Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do i 'complete' a Modern States course??
So i'm having this wierd problem...

...I went thru their Marketing course (which is hosted outside, at edX.org actually) and completed 100% of all videos and 100% score taking all their tests.  But when I log into Modern States it still shows 0% progress and Exam not took. (not sure if they mean CLEP exam or what)

I went through the course... I need to complete it to get the voucher so I can sign up for my last chance (during this xmas break window) to take the CLEP tests Jan 5th.  (because classes start Jan 8th so this is technically 'before' spring semester, or thats what i'm arguing in my appeal anyways which will hopefully be granted :- P )

I posted this question there - no response four days later.  No humans available at Modern States.  I cant hit the claim a voucher because it says i'm 0% complete.  Feeling a little frustrated...  

I'll be taking the Management course thru tomorrow and this weekend to also review - hopefully it wont be any different for that. (but i'll post a followup if it is for whatever reason)

============
Update for the WIERDER...

Now Modern States says i'm not even enrolled in Marketing at all??  but EdX still says 100%...  there doesn't seem to be any general help forum or availability of humans at Modern States that I can tell.  It wont even let me re-add Marketing (says i'm already enrolled) but it doesn't even display...
Modern states can be confusing.

About completing a course, read this post of mine. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...#pid247714

Then regarding your update, there are 2 different main screens at Modern States. The one where it has the different weeks and whether or not you took the exam, and then the one at https://courses.modernstates.org/courses/ where if you're logged in you'll see which you are enrolled in.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • zapproximator
[edited] I somehow posted on your link instead of my own post.  Tongue

I clicked thru everything i'm aware of, one place shows 100% another shows 0%.  Though also...  here's the wierd part.  Principles of Marketing is no longer listed the same as it was before on the main page you listed - I went and completed what it was at EdX and never got any credit for it, and now it's telling me the new Principles of Marketing cant start until April 2018... argh...  so does that mean i'm screwed out of a voucher/wasted my time there and have to learn something completely different to get the voucher for the course..?  >_<

In terms of my post... my problem remains.  As far as I know I clicked and completed everything.  I missed zero questions.  I got one or two wrong, but missed nothing.  I just went thru the entire content of Principles of Management, and now that's also 100% complete.... except.... I cant do anything with that either.  On the 'my courses' dashboard it just says that the Management is "started" as well...  my audit track for Marketing was 100% everything on the edX.org page (I can't screenshot easily or i'd show), and for Marketing I completed 100% tho due to a few missed questions my audit track says 97% total score.  I checked every tab on the course and the FAQ and there's nothing I understand on how to claim the vouchers right now.

Here, I managed to take a few screenshots and post them on a friends Dropbox to show my problem.

This is what I have on EdX.org under Marketing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ubkdm4ddfllhh...g.jpg?dl=0

This is what I have on Modern States itself under Management:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zigfh80p2f3tq...E.jpg?dl=0

The HW13 question I just got wrong... I didn't miss it, I can't enter a new 'correct' answer either because I exhausted my tries.

Yet this is what my Modern States dashboard shows:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/368kb71nfsurro...0.jpg?dl=0

"0% complete" and it did the same under the Marketing (before it was replaced by the new marketing course starting april 2018) when it was my only completed course days ago...
(12-30-2017, 09:01 PM)blaczkowitz Wrote: [edited] I somehow posted on your link instead of my own post.  Tongue

I clicked thru everything i'm aware of, one place shows 100% another shows 0%.  Though also...  here's the wierd part.  Principles of Marketing is no longer listed the same as it was before on the main page you listed - I went and completed what it was at EdX and never got any credit for it, and now it's telling me the new Principles of Marketing cant start until April 2018... argh...  so does that mean i'm screwed out of a voucher/wasted my time there and have to learn something completely different to get the voucher for the course..?  >_<

In terms of my post... my problem remains.  As far as I know I clicked and completed everything.  I missed zero questions.  I got one or two wrong, but missed nothing.  I just went thru the entire content of Principles of Management, and now that's also 100% complete.... except.... I cant do anything with that either.  On the 'my courses' dashboard it just says that the Management is "started" as well...  my audit track for Marketing was 100% everything on the edX.org page (I can't screenshot easily or i'd show), and for Marketing I completed 100% tho due to a few missed questions my audit track says 97% total score.  I checked every tab on the course and the FAQ and there's nothing I understand on how to claim the vouchers right now.

Here, I managed to take a few screenshots and post them on a friends Dropbox to show my problem.

This is what I have on EdX.org under Marketing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ubkdm4ddfllhh...g.jpg?dl=0

This is what I have on Modern States itself under Management:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zigfh80p2f3tq...E.jpg?dl=0

The HW13 question I just got wrong... I didn't miss it, I can't enter a new 'correct' answer either because I exhausted my tries.

Yet this is what my Modern States dashboard shows:

"0% complete" and it did the same under the Marketing (before it was replaced by the new marketing course starting april 2018) when it was my only completed course days ago...

Sorry to hear that you're having all of these issues. I went through the same thing for Principles of Macroeconomics so I totally understand. Sad that they haven't taken care of that yet.

I emailed Whitney about the issues I was having but I don't think she's with the organization any longer. But I did correspond with another lady...Sadie Glenn sadie@modernstates.org. I would forward those snapshots you have as well.

Hope this gets resolved fairly soon and good luck with your degree

SIncerely,

Marshall
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
Enrolled in BA in Liberal Studies - 105/120 Completed

Associate in Science, Excelsior College
[-] The following 1 user Likes mlwilliamsiv's post:
  • blaczkowitz
(12-30-2017, 09:01 PM)blaczkowitz Wrote: Yet this is what my Modern States dashboard shows:

Marketing might be different. If I were in your situation, I would try to get credit for it.

Starting from the page linked above, click the Management course title. Then you should see Week 1, Week 2, etc. Click on Week 1. Click on Edit. Click on No and it becomes Yes. Click Save. Wait until you get a pop-up with congrats or encouragement, and click Ok. Sometimes it takes more than 10 seconds. Repeat for every Week # and you should now see a green check icon with "Complete" in green instead of "0% Complete".

Then I suggest you repeat for Marketing if you can.

Then I would submit voucher requests and see what happens.

Or like the other user says, email for help, but I would first get the courses showing the green "Complete".

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • blaczkowitz
(12-31-2017, 05:25 AM)Ideas Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 09:01 PM)blaczkowitz Wrote: Yet this is what my Modern States dashboard shows:

Marketing might be different. If I were in your situation, I would try to get credit for it.

Starting from the page linked above, click the Management course title. Then you should see Week 1, Week 2, etc. Click on Week 1. Click on Edit. Click on No and it becomes Yes. Click Save. Wait until you get a pop-up with congrats or encouragement, and click Ok. Sometimes it takes more than 10 seconds. Repeat for every Week # and you should now see a green check icon with "Complete" in green instead of "0% Complete".

Well that at least enabled me to submit the voucher - it was exactly like you described it - I clicked edit and turned no's into yes's. For whatever reason my progress still shows 0% complete on my My Courses list, but I at least got to a screen I could request the voucher at. I can turn all the no's into yes's, but as soon as I recheck my course list the progress has returned to 0% again - it doesn't want to save the status.

Hopefully that doesn't matter - I requested the voucher for both (the dashboard still showed university of edinburgh principles of marketing, which is where I completed it) and I sent an email to the other address.

(12-31-2017, 05:25 AM)Ideas Wrote: Then I suggest you repeat for Marketing if you can.

Then I would submit voucher requests and see what happens.

Or like the other user says, email for help, but I would first get the courses showing the green "Complete".

I've done both, hopefully i'll hear as soon as possible on monday from somebody and will post followup info for anyone else who may have this problem in the future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,856 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
  I want Modern States to be in every student’s wheelhouse bjcheung77 0 392 09-28-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Anyone complete any of these studies? (Mexican/Spanish Propios) bjcheung77 7 1,080 09-20-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Modern States: At 60... & ICYMI... bjcheung77 2 413 08-28-2023, 11:24 AM
  50 States - Average cost of college 2023 bjcheung77 1 407 08-16-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Average time to complete a Mechanical Engineering Degree soliloquy 8 7,120 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  More than a third of community college students have vanished in the United States JPN 18 2,175 04-12-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Free College Is Now a Reality in Nearly 30 States LevelUP 13 1,584 04-14-2022, 09:16 AM
Last Post: uncapentin
  Modern States: Mention of TESU+WGU (DF member?) bjcheung77 2 961 10-28-2021, 05:28 PM
Last Post: GizmoJack
  Clever + Kahoot! <acquisition complete> bjcheung77 0 465 10-04-2021, 11:46 AM