Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YouTube's Dr. Stumme + UMPI = Stumpy?
Sorry, I couldn't resist. Oddly, despite Dr. Stumme authoring the course, I don't think he ever says the name "YourPace" or attempts to differentiate YP from the other modalities at UMPI. Even so, this seems like a nice overview of the process for completing a YourPace course:

Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • clj626
He's not on Strut which is the current learning platform. He's showing the course on Brightspace which is coming in the future. The launch has been delayed. I wouldn't be surprised if the YourPace name goes away someday. It's funny hearing someone calling U M P I instead of umpee.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
(09-10-2022, 06:12 PM)ss20ts Wrote: He's not on Strut which is the current learning platform. He's showing the course on Brightspace which is coming in the future. The launch has been delayed. I wouldn't be surprised if the YourPace name goes away someday. It's funny hearing someone calling U M P I instead of umpee.

Thank you for the insight. I guess this is part of the process of developing new courses for Brightspace?
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
(09-10-2022, 06:29 PM)origamishuttle Wrote: Thank you for the insight. I guess this is part of the process of developing new courses for Brightspace?

Based on the comments on the video, he has a version of the class in Strut. UMPI was supposed to move to Brightspace for the fall semester, but it was pushed back. Interesting that they went with someone who calls their program a hack...not everyone thinks of that word in a positive manner.
  • origamishuttle
(09-07-2022, 06:10 PM)origamishuttle Wrote: Sorry, I couldn't resist. Oddly, despite Dr. Stumme authoring the course, I don't think he ever says the name "YourPace" or attempts to differentiate YP from the other modalities at UMPI. Even so, this seems like a nice overview of the process for completing a YourPace course:

thank you for listing this here.  I just began an UMPI Your Pace course with Dr. Stumme.  so far, it's been laid out very well, with suggestions for the learning notes and the milestone questions be directly related in a linear fashion to the final assessment.  (BUS 469 Strategic Professional Communication) .

...the assessment looks like a monster, though, so glad to have started the process early in the course to break it into sections to get the draft going.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr T's post:
  • origamishuttle
(11-26-2022, 12:38 AM)Mr T Wrote:
(09-07-2022, 06:10 PM)origamishuttle Wrote: Sorry, I couldn't resist. Oddly, despite Dr. Stumme authoring the course, I don't think he ever says the name "YourPace" or attempts to differentiate YP from the other modalities at UMPI. Even so, this seems like a nice overview of the process for completing a YourPace course:

thank you for listing this here.  I just began an UMPI Your Pace course with Dr. Stumme.  so far, it's been laid out very well, with suggestions for the learning notes and the milestone questions be directly related in a linear fashion to the final assessment.  (BUS 469 Strategic Professional Communication) .

...the assessment looks like a monster, though, so glad to have started the process early in the course to break it into sections to get the draft going.
I've seen some feedback on the YourPace discord that his finals are the most involved assessments of them all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • origamishuttle
Thanks for the reminder about Discord
Is Professor Kim Jones not teaching BUS469 anymore? I had her and had to create an employee handbook for the Final Assessment.
(11-26-2022, 02:31 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Is Professor Kim Jones not teaching BUS469 anymore? I had her and had to create an employee handbook for the Final Assessment.

i just began BUS 469; the Professor is Dr. Stumme. The assessment is creating an Interpersonal Communication Handbook for an organization.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr T's post:
  • origamishuttle
(11-26-2022, 02:49 PM)Mr T Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 02:31 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Is Professor Kim Jones not teaching BUS469 anymore? I had her and had to create an employee handbook for the Final Assessment.

i just began BUS 469; the Professor is Dr. Stumme. The assessment is creating an Interpersonal Communication Handbook for an organization.

I had to go look up the Final Assessment instructions from when I took it. It was called an Interpersonal Communication Handbook also. It's really an employee handbook on communicating different things. When I took it, some of the handbook was written in the Milestones. It wasn't a bad project at all. It was much easier and faster than I expected. I was kind of dreading it because the name of it sounded awful. LOL It sounded long and boring, but it wasn't. I don't know what it's like with this professor.
  • origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 157 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 147 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 46 4,330 03-25-2024, 08:54 PM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 209 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM
  Sophia's Human biology and lab did not meet UMPi's BIO 105 HappyPeanut 9 842 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lifted567
  UMPI BLS Minor Business theea 5 261 03-20-2024, 02:41 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 95 56,400 03-20-2024, 03:37 AM
Last Post: theea
  HELP! SDC to UMPI transfer jrock87 3 198 03-16-2024, 12:14 AM
Last Post: jrock87
  UL Courses Outside of UMPI - Fast CCCollege 7 934 03-11-2024, 10:46 AM
  AI in UMPI him22 16 1,251 03-09-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Ares