Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any edu-obsessed looking for a project?
I just read this today: America's Top Colleges 2013 - Forbes and wanted to zero in on the highest ranked school with the best CLEP/AP policy. With two of my children's birthdays this week, I've got no time...but I still am dying to know. I'd love to pose the challenge to anyone on the board who is up to the task. Find the school, link their policy, and I'll send you my book. Okay, that's not a great incentive, but look at it as an opportunity to cure your summertime blues. Cool Now, since some of you are exceptionally OCD (that's a complement) you should know that I can't open excel spreadsheets. LOL But there should be some kind of structure for everyone to compare.
ABC school = no CBE accepted
DEF school = 12 cr. accepted
GHI school = AP only, 12 cr. max.
etc.
I think it's easier to start with the public institutions. I could be wrong, but I think that public colleges are more open to CBEs and transfer credits in general than private non-profits.

I'll start with an easy one for me. University of Texas - Austin gives credit for CLEP, AP, IB, and SAT Subject Tests. They will give credit for CBEs that are listed on another school's transcript as long as it meets certain conditions. UT Austin even has several of its own challenge exams.
Common Transfer Credit Issues - Credit by Exam
Search for Exams by Type » Center for Teaching and Learning

They will give you at least 24 credit hours for the IB diploma. Do you know what's funny? I'm pretty sure they don't give credit for ALEKS courses, but they use them as math and chemistry placement exams.
Plan II Honors Program

They say that students have earned up to 27 credits for languages previously taken in high school.

I cannot find their limit on CBEs. I'm wondering if they treat them just like transfer credits. UT Austin has a 60 credit residency requirement. 24 of the last 30 credits of your degree have to be earned in residence.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
My youngest son goes to UC Davis and I can report that none of the University of California schools accept any CLEP or DSST exams. However, they do grant credit for AP and IB.
The University of Florida accepts up to 45 CLEP credits, and the passing score is just 50.Considering its rank(74th),that is the most generous I have seen.I challenge anyone to find a higher ranked school with a more generous CLEP policy.I have researched many other colleges,but none give credit for so many exams with just a score of 50.UF also counts CLEPs for many core requirements and Majors,not just as electives.(UF also gives 4 credits each for Macro-economics & Micro-economics).
https://catalog.ufl.edu/ugrad/current/ad...-info.aspx

(I forgot to post this link in the above post)
So we have a school ranked 76th with a CLEP policy accepting 45. That's pretty darn good. Can anyone find a higher ranked school with an equal or greater CLEP /AP policy?
NYU#56, 32-64 CLEP
George Washington#77, 64 CLEP
Boston University#85, 64 CLEP
Penn State#93, 60 CLEP
Purdue #106, 32 CLEP

Some others:
Ashford 75 CLEP
Arizona State 60 CLEP

CoYC - Top 10 Money-Saving Universities | CollegePlus
MBA - Western Governors 2019
BSBA - TESC 2014

CLEP/DSST:  Principles of Management 69 | Human Resource Management 64 | Introduction to Computing 466 | Principles of Marketing 67 | Organizational Behavior 61 | Management Information Systems 466 | Principles of Supervision 437 | Introduction to Business 434 | Business Ethics and Society 431 | Introductory Business Law 56 | Macroeconomics 54 | American Government 59 | Money & Banking 52 | English Composition

Straighterline:  Accounting I (89%) | Accounting II (75%) | Financial Accounting (82.5%) | Managerial Accounting (86.7%) | Business Communications (84%) | Microeconomics (87%) | Religions of the World (88.5%) | Organizational Behavior (93%)

Penn Foster: Finance (89%) | Strategic Business Management (97%)

ALEKS:  College Algebra (78%)
I don't have time to add up the number of credits all the exams would add up to, but did want to add that UMass UWW program accepts up to 75 xfer credits which can be made up of CLEP, DSST, AP and SAT ll exams. Not sure about the other test programs, but they accept most of the CLEP exams with the exception of foreign language and (I think) a couple of the lower math exams.
koenigtv Wrote:NYU#56, 32-64 CLEP
George Washington#77, 64 CLEP
Boston University#85, 64 CLEP
Penn State#93, 60 CLEP
Purdue #106, 32 CLEP

Some others:
Ashford 75 CLEP
Arizona State 60 CLEP

CoYC - Top 10 Money-Saving Universities | CollegePlus

Lonightv - NYU is the leader if you can verify that. Do you have a link?
http://www.scps.nyu.edu/export/sites/scp...nation.pdf

Here is one link to the CLEP policy.Please note that this is the school of continuing studies of NYU, NOT the regular NYU school that's rated #56.It's sort of like equating Harvard Extension to Harvard-it's not the same at all.
Also,the scores required are much higher than just a 50,and they do not count toward some general education requirements.
Also,for AP exams at University of Florida,credit is usually given for a score of 3.How many other top 100 colleges give credit for a 3 on an AP exam or a 50 on a CLEP? The bottom line is that if you squeeked by with low scores on CLEPs or APs,UF will give you credit.If anyone knows other top-ranked schools that accept low scores,please let us know.Another issue is how the credit is applied.For example,if CLEPs are only accepted as free electives,how useful is that,even if they accept 64 credits?
https://catalog.ufl.edu/ugrad/current/ad...-info.aspx

By the way,which top-ranked schools accept DSST exams?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Management book bundle rachel83az 2 632 01-22-2022, 05:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Project Management MBA books rachel83az 1 777 01-13-2021, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Flelm
  Free Project Management online resources MNomadic 1 944 04-08-2020, 11:46 AM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Suggestions for Project/Deadline-Oriented Work kalishakti 3 1,412 03-09-2018, 05:51 PM
Last Post: amilitab4k9
  Best Way To Get Into Project Management Regards 9 2,687 02-10-2018, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Thorne
  Obsessed with Finding College Credit? sanantone 36 3,594 08-03-2013, 04:54 AM
Last Post: anonymouse
  MBA (Finance, Business Mgt or Project Mgt) - Most Affordable Online Programs ahmobalic 3 1,570 10-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Basket Weaver
  Project Management Anyone? journey 5 1,927 05-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Last Post: journey