Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"easy" graduate courses in education
I understand that the "easy" in title will probably prompt some boiler plate comments, so please allow me to explain my situation.

I am teaching at a local community college and already have a Masters degree. I need some graduate hours in the field of Education (preferably Early Childhood) for the promotion purposes.
I have an extremely heavy workload (administrative and teaching) and not interested in "learning" (at least not via taking graduate courses - what I need to learn, I learn on my own). This is
only for the formal purpose of gaining graduate credit hours for the 3 promotions that will (hopefully) happen over the next 10 years or so.

So the requirements are the following:
  • regionally accredited institution
  • field (early childhood) education
  • light workload
  • credit easily translatable into standard credit hours (need 12 hrs per promotion, 36 total)
  • will probably be taking only 1 course per semester (3 credit hrs)
  • getting an actual degree at the end desirable but not mandatory
  • obviously preferring lower cost, but cost is not the primary concern
  • for in-state/out of state purposes, in-state is TX

Will appreciate any advice you could give me.
VESi and PBS Teacherline. You transcribe the credits through one of their partner colleges. Some are cheaper than others. Morningside is a popular school for this. I think you can also do this through Advancementcourses.com. Learner.org has a partnership with Colorado State University.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:VESi and PBS Teacherline. You transcribe the credits through one of their partner colleges. Some are cheaper than others. Morningside is a popular school for this. I think you can also do this through Advancementcourses.com. Learner.org has a partnership with Colorado State University.

Thank you very much for the information.

Is there any particular reason to go through the affiliate site(s) rather than directly through the college(s)?

Also most of these seem to be K-12 teacher oriented (I can probably get away with some of these); are you aware of similar sites for college level faculty?

Once again, thank you very much !
It's cheaper to take the courses through the affiliates. The colleges and universities are giving you a deal because they don't have to contribute many resources to educate you. All they do is grade any additional assignments they require that aren't included in the course. If you want a cheap degree related to education, then look at Walden's competency-based MS in Early Childhood Studies. It costs $1,500 per three-month term. I don't know if they have a limit on the number of credits you can complete per term. If you start by March 7th, they'll give you a $1,000 grant.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:It's cheaper to take the courses through the affiliates. The colleges and universities are giving you a deal because they don't have to contribute many resources to educate you. All they do is grade any additional assignments they require that aren't included in the course. If you want a cheap degree related to education, then look at Walden's competency-based MS in Early Childhood Studies. It costs $1,500 per three-month term. I don't know if they have a limit on the number of credits you can complete per term. If you start by March 7th, they'll give you a $1,000 grant.

Thank you very much!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 25,214 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 15,994 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,112 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 1,039 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,704 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  MIT University just released free online courses. KSoul 0 484 02-14-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,800 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 686 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,664 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Country Preview : Graduate/Doctorate Degrees in Malaysia bjcheung77 11 2,454 01-13-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77