Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yeah I failed thanks instantcert!
cookderosa Wrote:Please pity my broken finger, this took me over a half hour to type and my spell checker is broken, so if you find a type o just ignore it
That's devotion. Big Grin

Indeed, that's another thing I've noticed on this forum. There are a lot of great people here. There's practically none of the internet immaturely rife on other forums. The IC forum is, in point of fact, a great forum.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
Ruddigore Wrote:That's devotion. Big Grin

Indeed, that's another thing I've noticed on this forum. There are a lot of great people here. There's practically none of the internet immaturely rife on other forums. The IC forum is, in point of fact, a great forum.

Amen for that! LOL hilarious

Here is a joke to make everything better....for now.

10 Husbands, Still a Virgin

A lawyer married a woman who had previously divorced ten husbands.
On their wedding night, she told her new husband, "Please be gentle, I'm still a virgin."

"What?" said the puzzled groom.

"How can that be if you've been married ten times?"

"Well, Husband #1 was a sales representative: he kept telling me how great it was going to be.

Husband #2 was in software services: he was never really sure how it was supposed to function, but he said he'd look into it and get back to me.

Husband #3 was from field services: he said everything checked out diagnostically but he just couldn't get the system up.

Husband #4 was in telemarketing: even though he knew he had the order, he didn't know when he would be able to deliver.

Husband #5 was an engineer: he understood the basic process but wanted three years to research, implement, and design a new state-of-the-art method.

Husband #6 was from finance and administration: he thought he knew how, but he wasn't sure whether it was his job or not.

Husband #7 was in marketing: although he had a nice product, he was never sure how to position it.

Husband #8 was a psychologist: all he ever did was talk about it.

Husband #9 was a gynecologist: all he did was look at it.

Husband #10 was a stamp collector: all he ever did was... God! I miss him! But now that I've married you, I'm really excited!"

"Good," said the new husband, "but, why?"

"You're a lawyer. This time I know I'm gonna get screwed!"
Big Grin **Never forget where you came from**Cool

7-1
American Goverment 44 (F)
Human Resource Management 49(P)
[COLOR="Blue"]Introduction To Business 412 (P)
Introductory Sociology 52(P)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Lime"]Principles of Management 64 (P)
Principles of Marketing 53 (P)[COLOR="black"]
Principles of Supervision 55 (P)
Intro to Comp 51 (P)[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Here is a joke to make everything better....for now.

hilarious hilarious hilarious Thank You I needed that!! My husband is an engineer so Husband #5 got a real giggle out of me.

Now back to study for my mid term tomorrow wish me luck:eek:
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
You Welcome :p

Good luck!!!!!!!!
Big Grin **Never forget where you came from**Cool

7-1
American Goverment 44 (F)
Human Resource Management 49(P)
[COLOR="Blue"]Introduction To Business 412 (P)
Introductory Sociology 52(P)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Lime"]Principles of Management 64 (P)
Principles of Marketing 53 (P)[COLOR="black"]
Principles of Supervision 55 (P)
Intro to Comp 51 (P)[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Husband #10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMBAO! :roflol:
Passed:

DSSTs
Here's to Your Health-LL 3, Lifespan Dev.-LL 3,Principles of Public Speaking-LL 3

CLEPs
College Comp Modular-LL 3 01-Jul-10, Freshman Comp-LL 6, College Math-LL 6, Humanities-LL 6, Information Systems & Computer Applications-LL 3

Human Resource Mgmt A.A. (CCAF):patriot:
General Studies B.S. AMU (Currently working on)banghead
I as well question instantcert however, I realize that it's just a piece of the pie not the whole pie. I question those who use it and nothing else and pass. Those who supplement it with another source or two seem more legit to me. I do not think Instantcert is enough to pass any CLEP with a high score. Keep in mind that the CLEP tests also come in different varieties. Some are easy and others just the opposite. A good example is American Gov! A few versions exist of this exam with one version having a pass rate in the 20 percent range while another has far simpler questions that align more with Instantcert and the pass rate for this version of the test is about 80 percent. That is a HUGE difference!
spaceycowboy Wrote:I as well question instantcert however, I realize that it's just a piece of the pie not the whole pie. I question those who use it and nothing else and pass. Those who supplement it with another source or two seem more legit to me. I do not think Instantcert is enough to pass any CLEP with a high score. Keep in mind that the CLEP tests also come in different varieties. Some are easy and others just the opposite. A good example is American Gov! A few versions exist of this exam with one version having a pass rate in the 20 percent range while another has far simpler questions that align more with Instantcert and the pass rate for this version of the test is about 80 percent. That is a HUGE difference!

What's questionable? Some people are better at test taking than others. Some people are more comfortable with the IC format than others. Some people already have a general interest or background in the subject. The Biology CLEP is not easy, but I got a relatively high score after just using InstantCert. I only used IC for a lot of my business exams (or maybe all of them), and I got pretty high scores on them. But, then again, I think most of the business exams are easy. If you've worked for a long time, and especially if you have supervised or managed people, then much of what's on the business tests is common sense. Intro to Computing is easy for anyone who has used a computer for several years, but this is a DSST. I don't know if you're only referring to CLEPs, but I also received a high score on the Environment and Humanity DSST only using IC. However, I have a passing interest in things like biology and healthcare.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
spaceycowboy Wrote:I as well question instantcert however, I realize that it's just a piece of the pie not the whole pie. I question those who use it and nothing else and pass. Those who supplement it with another source or two seem more legit to me. I do not think Instantcert is enough to pass any CLEP with a high score. Keep in mind that the CLEP tests also come in different varieties. Some are easy and others just the opposite. A good example is American Gov! A few versions exist of this exam with one version having a pass rate in the 20 percent range while another has far simpler questions that align more with Instantcert and the pass rate for this version of the test is about 80 percent. That is a HUGE difference!

Not specifically to spaceycowboy, but I had a few thoughts...which are still as true as when I wrote them 6 YEARS AGO in this very thread.....

1. Think back to high school. Did everyone in your class earn the same grade or take away the same education? They all were in the same class using the same text....so why not the same education? Because there are other elements at play that determine how successful a person is. I won't list them, but there must be about a thousand.

2. I agree that there is some underestimating of the level of difficulty. There is always a post or two where someone passes a test after only a few hours of study. I think it's important to note that this is an exception and not the rule. Each of us brings a background making about a thousand variables that determine how hard a test will be and how long we must study. Those of us who took many tests (about 1/2 my degree) will tell you that you should always study just a bit more than you think is necessary before plunking down your time and $.

3. Lastly, IC is flash cards and a forum. The forum is free. Not everyone finds the flash cards useful, but this is the best CLEP forum on the net PERIOD. I have spent years talking here and other places about this subject, and HERE is the place. Talk to people here and follow threads about the test you are preparing for. You'll likely find valuable information that way. There is a specific exam feedback forum here that will help you target the exact topics that are appearing in the test back too. If you are not into the flash cards, save your $20 and gather exam resources in another way. You are still welcome to hang here and use the forums!

4. Ok, that wasn't my last thing I have observed a handful of people over the years who seem to think that they are buying the actual CLEP test questions. We need to better point out that these flashcards represent the type of questions and subjects one can expect to encounter. NO ONE HERE HAS THE TEST QUESTIONS. Additionally, the test questions are random from a pool of questions, everyone's test may be a little different as far as subject. Spending time in the Specific Exam Feedback section will help see the direction of recent test questions.
As with any facet of life "different strokes for different folks". I used IC for all but my 1st 2 test, it is not all I used for most of them, but some of them I had lots of prior knowledge. Some people here can study 1-2 hours and pass a CLEP or DSST, I would never dream of doing that. I passed all my exams with room to spare, but I always studied more than was required. I was over 50 years old when I started this process so I had lots of varied life experience. If you are just out of high school you may be able to pass the math or history exam with little study I would need LOTS of study to go back and learn that again. So remember don't judge others on just your experience, and especially on this forum don't tell us what works and does't work. Between the most involved current and past members of this forum we have hundreds of passed exams under our belts.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
ShotoJuku Wrote:[COLOR="Navy"]It's easy to become bitter, or even mad and angry over failing an exam but in the longrun, and in this case, you just cannot redirect all of your bitterness towards one particular study source.....unless that's all you used and that would have been a huge mistake.

Yes, IC does provide an incredible singular source of information, however IC is just a single source and when preparing for an exam it is foolish to put all of your "study eggs" in one basket.

In the end it is incredibly important to note that IC works, but IC should not stand alone as a single study resource.[/COLOR]

This was true in 2009 and now 6 years later.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NFL Preseason starts 8/5/21 Yeah Boi! GizmoJack 0 435 07-25-2021, 02:03 PM
Last Post: GizmoJack
  Excelsior Graduate earns Master's degree. Oh yeah, she's 14 MNomadic 7 1,667 06-17-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  I've lost access to the "Specific Exam Feedback - InstantCert Subscribers ONLY" group Nerdymcnerdface 9 3,645 09-27-2019, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Zham
  Instantcert mobile app??? mlwilliamsiv 1 1,764 02-19-2018, 07:14 PM
Last Post: zapproximator
  Traditional Education failed me...as well as famed creator Thomas Edison TESUAbroad 0 992 01-26-2017, 01:53 AM
Last Post: TESUAbroad
  Question concerning ALEKS, Instantcert Shenny 4 1,599 11-21-2016, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Shenny
  Delete InstantCert Posts Clarebugg 9 2,528 10-13-2016, 07:38 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  InstantCert Ranks Clarebugg 4 1,545 10-06-2016, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr
  I Appreciate you Instantcert TESUAbroad 3 1,372 09-15-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  Home failed inspection.. miserably burbuja0512 21 2,993 02-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Last Post: merolpn