Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
general
is the clep multiple choice questions? then why are they asking us to fill in the blank on instantcert?
I believe the idea behind filling in the blanks is to foster retention of the information provided. It encourages a bit more active participation on the part of the student to reason out the answer.

I am just another user like yourself, but I do believe the methodology is explained on the site here.
IC is a learning tool; the fill-in-the-blank method requires you to use the information, which improves retention. However, multiple choice practice tests do come in handy as part of preparing. Search the forum for "Petersons". The Web sites that accompany college textbooks often have multiple choice quizzes as well.

Phillip
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]
does anyone have any ideas of where i can practice doing clep multiple choice questions?
REA books on the topic & Peterson Practice Tests.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Official CLEP practice tests (the book is the cheapest source, if taking more than 1 CLEP). Otherwise $10 each from Collegeboard.

Phillip
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]
Hi!  I'm a new "elder" on the block.  I'm 57 and just now starting my degree program.  I've been working in the health documentation field for many years.  I've taken on-line non-accredited courses related to my field through the years but nothing else since high school.  I've always done well with grammar; however, I'm totally freaked out about the essay portion. I know how to put things together, but I hate to admit, I don't have a very vast fund of knowledge to draw upon when it comes to topics on government, history, art, etc.  These subjects never interested me, and thus, I know basically zilch about them.  It seems most topics for the first essay seem to deal with these things.  How in the world do you create an essay about a topic you know nothing about?  I wish you could pick your category because if it was healthcare field related, I know I could pass.
Don't buy the CLEP practice question book because the free Modern States site is word-for-word the same exact questions.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Jrellis
(08-12-2019, 04:52 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Don't buy the CLEP practice question book because the free Modern States site is word-for-word the same exact questions.

From nearly every post I have read, the Modern States site alone isn’t a good reference to the real CLEP, but a starting point.  Most people still suggest nabbing he official CLEP book for having a higher chance of passing, which is why I use the IC Flash Cards for retention and Free-CLEP-Prep for the other stuff (Essay structure for College Comp, etc.).
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
(08-11-2019, 01:34 PM)sag1956 Wrote: Hi!  I'm a new "elder" on the block.  I'm 57 and just now starting my degree program.  I've been working in the health documentation field for many years.  I've taken on-line non-accredited courses related to my field through the years but nothing else since high school.  I've always done well with grammar; however, I'm totally freaked out about the essay portion. I know how to put things together, but I hate to admit, I don't have a very vast fund of knowledge to draw upon when it comes to topics on government, history, art, etc.  These subjects never interested me, and thus, I know basically zilch about them.  It seems most topics for the first essay seem to deal with these things.  How in the world do you create an essay about a topic you know nothing about?  I wish you could pick your category because if it was healthcare field related, I know I could pass.

It's not about what you say  - it is all about how you say it (format).  For the CLEP essay portion you're not be graded on the content, but the format in which you present it.  There are plenty of resources available to you to learn the basic 5 parts of an essay (https://www.myhomeworkwriters.com/blog/t...made-easy/ and https://www.vappingo.com/word-blog/essay...-an-essay/).  Once you know the format, the rest is you just 'telling a story' (as you may have to make up the details in this case) to fit the format.  They are simply testing you to see if you can indeed format an essay accordingly; not if you have any knowledge on the topic they provide you to use.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General Thanks And Where I'm Headed Now TINASAM 3 408 10-22-2023, 01:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SUU Bachelor of General Studies (Speedway) EDUxplorer 10 1,815 04-18-2023, 12:43 AM
  Cheap general science courses? Preferably online. Drakemoore 8 1,298 12-27-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Allied Health General Science Courses? threecats 7 951 07-08-2022, 11:58 PM
  Easiest math general education options? Math avoidant 5 2,062 05-07-2022, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Math avoidant
  Can you help me with my general ed? Areyes2511 25 2,688 12-21-2020, 12:42 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  BS general studies with physics concentration: Worth less than a physics major? sciencemathematics1 20 3,829 02-11-2020, 11:57 PM
Last Post: sciencemathematics1
  Looking for BSBA in General Management. Need a plan. David.Hamad 3 1,437 05-06-2019, 04:48 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Concentration or general concentration? Ideas 15 2,292 01-31-2019, 01:46 PM
  TESU General FishNDip 1 999 12-03-2018, 12:59 PM
Last Post: dfrecore