Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Helped Make it Possible!
Ok, so when I arrived here 4.5 years ago I had just been laid off from my job because of no degree. In that time I have obtained multiple degrees thanks to the wonderful supportive sharing community here. I was able to secure another teaching job within 9 months of being laid off at one school in a much better position. I went from Con Ed at the old school to teaching in curriculum programs at the new school and being promoted to program coordinator.

Well, I've been offered a new job as a Director of Health Information Management at my local hospital and I have accepted. While I love teaching, I'm commuting 45 minutes each way along dark country roads, not fun or very safe in bad weather at night. With State budgets what they are, we haven't had raises in 5 years and are facing huge budget cuts. The new job will have me overseeing a staff of 20 and reporting directly to the CFO. It is a large increase in pay and the best part is, it is only a 5 minute drive from my home to the parking lot.

While the new job will be a great deal of work and responsibility I'm looking forward to the challenge and excitement from something new. All of this wouldn't have been possible without the motivation and support of the great group of friends I have made here over the last 4.5 years. I just want to thank you all - you know who you are!!!! When the chips were down and I had no self-esteem left you helped convince me I could do this and now all the hard work is paying off with a great job I never would have looked for, let alone been qualified for 4 years ago. For those of you just starting this journey the time flys and before you know you too will be done. Just keep working hard and when you lose your drive come here for some pick-me up. This place is better than any Starbucks drink any day!!! I just wanted to say thank you again for all you have done and know that I share this victory with you!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Awesome news, congratulations!

Edited to add, you've given a lot more than you've taken from this forum!
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Congrats!!! So happy for you! Smile
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
Congratulations! What an encouraging story to share!
[COLOR="#000080"]The one who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but the one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood. John 7:18
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#000080"][COLOR="#0033ff"]The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. (Chinese proverb)
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Currently working on Associate of Science in Business

[COLOR="#660000"]CLEP tests[/COLOR]
American Government - 67
History of the United States I - 72
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature - 73
Introductory Psychology - 72
Human Growth and Development - 62
College Algebra - 73
College Composition - 62
Principles of Macroeconomics - 72
Principles of Microeconomics - 73
Principles of Marketing - 72
Principles of Management - 72

DSST tests
Environment and Humanity - 69
Principles of Public Speaking - 71/PASS on speech
Principles of Supervision - 450
Intro to Business - 436
Intro to Computing - 471
Wow wow and WOW!!!!! I'm just speechless!!!! You really are the poster child showing HOW to maximize resources, and turn them into fantastic and lucrative rewards. I'm so very proud of you, I know you'll do amazing in your NEW JOB!!! WHOOO HOOOO!!! You are totally and completely a big wig now Smile
Marianne202,

Yours is truly an inspiring story. You've been so helpful to all of us, that I can only envy those you will be supervising. They'll be getting a smart and supportive boss. Not only am I happy for you that you're earning more money, but it sounds like your quality of life has improved immensely. (Commuting is, as far as I'm concerned, a BIG quality of life issue.)

In the world we live in, it's important to understand that no job is forever and to prepare ourselves for future opportunities. You've certainly taken that bull by the horns.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
Congratulations Director !
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Marianne, I'm so happy for you! That is such an inspiration to see the hard work paying off, and you've worked so hard! You deserve it. Thank you for sharing and for posting encouragement to others as you worked towards this goal. If it were not for some kind words for you, I would've sunk into frustration myself about midway through my efforts to reach my Bachelors when health kicked my backside and it got difficult to juggle everything, and again when I struggled to find my core requirements, you pointed me to the ECE that finished my "to do" list. And now, I'm looking at graduate schools. Two years ago, there is no way I would've considered being in a position to do such a thing. Even as you worked yourself, YOU helped make it all possible for a lot of us behind you, so thank YOU!
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
Yes! Wow! Incredible! Congratulations! You have been a success at each step of the journey! Best wishes on your new adventure!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
OUTSTANDING!!!!

Another prime example of the "new" math: InstantCert + Student Drive = Massive Success!!

Way To Go!!
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What career move would you make? FAANG Contract or steady work mohelena02 21 2,152 02-08-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb How to make screen time useful for kids? drArret8 2 461 01-03-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: gulshan212
  Dua Lipa Sued for Ripping Large Parts of a Song Used to Make the Song ‘Levitating' LevelUP 2 909 03-06-2022, 04:20 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  “Can I Make An Entire College Degree Out Of CLEP Credits?” jmeitrem 9 2,602 02-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  San Francisco Will Be First in Nation to Make City College Free jsd 20 3,637 02-08-2017, 06:40 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Some people really make the big time from College. I know this guy from CC: Christopher 0 925 01-09-2015, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Christopher
  COSC and TESC make top 50 list burbuja0512 2 1,287 04-17-2014, 10:08 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Make as much as a CPA with no college degree! sanantone 4 1,150 12-28-2013, 09:42 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  My degree helped!! I have a job interview. Lindagerr 26 2,773 09-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr