Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
essay prompt "Childhood is a time for studying and playing, not working.
essay prompt
"Childhood is a time for studying and playing, not working. Parents should not force their children to do chores."

Parents should assign simple chores to their children to discipline them. Childhood is a time to learn, explore, and understand the human living style. Most of the children have great amount of energy, so it is better to use their energy to do chores. Parents deal with many situations while dealing with children, so it is fair if children help out their parents with simple house chores.
For example, my cousin has three energetic boys. Her eldest son is ten, the middle one is eight, and youngest is five. They like to play and jump all the time and they love to fight. My cousin works all day long to clean the house and her boys take five minutes to mess up the place. She has part time job and after that she comes home and cook for her kids. She is always tired and depressed. If she assigns simple chores to the boys, it will save some time for herself.
Parents love their children, so they could only assign simple chores that are doable for children’s particular age. For example, my cousin’s eldest child is old enough to vacuum the house and to do his own laundry. The two young boys can help with fixing their beds, separate their laundries, and clean up after they make mess. On every weekend, her boys’ complaint about being bored because they don’t have anything to do and I believe if they have some work to do around the house they will appreciate their free time.
I believe children should learn to organize their time; it will help them succeed in future. It is easier to develop habits of working at young age. Parents should make agenda for their children to play, read books, and do chores. Sometimes parents should reward children for completing their assigned chores, because that will motivate younger children to complete their tasks.
Odd first post, but welcome to the forum. Smile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I suspect you want input, so I offer the following suggestions:
1. "...human living style" sounds a bit akward. How about something like, "... discover the world" or "discover the world that they will encounter as adults."

2. "Most of the children..." is also a bit akward. "Most children..." sounds better.

3. "...have great..." should be "have a great..."

4. "...cook..." should be "cooks"

5. " that are doable for children’s particular age" could be rewritte "that are age-appropriate."

6. I would change, "The two young boys can help with fixing their beds, separate their laundries, and clean up after they make mess." to "The two younger boys can help with making their beds, separating their laundry, and cleaning up after they play." I think it's called parallet construction when you use the same form of the verb in this type of sentence structure.

7. Not "boys' ", rather it should be "boys"

8. "...complaint" should be "complain"

9. "in future" should be "in the future"

10. "habits of working" should be "work habits"

11. "make agenda" should probably be "make a schedule"

It sounds as though English might not be your first language, but it is a very good attempt. Folks on this forum do not give out answers to homework or test questions, but I am going to assume that this is NOT homework or a test, and that you are simply looking for feedback. Good luck.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
Thank you, LaterBloomer, for detailed feedback. you are right English is my second language.. this prompt essay is practice for praxis 1 writing essay portion. i really appreciated that you put time to proofread my essay.
thank you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 360 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,976 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Average time to complete a Mechanical Engineering Degree soliloquy 8 7,134 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  Which essay sounds better? ChatGPT A or a Paraphrased version B? bjcheung77 5 772 08-13-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Why It's Time for Legacy College Admissions to Go LevelUP 0 377 05-09-2023, 09:15 AM
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 489 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
  Teachers working multiple jobs? bjcheung77 18 1,460 09-23-2022, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Which college would be your choice - balancing reputation/perception - cost - time esh 6 697 08-08-2022, 05:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Studying Through Brain Fog Stacie 35 3,054 08-03-2022, 01:03 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  UoA - Credit playing "Age of Empires" SweetSecret 10 1,413 04-13-2022, 01:19 AM
Last Post: rachel83az