Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes! Principles of Finance will transfer in as BUS 325
I thought this deserved it's own thread!

Jessica confirmed after speaking with the transfer officer,  that they will indeed transfer Sophia's Principles of Finance as BUS 325

"We will take it from Sophia! I apologize for the confusion! "
[-] The following 6 users Like CCCC's post:
  • clj626, kylan11, neutrino, path_seeker, Pikachu, rachel83az
(02-07-2022, 03:00 PM)CCCC Wrote: I thought this deserved it's own thread!

Jessica confirmed after speaking with the transfer officer,  that they will indeed transfer Sophia's Principles of Finance as BUS 325

"We will take it from Sophia!  I apologize for the confusion! "
Good news! There apparently has been alot of confusion going on about this course. It is nice to have this course confirmed. And thanks for posting the update.
That is super good news -- especially as I'm just about to complete the Sophia course. 

Is there any way you could ask Jessica to check on the other two questionable items: 

Communication at Work transferring as COM 210

And SDC's Intro to Meteorology counting for Gen Ed Req 3: Learning Objectives E?

I'm still in the process of applying so....

Thanks in advance.
(02-07-2022, 08:06 PM)booklovingirl Wrote: That is super good news -- especially as I'm just about to complete the Sophia course. 

Is there any way you could ask Jessica to check on the other two questionable items: 

Communication at Work transferring as COM 210

And SDC's Intro to Meteorology counting for Gen Ed Req 3: Learning Objectives E?

I'm still in the process of applying so....

Thanks in advance.

I will ask - 

Just a heads up, I am a Business Major w/concentration in Mgmt and Leadership and my Communications at Work transferred in as a general elective.

Thank god. This puts an end to my sleepless nights. I already have 17 courses to take at UMPI, and this list goes on adding new ones each passing day. Thank you for taking time to do this for us. You are so helpful, unlike some people who adds nothing but discouraging posts on this forum.
[-] The following 3 users Like path_seeker's post:
  • acethroughcollege, neutrino, schristian10
(02-08-2022, 01:09 AM)path_seeker Wrote:

Thank god. This puts an end to my sleepless nights. I already have 17 courses to take at UMPI, and this list goes on adding new ones each passing day. Thank you for taking time to do this for us. You are so helpful, unlike some people who adds nothing but discouraging posts on this forum.
I think the most important thing is to be truthful about the information conveyed. And if someone is unsure about some piece of information, they should be honest about it.
I get what you are saying however. There are a few users on this site who systematically take a very negative stance when it comes to study regulations and rules. And if you choose to challenge any of their assertions, you can be sure to get a lecture on how ignorant you are. I do not think this is a very productive approach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JannikT's post:
  • path_seeker
I may need to email Jessica. They took it as a bus elective for my wife.
DBA Organization Leadership - South - Expected April 2024
BA Political Science and History - UMPI - 2022
MS Cybersecurity & Information Assurance - WGU - 2021
BS Computer Science - Park U - 2018
MBA Public Administration - CSU - 2016
BS Management - Park U - 2010
AAS Communications Technology - CCAF - 2008

CEH/CHFI/SEC+/NET+/Proj+/CISSP
(03-10-2022, 03:05 AM)kidneysmasher Wrote: I may need to email Jessica. They took it as a bus elective for my wife.
Updated information - IT WILL NOT TRANSFER AS BUSINESS 325 AS OF 2022.  I spoke with Jessica personally and she stated that it was an error for them to transfer principles of finance as business 325. So those who was able to get that transferred in as business 325 in the past will keep it as such and others will be adjusted accordingly for the future.

I have the supporting emails to prove this information but I will call the register office today personally to get clarification apparently the register office have conflicting information what's being given to the your pace department.
[-] The following 2 users Like jb0433's post:
  • Pikachu, ss20ts
(03-10-2022, 06:54 AM)jb0433 Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 03:05 AM)kidneysmasher Wrote: I may need to email Jessica. They took it as a bus elective for my wife.
Updated information - IT WILL NOT TRANSFER AS BUSINESS 325 AS OF 2022.  I spoke with Jessica personally and she stated that it was an error for them to transfer principles of finance as business 325. So those who was able to get that transferred in as business 325 in the past will keep it as such and others will be adjusted accordingly for the future.

I have the supporting emails to prove this information but I will call the register office today personally to get clarification apparently the register office have conflicting information what's being given to the your pace department.
 UPDATED INFORMATION!!!!!!!! 

AS OF FEBRUARY 10, 2022 IT WILL NOT TRANSFER IN AS BUSINESS 325. I spoke to the register office DIRECTLY VIA DIRECTOR OF STUDENT RECORDS.
[-] The following 2 users Like jb0433's post:
  • Pikachu, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I know which of my classes will transfer? mt_1994 3 109 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bus 150 - Sophia didn't transfer layermonkey 5 304 04-19-2024, 03:17 PM
  Full list of sophia courses that will transfer? And any Major recs? hexclep 1 252 04-07-2024, 06:10 PM
  Transfer and see what transfers, BEFORE starting the degree? ecdw94 8 547 03-24-2024, 01:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  HELP! SDC to UMPI transfer jrock87 3 277 03-16-2024, 12:14 AM
Last Post: jrock87
  Can I transfer credits after applying? annanotherone 8 545 02-22-2024, 11:39 AM
  Transfer credit help needed - UMPI for BA in Accounting Sarajane 15 1,846 02-06-2024, 07:12 PM
  Does CLEP College Composition MODULAR transfer? octoco 2 346 01-11-2024, 10:25 PM
  Official Transfer Course Equivalencies Holmes 11 5,816 01-03-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  How long is it taking for Jessica to reach out after Transfer Credit Report completed octoco 7 662 12-19-2023, 09:17 PM