Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
after the degree?
Someone asked me today what I was going to do with my free time after I get my degree.

That floored me when I realized I've been working so hard on the degree for so long that I rarely do anything that isn't study related (unless it's keeping my boys from destroying the household).....

so, while I'm thinking about my answer - I'll pass the question along. What are you going to do with your free time when you're done with your degree?
Smile Cleps:
Introduction Business Law 65
Principles of Management 70
Principles of Marketing 71
A&I Literature 68
American Lit 59
Educational Psychology 68
Social sciences & history 65
Western Civilization I 64

What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Play video games Rolleyes
Jesse
BA, Thomas Edison State College
MS, Grand Canyon University
Can honestly say I don't know... right now I'm 7 years into my "back to school" journey and am about to start grad school. After that may take a year off just to soak in what I've accomplished, then either start a D.S. or M.B.A. or just say effit, I'm done. Big Grin
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004
Well, I've been doing my degree on top of a very demanding job, and while balancing a wife and four kids at home. So, my experience after the degree will be slightly less chaos than normal. <smile>
B.S. Liberal Studies Excelsior College
graduated Cum Laude
321 total SH of college credit
currently finishing B.S. in Mathematics at UTRGV en route to Masters in Mathematics
current goal: Pass 4 of the actuarial science exams and become an actuary
Retired Intelligence Officer (21 years, 6 combat tours to Iraq and Afghanistan)
I'll have another baby lol Wink and keep plugging away at a Master's degree. After that, I'll just raise my kids and try to spend as much time with my husband as I can.
I'm done!
B.A. English, TESC, completed December 2008

Tests passed: A/I Lit-73, Mgmt-71, Amer Lit-73, Tech Writing-64, Criminal Justice-56, Here's to Your Health-65, Law Enforcement-60
I joke about that all of the time "what did I do with all my time before I went back to school?". I want to work on an MBA but the first 2 ECE I took I got C's and that hurt my GPA. I have 4 test left to pull it back up some and then maye onto the GMAT.My wife has been working on pre reqs for nursing school and should be entering the actual nursing program next fall so I will be doing more around the house I am sure.

Doug
I've been working on several degrees at the same time I think I might become a little lost when this leg is done. I will be getting my Master degree going right away and trying to get caught up on sleep. Smile
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
I am myself considering that... :confused: Either to just stay focused and keep on with an MBA right away? Or rest for at least 6 months meanwhile I figure out which Master degree I really want? I also have enough credits to complete a second degree in another area of study with just getting the credits for the major, so maybe I will make use of the credits that did not apply to my current degree and get a second one.

As to the MBA, I definitely want to find a weekend or one day a week option, I think networking while getting your MBA is a good opportunity for developing your career.

On the other hand, in my opinion, it is important to try and make learning a lifestyle. It is ironic, I am 32, and even when I have not graduated yet, I have been studying (with pauses in between no longer than a year) for all my life!!!!! I have felt like just get done with this and forget about more studying!!! But I always felt such a burden to graduate that I guess I will feel kind of empty when I am done so I will maybe need to continue pursuing something else! Not necessary so actively as for getting a BS, but definitely keep up development and little by little, reach the next level.

So, these are my options:

1. Complete the credits for a major and get a second degree (economics calls my attention, wil research more options with a "satisficing" approach).
2. Start an MBA right away (if starting right away my options would have to be online)
3. Take 6 months off, rest and research better about a hybrid MBA

:eek:Tomorrow is my LAST test!!!!
------------------------------------
Excelsior BS - Business, Cum Laude

120/120 Credits
(106 traditional credits, 63 transferred)

Month, Subject, credits, grade:
May, Intro to World Religions, 3, 66
June, MIS, 3, 51
July, Drug and Alcohol Abuse, 3, 60
July, Fundamentals of Counseling, 3, 55
July, Intro to Business Law, 3, 56
Aug, Business Law II, 3, 60
Sept, Intro Psychology, 3, 71
Oct, ECE Business Ethics, 3, B
Nov., ECE Organizational Behavior, 3, A
Courses:
PF, English Composition, 3, 88 (Jul-Sept.)
EC: Bus. Strategy, 3, A (Jul.-Oct.)
PF: Principles of Finance, 3, 95 (Oct-Nov.)
-----------------------------
NEXT/PENDING (my goal is to finish by Nov. 2008)

NONE! Mission completed! Big Grin

Total Undergraduate SH = 162
Well, I'm pretty sure I'll keep taking classes until I go back to work full time.

(that's a LONGGG time from now- my youngest is 4 and I homeschool, so I'm looking at a minimum of at least 10 years from now)

For sure I'd like to finish a masters, and it would be awesome to get onto a PhD, but I might run out of steam before then (or brain space!)hilarious
There's no such thing as free time. I would love to know what that is.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abide University Honorary Doctors Degree bjcheung77 0 582 07-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEFL opportunities without a degree Personherebb9 3 513 06-11-2023, 03:09 AM
  for those who have a math degree - is your job math related ? bluebooger 0 539 03-22-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How has getting a degree from the Big Three (and others) changed your career or life? schristian10 3 947 01-21-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: williammosher
  Dr. Amy Cuddy 8 years for 1 degree ashkir 3 969 07-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Degree Forgery Alpha 8 1,618 04-28-2021, 05:16 PM
  History of Degree "Hacking" collegehacked 8 2,770 07-13-2020, 09:48 AM
Last Post: collegehacked
  Excelsior Graduate earns Master's degree. Oh yeah, she's 14 MNomadic 7 1,671 06-17-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  For Sale: Southeastern US Bachelor Degree Granting College bjcheung77 6 2,002 06-04-2020, 10:03 AM
Last Post: lillingworth
  How has your degree improved your life? kevinmane 21 6,472 03-12-2020, 04:27 AM
Last Post: Zo_ey