Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
computer science degree for an affordable price
Hello everybody,

I am a 27 year old foreigner who wants to obtain an accredited online degree in the United States. My main area of interest is Computer Science. I have about 10k to spend. Is it possible? what are the best credit-providing websites to subscribe to?
You should be able to do tesu. With Sophia , sdc. , instant cert , and tel learning , and asu earned admissions for about $10 grand.
Hey 兄弟, you wouldn't happen to be related to Xi Ming Ze would you?  Where are you from and do you have any college/university credits from where you are?  What other languages do you know?  Do you have tuition assistance or reimbursement?  10K is a good budget/fund - Computer Science is a great option to select from TESU, I would double major that with Math too.  I highly recommend starting off by taking courses with Sophia.org - Most of them if you can.

When you're starting your journey, it'll be a little confusing as you start off, so, I'll make it more simple!
1) Purchase a second monitor for multi tasking, this allows you to have the exams on 1 and the course material on the second. I use a laptop and have a second monitor just for this!

2) Sign up for Sophia.org and complete as many courses as you can, it's $79/month, 2 courses at a time, unlimited courses per month. Some people finish 90 credits in 3-4 months, shoot for 5 as per my example earlier.  Sophia.org - $79/month, 5 months = $395 USD

When you're done with these two steps, you'll have 90+ credits, you'll need RA or Foreign credits.  Update this thread...
Link 1: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...rning,_LLC  Link 2: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680
(08-06-2021, 09:46 PM)bjcheung77 Yeah, she\s actually my daughter. How did ya know?I am from Brazil. I ain't got no credits I could use, unfortunately. I know english to a pretty advanced degree, and I dabble in some spanish. I don't really know what tuition assistance or reimbursement means...Thank you for this very detailed reply. Does TESU still accept credits from sophia.org? The reason I ask is because I don't see TESU listed on their website anymore. Wrote: Hey 兄弟, you wouldn't happen to be related to Xi Ming Ze would you?  Where are you from and do you have any college/university credits from where you are?  What other languages do you know?  Do you have tuition assistance or reimbursement?  10K is a good budget/fund - Computer Science is a great option to select from TESU, I would double major that with Math too.  I highly recommend starting off by taking courses with Sophia.org - Most of them if you can.

When you're starting your journey, it'll be a little confusing as you start off, so, I'll make it more simple!
1) Purchase a second monitor for multi tasking, this allows you to have the exams on 1 and the course material on the second. I use a laptop and have a second monitor just for this!

2) Sign up for Sophia.org and complete as many courses as you can, it's $79/month, 2 courses at a time, unlimited courses per month. Some people finish 90 credits in 3-4 months, shoot for 5 as per my example earlier.  Sophia.org - $79/month, 5 months = $395 USD

When you're done with these two steps, you'll have 90+ credits, you'll need RA or Foreign credits.  Update this thread...
Link 1: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...rning,_LLC  Link 2: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
Sophia doesn't list TESU on their website because they're no longer active partners (whatever that means) but TESU does accept Sophia credits! You can use https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap and also https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan to help you with your planning. If you are very careful, everything should come in at right around $10k.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ROYISAGIRL
(08-07-2021, 09:10 AM)LevelUP Wrote: POST REMOVED
The heck
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 2 users Like ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • CatsDomino, gams007
Darn, I was going to have you help me to get into Harvard! Oh well, I'll have to settle for Harvard Extension School... You know 3 languages - Portuguese (Brazilian), English, and Spanish! That's great! Hmm, have you thought what would be the easiest way to get those Foreign credits for evaluation? I forgot to ask you, about a decade ago when you were in High School, was your high school International? Did you partake in the IB program?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I wouldn't say I know spanish... but I can certainly communicate with a spanish-speaking person, because our languages are so similar... My high-school was not international and I did not partake in that IB program, what don't even know what it is. xD
From what I understand, I need to get those credits through those credit-providing institutions and then, after I'm all done with that, I would try to enroll in my target university program, at which point I would try to get those credits transferred. Is that how it works?
I have a long-term plan to live in the U.S. because my country is going to sh*t. And so I though, having an accredited degree would make life a little bit easier in terms of finding employment and such.
I'm looking for institutions that would accept foreigners without too many barriers.

(08-07-2021, 01:53 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Sophia doesn't list TESU on their website because they're no longer active partners (whatever that means) but TESU does accept Sophia credits! You can use https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap and also https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan to help you with your planning. If you are very careful, everything should come in at right around $10k.

I noticed that generic plan doesn't have a lot of stuff from Sophia.org. I was told once that if wanted to follow this route into TESU, I would have to go through pretty much all of the courses on Sophia.org.
The generic plan does have plenty of Sophia courses but it allows you to pick which ones to use and which ones to avoid in favor of RA credit. For instance, the English Comp TECEPs are generally quicker and easier than the Sophia courses.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-08-2021, 12:58 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The generic plan does have plenty of Sophia courses but it allows you to pick which ones to use and which ones to avoid in favor of RA credit. For instance, the English Comp TECEPs are generally quicker and easier than the Sophia courses.

Ok, I understand. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my questions.
Anyway, I'm going to start taking these courses. I just wanted ask one more thing, which is: When do I apply to TESU? only after I've finished the courses? Also: What are their criteria for accepting or not accepting students? I'm a foreigner, I did high school in Brazil. Do my grades have to be a certain level or something? I've got a certificate that attests I'm proficient in English, but that's about all.
I'm kinda scared to do all this work and in the end not be accepted into TESU.

If this information is already in other threads, I apologize in advance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 607 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 499 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 524 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 340 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 400 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 376 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 438 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 340 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 298 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 659 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger