Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
emailing ACE transcript to Excelsior -- no can do
is it surprising to anyone else that Excelsior will not accept an email transcript from ACE ?

the ACE transcript service (link here)
https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main

has the option of emailing or snail mailing the transcript to the specified destination.

I contacted Excelsior just now and they said they cannot accept electronic transcripts.

So now ACE has to print out a transcript, put it in an envelope, pay for postage and send it off to Excelsior.

And instead of Excelsior receiving it today they won't get it till next week at the earliest.

To me, that is so backwards.

It's freaking 2015.

Get with the program Excelsior.

But I guess that's what should I expect from a school with a web site like Excelsior's.

It has the be the worst designed web site I've seen in years.

Again, it's 2015 Excelsior.

Learn a little about technology

/rant
Not surprising.

However, my state school don't accept email transcripts from ACE either.

I do agree though that Excelsior really needs to get to together with the new technologies.

There actually in the process of updating their website, they actually uploaded it the other night, and removed it. I was amazed no-one caught it on here. The new my.excelsior looked really amazing, along with the new homepage.
Grad cert., Applied Behavior Analysis, Ball State University
M.S., in Applied Psychology, Lynn Univeristy
B.S., in Psychology, Excelsior College
A.A., Florida State College at Jacksonville
I'm not surprised at all. Schools need to see that it is authentic. It actually seems reasonable.

I didn't find Excelsior's website any more weird or difficult than 100 other college's websites.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Excelsior's website is difficult to navigate for people who are new to it. Searching for common things is not intuitive. For the longest time, they didn't even post specific degree requirements on the corresponding degree pages. You had to dig through the catalog. It was also difficult to find the test equivalency document. It used to be in this little "documents" link at the bottom of the webpage. Actually, I think it still is. How are people supposed to know that "Download Documents" at the very bottom of the webpage is the place to find catalogs? When you want to look at Uexcel exam subjects, you have to click on "Credit by Exam," "Let's Get Started" and "Choose Your Exam." Those are not intuitive or efficient navigation options.

It is easy to determine if an electronic transcript is authentic. I've had an electronic transcript sent to myself. There are security measures.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
and the fact that it's being emailed directly from ACE isn't authentic enough for them ?

"I didn't find Excelsior's website any more weird or difficult than 100 other college's websites"

I guess I just expect better online service from an online school

I can go here now and try to see what courses are being offered during the summer

do I click on that tab that says
MY Home
or the one that says
My Details
or the one that says
Register

this should be so freaking simple yet they make it so confusing

let's try
My Home

it has a section called
My Online Courses, Practice Exams & Learning Aids

maybe that's it

yes, that must be it
it even has a sub section named
Click here to Drop, Add/Drop and Withdraw from Courses

click, click, click

nope

ok, how about
My Details

let's see
change your password, change your contact information, pay your bill, see financial aid

no
that's not it

how about the tab named
Register

ok, it has a subsection named
Course Registration

maybe that's it

nope, not it

where is the freaking course listing ? ! ? !

ok, let's start over

found it !

under the tab
My Details
scroll down below
Submit your Financial Aid Study Plan

and I finally find
Course Search

yes, that's right
below
Submit your Financial Aid Study Plan

it should not be that difficult !
it should be prominently displayed

make a tab that says
List of Upcoming Courses

make it easy for people to find a course

did they get any feedback from any of their marketing / sales people ?
"hey, we want people to pay for our courses, so let's make it difficult for them to find them"

from a user standpoint I think it's a horrible web site

and they lock everyone of of their pdfs
so you can't copy from them

I really like their "customer service"
they've always been prompt answering any questions

but I hate their website
I would love to see a degree planner integrated into many of these college websites. It would be great to pick and choose options for credit for each of the requirements. The database is there, it just needs an interface.
My local Community College will not accept JST Military transcripts by email.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,754 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,118 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ACE Transcript to TESU zzzz24 10 3,454 08-31-2018, 07:22 PM
Last Post: zzzz24
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,094 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? Kelly Green 8 2,334 08-29-2018, 12:02 AM
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,109 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU BALS, is the emphasis written on the transcript? posabsolute 21 5,077 08-07-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: badooble
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,833 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,178 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,943 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning