Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coopersmith statistics course
Question 
Hi everyone,

I'm new on here.

I have done a few coopersmith courses and found them a bit hard to navigate. I'm trying to study for statistics, it's very difficult. Does anyone know what the exam is like? What materials do they provide you with? (do they give you the z table etc)

The study materials are unclear.

Do you have to calculate, are there any writing questions (not math)

etc

Thanks!
(04-24-2020, 06:51 AM)Amyf Wrote: Hi everyone,

I'm new on here.

I have done a few coopersmith courses and found them a bit hard to navigate. I'm trying to study for statistics, it's very difficult. Does anyone know what the exam is like? What materials do they provide you with? (do they give you the z table etc)

etc

Thanks!

Hey, Amy! Welcome! May I ask if you have to take the Stats course thru Coopersmith for a particular reason? I took it through Sophia.org, which is free right now, and enjoyed it immensely and learned a lot along the way as well. 

HTH!

Smile
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
[-] The following 2 users Like CarpeDiem8's post:
  • alab21, ldmoose
(04-24-2020, 10:52 AM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 06:51 AM)Amyf Wrote: Hi everyone,

I'm new on here.

etc

Thanks!

Hey, Amy! Welcome! May I ask if you have to take the Stats course thru Coopersmith for a particular reason? I took it through Sophia.org, which is free right now, and enjoyed it immensely and learned a lot along the way as well. 

HTH!

Smile
I need it to be upper level. Is Sophia. Org upper level? I've never used them, how did you find the experience? Thanks for replying!
(04-24-2020, 10:54 AM)Amyf Wrote: I need it to be upper level. Is Sophia. Org upper level? I've never used them, how did you find the experience? Thanks for replying!

Ah, I see! That is a good enough reason, then. No, it would transfer in LL from Sophia.org. Sad

Sophia.org is my favorite platform, I've done most of my GE credits through them. I highly recommend them, especially since everything is free until the end of July.

As far as the exam, perhaps supplementing with other providers could help prepare you since the material is lacking? You could use the Sophia.org course and just not complete it (use the videos and quizzes) or perhaps something like Khan Academy would help?

HTH!

Smile
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
Did you double check the coopersmith course comes in as Upper Level to the school of your choice? I'm pretty sure that the coopersmith course despite saying UL doesn't transfer as UL to TESU. I saw it on a thread.
Just because ACE/NCCRS says that a course is UL doesn't mean that all schools will take it that way (and far less schools accept NCCRS credit than ACE). So you should find that out first. But, if your school will bring it in as UL, you might find studying for it with a LL course (like Sophia) or non-credit like Against All Odds (https://www.learner.org/series/against-a...tatistics/) or Khan Academy would be more helpful.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts
(04-24-2020, 07:21 PM)natshar Wrote: Did you double check the coopersmith course comes in as Upper Level to the school of your choice? I'm pretty sure that the coopersmith course despite saying UL doesn't transfer as UL to TESU. I saw it on a thread.

I just found out that although my school preferred upper level, it didnt have to be, and i've started on sophia! it's going well so far. thank you for your helpSmile
[-] The following 4 users Like Amyf's post:
  • BrianFallon, rachel83az, ss20ts, tifferbugz
I found aleks very helpful for learning statistics and it’s free right now. It’s calculation intensive.
(04-28-2020, 01:40 AM)anewmanx Wrote: I found aleks very helpful for learning statistics and it’s free right now. It’s calculation intensive.

It doesn't look like the free offer is for credit, only for "homeschooling" purposes? (Maybe I'm missing something?) I still signed up anyway because it'll let me practice my rusty, rusty math skills for free. 

If you can get credit, it looks like you can only get credit for 3? Algebra + PreCalc or Trig and one Stats. That's a bit of a shame. I would hope that business or behavioral stats goes more in-depth than an intro.
(04-28-2020, 08:45 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 01:40 AM)anewmanx Wrote: I found aleks very helpful for learning statistics and it’s free right now. It’s calculation intensive.

It doesn't look like the free offer is for credit, only for "homeschooling" purposes? (Maybe I'm missing something?) I still signed up anyway because it'll let me practice my rusty, rusty math skills for free. 

If you can get credit, it looks like you can only get credit for 3? Algebra + PreCalc or Trig and one Stats. That's a bit of a shame. I would hope that business or behavioral stats goes more in-depth than an intro.

I did their introduction to statistics and it was very thorough. When time came for the ace knowledge check i passed in the first try. Aleks really does prepare you well. Afterward I did business stats at straighterline and it did cover a bit more material, but the overlap was like 80% so I see why there is no double dipping through aleks alone. Aleks proved very helpful for college algebra as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes anewmanx's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,359 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,903 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 565 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Positive Psychology TwinMom 2 429 10-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Coopersmith proctoring rachel83az 23 3,991 08-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: shaas
  What are Coopersmith courses like? lonelySamurai 0 563 05-16-2023, 05:26 AM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  SL Business Statistics - is the final open-book? AW84 5 622 02-21-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Coopersmith Music Education eminor7 7 1,028 02-09-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Graduate-Level Courses sanantone 4 1,253 01-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Coopersmith New Courses ROYISAGIRL 15 3,242 01-01-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: dfrecore