Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do I get an e-transcript?
In order to apply for a certain job, I need to attach an electronic transcript which states I have 120 credits. I finished at TESC. How do I get this? I have the paper version but I don't know if I can just take a picture of it.

You can order an electronic transcript sent to them by TESU if they need it to be official. You'll have to ask them whether a scan is sufficient, there's no other way to know.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I just checked their webpage here: Transcript Request at Thomas Edison State University
You'll be getting an unofficial PDF version sent to you by email for $15, you can forward that to your potential employer.
That may be sufficient enough for them, but you should see if it's sufficient by calling them beforehand.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks. I was thinking about an ACE transcript sent to myself because TESC has a tendency to take awhile and I have until the end of this month to send it in.
I would have TESU send it directly to the employer.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
creditmonsoon Wrote:Thanks. I was thinking about an ACE transcript sent to myself because TESC has a tendency to take awhile and I have until the end of this month to send it in.
But the TESU transcript is the only one which will show that you have 120 credits (and a degree). Since ACE isn't a school, the transcript doesn't constitute proof that you were awarded a single credit.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
creditmonsoon Wrote:Thanks. I was thinking about an ACE transcript sent to myself because TESC has a tendency to take awhile and I have until the end of this month to send it in.

TESU actually outsources their transcript requests through the National Student Clearinghouse, so the process is actually pretty quick. My electronic transcript from TESU got to WGU in just a few days.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Do you need a transcript from an actual school, or just something that shows that you have 120 credits? Totally different things.

Either way, if you have 120 credits on your TESU transcript, then you can order the electronic transcript yourself, they usually send it out immediately. If you have the email address of the person you need to send it to at the new company, then TESU will even send it electronically to them (I think so anyway, other schools gave me this option, I can't remember if TESU did or not).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Do you need a transcript from an actual school, or just something that shows that you have 120 credits? Totally different things.

Either way, if you have 120 credits on your TESU transcript, then you can order the electronic transcript yourself, they usually send it out immediately. If you have the email address of the person you need to send it to at the new company, then TESU will even send it electronically to them (I think so anyway, other schools gave me this option, I can't remember if TESU did or not).

Do this ^^^. If the school in question (TESU) doesn't do official e-transcripts, then your employer will have to take whatever e-version TESU does. In this case it is a PDF e-mailed. Have TESU e-mail you or e-mail the person directly. They will have to accept it.

Side Note: Why won't the employer take an Official Paper Transcript? I find this odd.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Do this ^^^. If the school in question (TESU) doesn't do official e-transcripts, then your employer will have to take whatever e-version TESU does. In this case it is a PDF e-mailed. Have TESU e-mail you or e-mail the person directly. They will have to accept it.

Side Note: Why won't the employer take an Official Paper Transcript? I find this odd.

The company does NOT have to accept it, especially if it's from you. So, just ask for the email address of the person who's to receive the transcript, and order an official copy be emailed directly from TESU/the National Student Clearinghouse. You should not be the intermediary in this transaction. If it comes from TESU/NSC to you, how would the person receiving it know that it was official, and hadn't been tampered with?

Prior to electronic transcripts, if someone wanted an official copy mailed to them, they wanted it straight from the school, not from the school, to you, and then to them. Some might accept a copy from the school to you, then given unopened to them, but I worked at more than 1 company that would NOT take it this way - you had to have the school mail it directly.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 295 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU CIS-194 Transcript vesparza15 3 554 10-13-2023, 10:47 AM
Last Post: vesparza15
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,216 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Lost transcript mlohjj 13 1,214 11-15-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Transcript hold at college. How to finish CS degree elsewhere? HawkofDarkness 35 2,762 10-18-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Transcript Designations vintage_jacket 2 579 09-08-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  My master "Omni Transcript" jsd 26 6,407 09-03-2022, 02:53 PM
Last Post: jsd
Lightbulb "Arizona State Wants to Revolutionize the College Transcript" jsd 6 1,308 08-12-2021, 10:06 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Admissions/Transcript issues *ugh* Vle045 12 1,557 07-17-2021, 04:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Templates: High School/Home School Diploma & Transcript bjcheung77 1 1,090 06-03-2021, 06:32 PM
Last Post: P226mem