Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion
Hello, has anyone completed 4/5 electives in one session with yourPace? Which are the electives/gened courses that I can complete the quickest?

Edit: I’m almost done my program and 5 courses left to meet the residency requirement. I can do any 5 courses, preferably easy bird courses which I can do fairly quick
I think "fastest" really depends on prior knowledge. And the degree you are seeking. For ashkir, the business courses were fast and easy to complete because of prior business experience. If you're planning on attending UMPI, the very quickest option would be to use Sophia.org for (most of) your gen eds and electives (skip English Comp I & II), get American Government from InstantCert, maybe Biology (with lab) from Study.com and possibly Spanish from either InstantCert or SDC. Finish everything else at UMPI.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
Depends on prior knowledge to be honest. I did all at Sophia.org so I needed 0 electives at UMPI.

My fastest course was probably BUS 489
Actually I was wondering the same thing because If you do the BLS Your Pace option I think they require 8 Upper level courses along with the minor you choose. I am doing Sophia courses for lower level electives but would like to know If any students at UMPI can recommend which Upper level electives are generally faster or easier to complete there at UMPI.
(04-14-2021, 02:52 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I think "fastest" really depends on prior knowledge. And the degree you are seeking. For ashkir, the business courses were fast and easy to complete because of prior business experience. If you're planning on attending UMPI, the very quickest option would be to use Sophia.org for (most of) your gen eds and electives (skip English Comp I & II), get American Government from InstantCert, maybe Biology (with lab) from Study.com and possibly Spanish from either InstantCert or SDC. Finish everything else at UMPI.
Thanks for the reply. I’m almost done my program and 5 courses left to meet the residency requirement. I can do any 5 courses, hoping to find easy bird courses which I can do fairly quick.
POS 101 is a cakewalk, it's a personal opinion class.

Also you can add a second minor. is there another minor you "kind of like"?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Pikachu
(04-14-2021, 05:52 PM)ashkir Wrote: POS 101 is a cakewalk, it's a personal opinion class.

I love it!

POS 101: How to have a personal opinion that no one cares about!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • ashkir, Lady_Gumshoe
MAT140 is easy too if you can get algebra well or have the mathaway app. even though I transferred in Calc they still made me take it. It's just algebra.

BUS 125 is just how to use word, and spreadsheets.

BUS 321: Human Resource Management is a multiple choice exam that's on the easier side.

Do you feel comfortable with basic French or Spanish? French I or Spanish I are easy and the professor is really nice. She's super involved and dedicated.

DO NOT TAKE HUM 103, or the Computer IT classes, they have really long finals.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Pikachu
Hiya, I was just informed I need a total of 8 upper electives as well as my 7 remaining courses to complete my degree. This is quite the shock as I was under the impression I only had 14 courses to complete in total with UMPI but it now seems it'll be closer to 22. Any recommendations on what upper electives to pick to get them done efficiently?
Wait a second, my math might be out of sync but that doesn't seem as far fetched as you think. I'm not sure how you reached 22 required courses... as the 8 UL plus the 7 remaining would be 15, and that is really what your first impression of 14 courses are. Unless you have completed a few of the courses from UMPI already, I don't know how you reached the 22 number.

How many courses did you transfer over to UMPI and which degree are we looking at? They allow up to 90 credits into your degree program, the remaining 30 must be from them, so if you can find courses to transfer in before you start, then you'll know which remaining 10 can or must be done through them.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Leedeedee

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 2 28 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 311 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
  Is 14 courses in 2 terms possible for psychology major? mattbau43 6 232 04-12-2024, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Full list of sophia courses that will transfer? And any Major recs? hexclep 1 216 04-07-2024, 06:10 PM
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 724 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,562 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 307 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  UL Courses Outside of UMPI - Fast CCCollege 7 1,062 03-11-2024, 10:46 AM
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 374 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 333 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM