Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You can now take CLEP at home!
Thumbs Up 
I'm so excited about this!!!

https://clep.collegeboard.org/at-home-cl...am-at-home

CLEP now offers test takers the option to take a CLEP exam at home with remote proctoring. Below is more information about at-home testing.

About At-Home CLEP Exams
Each CLEP exam taken at home has the same timing, content, format, and on-screen experience as the test you would take at a CLEP test center. Your at-home appointment will be monitored by a human proctor online through Proctortrack, CLEP’s remote proctoring partner.

Remote Proctoring with Proctortrack by Verificient
To support those taking CLEP exams at home, CLEP is working with Proctortrack, a company offering secure online remote proctoring solutions that verify the identity of online test takers.

Remote proctoring allows students to take CLEP exams online while a human proctor monitors them via video. To participate in remote proctoring, you must have a computer (PC only, no Macs), webcam, speaker, microphone, a white board or one sheet of paper in a transparent sheet protector and a dry erase marker for note taking, and a quiet, secure testing environment.
[-] The following 5 users Like carebear_007's post:
  • AwardTour, harrypotter, jch, nomaduser, rbat2021
I wonder if ModernStates vouchers can be used for this?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • jch, nomaduser
Oh Snap! That is just not going to go too well, ProctorTrack is the company with the huge data breach from last year... I would have asked for RPNow instead. I wonder why it has to be a "real time" proctor, wouldn't a recording and a review of that recording an option? If they had other options to select from, that would be much better... some can even pay a premium too, say an extra $5-$15 for proctor examinations. Link: https://www.consumerreports.org/digital-...a-at-risk/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-23-2021, 05:57 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I wonder if ModernStates vouchers can be used for this?

I found this info on their website: https://clep.collegeboard.org/at-home-cl...egistering

"In addition to the CLEP exam fee, you'll be charged $30 for remote proctoring.

• If you have a voucher code, your exam fee will be covered, but you'll need to pay the remote proctoring fee with a credit card."
So it looks like the ModernStates vouchers should cover the CLEP exam fee but not the $30 remote proctoring fee.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rbat2021's post:
  • nomaduser
(04-23-2021, 06:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh Snap! That is just not going to go too well, ProctorTrack is the company with the huge data breach from last year... I would have asked for RPNow instead.  I wonder why it has to be a "real time" proctor, wouldn't a recording and a review of that recording an option?  If they had other options to select from, that would be much better... some can even pay a premium too, say an extra $5-$15 for proctor examinations.   Link: https://www.consumerreports.org/digital-...a-at-risk/
Yikes to the breach and everything else you just mentioned. I’ll probably do CLEP at the tail end of my plan to see if I even still need anymore course credits. By “real time proctor” does that mean live? I wonder if it can still be scheduled at anytime?
(04-23-2021, 06:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh Snap! That is just not going to go too well, ProctorTrack is the company with the huge data breach from last year... I would have asked for RPNow instead. I wonder why it has to be a "real time" proctor, wouldn't a recording and a review of that recording an option? If they had other options to select from, that would be much better... some can even pay a premium too, say an extra $5-$15 for proctor examinations. Link: https://www.consumerreports.org/digital-...a-at-risk/

That's no good! Yeah, I would much rather have RPNow than a live proctor. Even without the data breach.

(04-23-2021, 06:04 PM)rbat2021 Wrote: I found this info on their website: https://clep.collegeboard.org/at-home-cl...egistering

• If you have a voucher code, your exam fee will be covered, but you'll need to pay the remote proctoring fee with a credit card."
So it looks like the ModernStates vouchers should cover the CLEP exam fee but not the $30 remote proctoring fee.

You've always had to pay the proctoring fee out of pocket and then get reimbursed by ModernStates afterward. Even so, $30 isn't a bad price to pay for an exam. It's only slightly more than Saylor.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • jch
(04-23-2021, 06:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh Snap! That is just not going to go too well, ProctorTrack is the company with the huge data breach from last year... I would have asked for RPNow instead.  I wonder why it has to be a "real time" proctor, wouldn't a recording and a review of that recording an option?  If they had other options to select from, that would be much better... some can even pay a premium too, say an extra $5-$15 for proctor examinations.   Link: https://www.consumerreports.org/digital-...a-at-risk/

Wow this is terrible. I'm surprised there isn't a class action suit against this company. Every student's ID, video and any other personal information was leaked.

(04-23-2021, 06:11 PM)rachel83az Wrote:

That's no good! Yeah, I would much rather have RPNow than a live proctor. Even without the data breach.

(04-23-2021, 06:04 PM)rbat2021 Wrote: I found this info on their website: https://clep.collegeboard.org/at-home-cl...egistering

You've always had to pay the proctoring fee out of pocket and then get reimbursed by ModernStates afterward. Even so, $30 isn't a bad price to pay for an exam. It's only slightly more than Saylor.

Nice. That's good to know. By the way, any insight into how difficult exams are via CLEP in comparison to Saylor and others?

You could always make a hard drive partition, install windows, nothing else.   Then use the partition for proctoring. 

Don't give them your real email or phone number.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Dorothy44
Hmmm just came back from a super quick CLEP overview and I saw some of their exams can be passed with a score of 50?!?! What? So I can literally get an F and on these exams and still get credit for them? Every other third credit course provider I've seen elsewhere seems to require a minimum of 70% overall grade including all coursework. I wonder if WGU will accept CLEP credits even if I barely pass with a 50 on these exams.
(04-23-2021, 07:11 PM)rbat2021 Wrote: Hmmm just came back from a super quick CLEP overview and I saw some of their exams can be passed with a score of 50?!?! What? So I can literally get an F and on these exams and still get credit for them? Every other third credit course provider I've seen elsewhere seems to require a minimum of 70% overall grade including all coursework. I wonder if WGU will accept CLEP credits even if I barely pass with a 50 on these exams.

https://clep.collegeboard.org/college-cr...university

Keep in mind that not every CLEP exam will apply to every WGU degree. CLEP is mostly gen ed credit and WGU degrees don't have many gen eds.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • rbat2021

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLEP Scores Change from 20 years to 10 natshar 7 239 Yesterday, 03:35 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
  CLEP transcript question NOX 3 116 04-17-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can CLEP, SDC, Sophia be considered Education Credit Expenses? bruh 1 127 04-13-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  CLEP Economics marinereef 3 272 04-05-2024, 01:46 PM
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 211 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 533 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 899 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 573 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 734 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 467 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill