecore! Big Grin

In regards to CollegePlus and how they planned things out, they were actually creating a plan for a TESC Computer Science degree, not General Management. The reason I made the switch was mostly because I realized I didn't like programming. Tongue That's probably why they didn't reccomend those Algerbra courses. (I'll begin working on those right away!)

I took the College Comp CLEP without the essay. I don't recall it saying if it was I or II; I think it was the one without any numbering. What will I need to take to get the additional three credits? Or should I just retake the College Comp CLEP, just with the essay this time?

Thanks again for the advise!
nerd Wrote:Thank you so much for the detailed reply and spreadsheet, dfrecore! Big Grin

In regards to CollegePlus and how they planned things out, they were actually creating a plan for a TESC Computer Science degree, not General Management. The reason I made the switch was mostly because I realized I didn't like programming. Tongue That's probably why they didn't reccomend those Algerbra courses. (I'll begin working on those right away!)

I took the College Comp CLEP without the essay. I don't recall it saying if it was I or II; I think it was the one without any numbering. What will I need to take to get the additional three credits? Or should I just retake the College Comp CLEP, just with the essay this time?

Thanks again for the advise!

The CLEP doesn't have a I or II, that's what TESU calls the courses. I think you're going to have to either take the CLEP with essay, or else just take the TECEP for English Comp II. I took it and it wasn't hard.

And, CollegePlus should STILL be having you take the easier math courses. Why wouldn't they have you pick up those 6cr if you're paying anyway? It just doesn't make sense. Any time you can get extra credits in there without having to pay extra money, they should be advising students to do it.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Update: I just heard that ALEKS will no longer count towards credit starting on 11/30. I've only recently begun work on the ALEKS Algebra, and I'm not doing so great. (Only 45% is done and accounted for.) I doubt I'll be able to make the 11/30 deadline. Is there a way I can just skip Interremediate Algebra and College Algebra altogether since I've done Satistics and Pre-Calc? Should I do it through Straighterline?

(Edit: My issue with math is that learning new concepts is difficult for me, and even when I do learn them I tend to forget what I've learned pretty quickly. Ugh.)
The latest version of the BSBA in General Management appears to only need 6 math credits- College Algebra and Statistics, to fulfill the Quantitative Literacy and Mathematics requirements.
BSBA in General Management Degree Program
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
nerd Wrote:Update: I just heard that ALEKS will no longer count towards credit starting on 11/30. I've only recently begun work on the ALEKS Algebra, and I'm not doing so great. (Only 45% is done and accounted for.) I doubt I'll be able to make the 11/30 deadline. Is there a way I can just skip Interremediate Algebra and College Algebra altogether since I've done Satistics and Pre-Calc? Should I do it through Straighterline?

(Edit: My issue with math is that learning new concepts is difficult for me, and even when I do learn them I tend to forget what I've learned pretty quickly. Ugh.)

Since you took a higher-level math course (Precalc), I think you're good with the Algebra requirement.

Good news though, ALEKS ACE-recommendation has been extended to 12/31, if you want to continue with it.
So looks like ALEKS will be losing accredidation tonight. Dfrecore, in my degree plan you put College Algebra under quantitive literacy, instead of under general electives like Intermediate Algebra. (Pre-Calc and Satistics are both under a different math section.) Can I replace both College Algebra and Intermediate Algebra with basically anything, or does the former need to be replaced with another math course from a different group because of its categorization?

Thanks again for all your help.
nerd Wrote:So looks like ALEKS will be losing accredidation tonight. Dfrecore, in my degree plan you put College Algebra under quantitive literacy, instead of under general electives like Intermediate Algebra. (Pre-Calc and Satistics are both under a different math section.) Can I replace both College Algebra and Intermediate Algebra with basically anything, or does the former need to be replaced with another math course from a different group because of its categorization?

Thanks again for all your help.

You can move the courses around - you can put Precalc or Stats as your Quant Lit requirement.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 580 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 424 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,419 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,093 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  General Thanks And Where I'm Headed Now TINASAM 3 422 10-22-2023, 01:29 PM
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 586 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
  SUU Bachelor of General Studies (Speedway) EDUxplorer 10 1,938 04-18-2023, 12:43 AM
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,080 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 477 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree choices. BA Supply chain management vs BLS with an MIS minor Schlafen 12 1,037 01-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree