Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduating without GPA from TESC
I would like to pursue post bacc or grad studies at UF. Does anyone know what sort of policies UF has in regards to this? The majority of my credits were from USF.
Mathos Wrote:I would like to pursue post bacc or grad studies at UF. Does anyone know what sort of policies UF has in regards to this? The majority of my credits were from USF.

First rule of grad school, learn to use the search button.
Sorry, but this question gets asked EVERY single week.
Specifically regarding UF? I've not seen any threads detailing the policies of UF.
You won't see many threads detailing the policies of UF, because the majority of the students here are seeking information about the "big 3", and also because the majority of Florida universities don't offer reasonable out of state tuition rates, and thus those usually attending them (on campus or online) are limited to Florida residents or those on scholarship. There is a fellow over on DegreeInfo named Randell1234 that got into a UF graduate program with an undergrad from Charter Oak State, primarily by testing out and gaining credit from industry certs, from my understanding. Might can hit him up for additional info if that is the type of info you are seeking.
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004
Mathos Wrote:Specifically regarding UF? I've not seen any threads detailing the policies of UF.

No, not specific to UF, because their college website/catalog would be the "go to" for those types of questions. Even if there were people here who attended that university, college policy can and does change from year to year, so the only source would be the horse's mouth.

There are a number of people here who have dealt with no GPA/limited graded credits and went on to apply/attend grad school (including myself).

My suggestion would be to first learn WHAT the UF policy is. *maybe share the link in your question* Next, learn how it is similar or different from other grad schools (so you can compare). At that point you can search here and read the archives. You could use advanced search feature to scan through titles of threads which should help you narrow very quickly.

I think once you find how others have overcome this common situation, you'll be able to really get the help you need. Hope that helps you get started.
Hey bro, I'm thinking of University of Florida as well for my Masters! Since I'm a Florida resident after all, also I am probably going with TESC as well! So if you find any new information let me know thanks!

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,590 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,419 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,161 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,958 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,298 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,744 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,701 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,151 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 6,780 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby
  TESC BA Psychology lovewins 5 1,944 07-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77