Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion
(04-21-2021, 11:48 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wait a second, my math might be out of sync but that doesn't seem as far fetched as you think.  I'm not sure how you reached 22 required courses... as the 8 UL plus the 7 remaining would be 15, and that is really what your first impression of 14 courses are.  Unless you have completed a few of the courses from UMPI already, I don't know how you reached the 22 number.  

How many courses did you transfer over to UMPI and which degree are we looking at?  They allow up to 90 credits into your degree program, the remaining 30 must be from them, so if you can find courses to transfer in before you start, then you'll know which remaining 10 can or must be done through them.
I've already completed almost 7 courses so far. It seems to be misunderstanding on my part, I did post my transcripts in the forum and was given an estimate of 14 courses, I.e 42 credits left to complete by members of the forum. But it seems I was mistaken. I transfered in the majority of the courses offered by Sophia. I'll hopefully be able to work through the remainder during the next session.
Oh weird, I thought it would be that they would give you an evaluation that's non-official, and then you can work towards other courses first (transfer up to the 90 credits), then enrol with them when you want to (similar to WGU). In the case of WGU, they won't allow you to transfer any more courses if you have started enrollment.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
UMPI is very different than WGU and how it works! There is no unofficial eval. You get your evaluation and then you're apparently enrolled immediately. If you want to transfer in additional courses, you need to get permission. It doesn't seem to be that difficult to get permission but I guess you need a good reason.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-21-2021, 11:16 AM)portia8 Wrote: Hiya, I was just informed I need a total of 8 upper electives as well as my 7 remaining courses to complete my degree. This is quite the shock as I was under the impression I only had 14 courses to complete in total with UMPI but it now seems it'll be closer to 22. Any recommendations on what upper electives to pick to get them done efficiently?
You should have received a degree audit that shows your degree program, what is completed, and what is outstanding. You can also find this info in Mainestreet>>My Academics>>Academic Requirements. Are you getting your info about the number of classes remaining from one of those sources?

Oh, if you are not yet enrolled, you will be able to see your requirements in those places once you are enrolled.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes freeloader's post:
  • ashkir
(04-21-2021, 02:37 PM)freeloader Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 11:16 AM)portia8 Wrote: Hiya, I was just informed I need a total of 8 upper electives as well as my 7 remaining courses to complete my degree. This is quite the shock as I was under the impression I only had 14 courses to complete in total with UMPI but it now seems it'll be closer to 22. Any recommendations on what upper electives to pick to get them done efficiently?
You should have received a degree audit that shows your degree program, what is completed, and what is outstanding. You can also find this info in Mainestreet>>My Academics>>Academic Requirements. Are you getting your info about the number of classes remaining from one of those sources?

Oh, if you are not yet enrolled, you will be able to see your requirements in those places once you are enrolled.

I agree with freeloader go to mainestreet and show us any requirements you're missing.

I Think because you're doing Liberal Arts you have a ton of elective credits to do, but Sophia.org targets a lot of gEC, which doesn't always apply to electives.

Also check your Transfer report to see if anything you transferred didn't make it to your degree audit. Mainestreet > My academics > Transfers
I posted all of audits on the UMPI & Sophia thread back in Feb. My audit said I had completed 78/120 credits, leaving a remaining 42 to complete or 14 courses. Today when I was discussing my degree progression with Jessica I was instead informed I still have 8 electives to complete additionally, this is directly from Jessica. I've already completed almost 7 courses with UMPI, I had hoped to be finished in 2 sessions but it seems that will not be the case thanks to that tiresome BIo requirement.
(04-15-2021, 12:19 AM)ashkir Wrote: MAT140 is easy too if you can get algebra well or have the mathaway app. even though I transferred in Calc they still made me take it. It's just algebra.

BUS 125 is just how to use word, and spreadsheets.

BUS 321: Human Resource Management is a multiple choice exam that's on the easier side.

Do you feel comfortable with basic French or Spanish? French I or Spanish I are easy and the professor is really nice. She's super involved and dedicated.

DO NOT TAKE HUM 103, or the Computer IT classes, they have really long finals.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What could be taken instead of Hum 103, anything outside of umpi
If HUM 103 is required, take it. If you don't have to do it, skip it. I found no equivelent.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 168 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UL Courses Outside of UMPI - Fast CCCollege 7 943 03-11-2024, 10:46 AM
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 341 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 295 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 10 1,227 02-18-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Fastest UMPI YourPace degree with these credits RachelSG 4 876 01-24-2024, 05:11 PM
  Need help picking a degree for YourPace. SLHos 5 525 01-18-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI YourPace Catalog Summer 2023 grogers14 20 6,589 01-17-2024, 06:01 PM
  UMPI Courses Question lala25 6 1,141 01-03-2024, 08:37 PM
  Has anyone taken non-degree courses at UMPI as a pathway to get entry into UMPI? FM1 13 886 12-18-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: FM1