Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
breaking down...
rossatkinson Wrote:When you have low moments I think it comes down to just reigniting your goals and vision. The past will impair your future if you let it take over your thoughts. I find that the most encouraging moments happen when I just come out and say that I can't handle it and just "give it to Jesus". He just wants to keep our reliance upon him and not our own flesh.

Just my little 2 cents.

Amen. :iagree:
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
studyhard - I take an hour walk everyday to get home from school. I love it. It's the only time I can be myself and have deep thoughts Smile
I don't get enough sleep because of all my college work. I start school at 9:30 a.m and finish late at night (and if I'm lucky I finish in the afternoon) and then I need to come home and study for my CLEP.

rossatkinson - :iagree:

A special thanks to HorseManiac and tybouff who always make enough time to talk to me and be my support system Smile
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
studyhard Wrote:For what it's worth, I generally feel most emotionally "fragile" when I A) haven't been eating right or B) haven't been getting enough sleep.

This might sound lame, but I'd try to get in bed by 10:00 a few nights and sleep at least 8-10 hours. I'd also cut out all refined or heavy starch foods (white bread, potatoes, pasta), caffeine, and sugar (soft drinks, desserts, Starbucks, sugary cereals/muffins, fruit) for a couple of days and stick to whole grains, vegetables (especially green ones), and protein (meat, nuts, etc). Protein in particular is a "brain food." Some extra-healthy eating for a few days might give your body a chance to take a breath and regroup, which in turn gives your emotional state a significant boost.

BTW, working out has nothing to do with weight. Big Grin Exercise is a huge stress reliever. You don't have to go down to the gym, but I would try to go on at least a 30-minute walk every day.

Also, try not let your mind dwell on the negative. The more you think about past painful memories or about how stressed/frustrated you are, the worse it will get. Deliberately choose to put your mind on other things. Turn on some pretty music and think about how much you love your cat or something. *pets my kitty who is purring on my lap*

Hang in there! You'll make it! We're all pulling for you!
This is GOLD. Definitely worth quoting in my message just so you can all read it again. Big Grin

A year ago, I started working out *because* I was underweight, so no sweat! (No pun intended.) Just eat right, rest, and read. Poetry, the Bible, novels, comics, whatever. Granted, this isn't everyone prescription for relaxation, but I'm assuming that most everyone on this forum is alright with it. Wink

Sent a prayer in your direction. Hang in there.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
Sorry to hear about your dad. I know it is difficult, especially at such a young age. Keep your head up, he knows of you hard work and I'm sure very proud.

As for life, we all go through those days every now and then. In fact, I have had many of those days lately that I feel I am hitting a brick wall. All the class work, working full time, and studying for exams has kept me stressed out a lot lately. What I find to alleviate some of the stress is working out for at least 45 minutes (cardio) even when I have little time, then I read at least 30 minutes of a good book before bed to switch gears in my mind to unwind. If you are worried about losing weight from work outs, drink a protein drink directly after your work out.

Good luck with all of your endeavors.
I hate to say it but a cold beer is always good for what ales ya, pun intended Smile
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Sounds like you have a right to be overwhelmed with your current high school/college schedule. Morning thru late night? Why?????? Maybe your mood directly relates to your taxing schedule. Can't the biology clep be pushed back for awhile? Try studying for the other clep (hopefully, a subject that you enjoy) and then come back to the biology in a month or two.

Pushing yourself too hard at any age isn't good. I did this two years ago and ended up with two strokes and a heart attack. Of course, I'm an old woman, but I believe you have too much on your plate from what your describing. Talk this over with a loved one (or your best friend) and see what they think.

Best of luck and I'm praying for you also.
A.S. General Transfer Chattanooga State 2009
B.S.L.A. Thomas Edison State College June 7, 2013
33 CLEP
18 DSST
Thank again everyone...I really appreciate it Smile
frankiebleyes Wrote:Sounds like you have a right to be overwhelmed with your current high school/college schedule. Morning thru late night? Why?????? Maybe your mood directly relates to your taxing schedule. Can't the biology clep be pushed back for awhile? Try studying for the other clep (hopefully, a subject that you enjoy) and then come back to the biology in a month or two.

Pushing yourself too hard at any age isn't good. I did this two years ago and ended up with two strokes and a heart attack. Of course, I'm an old woman, but I believe you have too much on your plate from what your describing. Talk this over with a loved one (or your best friend) and see what they think.

Best of luck and I'm praying for you also.
The only CLEPs left are bio and intro to psych and I'm graduating in August because I have other classes besides my CLEP so I don't think there's a way to push it off...
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are we breaking our word when we post reviews of our exams? Levi 7 1,341 10-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Ruddigore