Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to study using instantcert?
ok I have books to study for my human development clep i gotta take on the 15th.

but um how exactly do i use instantcert to study?

should I like research for the answer to each flash card?

or memorize the answer to the flash card by looking ant the answer too?

im kinda confused on how to use instantcert exactly
CLEPS passed:
Analyzing and Interpereting literature 55
Intro to sociology 54

DSSTS passed:
Principles of supervision 424
Intro to business 404
Intro to computing 421
Lifespan developmental psychology 52
Technical Writing 48
Organizational Behavior 55
Envionment and humanity: 60
Run through the flash cards about three times, just keep hitting enter. Read everything on screen while doing the flash cards, question/explanation, whatever, but don't type anything because it wastes too much time. If you run across a topic that makes no sense at all, write it down and look it up on Wiki later. Bottom line: Do not neglect the Exam Specific Feedback discussion, it is worth its weight in gold. Anymore questions?
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current: MA in Humanities from American Public University.
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.
ok so pretty much as long as im studying outside resources and study the flashcards whether i get them right or wrong I should be alright for the test?

I take it you normally have a better chance at eliminating the wrong answers after seeing all the questions in the flash cards whenever you take the tests?
CLEPS passed:
Intro to sociology 54

DSSTS passed:
Intro to business 404
Intro to computing 421
Technical Writing 48
HI,

just joined IC, and I plan to take the business law clep on monday.

I have started using the flash cards, but i have heard about exam specific feedback threads.

where can i find these threads. when i use the search tool, most of the results are threads with under 10 posts.

Thanks!

edit:
--nevermind, i wasnt logged into the forum
killerino Wrote:OK, so pretty much as long as I'm studying outside resources and study the flashcards whether I get them right or wrong I should be alright for the test?

I take it you normally have a better chance at eliminating the wrong answers after seeing all the questions in the flash cards whenever you take the tests?

You don't get the flash cards right or wrong because you just read them. Typing wastes too much time. Put only correct answers in your head by reading alone. Your second point is correct in that if you can eliminate one or more incorrect responses on a question you raise the likelihood of getting a much better score. Remember to wear out information in the Exam Specific Feedback section.
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current: MA in Humanities from American Public University.
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.
ooh ok cool thank you.
CLEPS passed:
Intro to sociology 54

DSSTS passed:
Intro to business 404
Intro to computing 421
Technical Writing 48
Sorry to bump an old thread, but am new and just started studying for MIS.

Does everyone generally type out each section and study that way using IC? Or is it best ot just keep reading through each section and doing Peterosn practice tests etc as opposed to spending all that time typing the questions out from IC?

Thanks.
Derek
Welcome back to the forum
Typing out the answer is the way its set up, but the real ore is mined by the surrounding text. So the most successful here have skipped typing the answer and read the data and then clicked the next button which displays the correct answer so that you can absorb the material. They progress through the flashcards this way and don't worry about their typing speed (or in my case spelling) Most people don't worry about the scores they achieve but rather the information they absorb. Make sure you also access the exam specific feedback forum only available to paying Instantcert members it has a vast repository of information on most of the exams too.

I'm an audio learner so I'll record the main points and listen while driving or in the shower or where ever I have a moment.hilarious
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
Depends on your learning style. If you are impatient and just want to know/study what you have to know. Get the outline and the breakdown in percentages on what's the most important things to test. Then do a "dry run" (no studying) of the test…taking your best guess in the largest weighted sections. If you are pretty good at those larger weighted sections you are probably going to pass. Then do a "dry run" of the lesser weighted sections. Once you are done with all the tests. take note of the percentages in each category and study those areas more intensely. I usually give myself about a week to study then go back and hit all the tests again.

InstantCert works because it's picky about your wording. You might have the right answer, but the word might not be exactly what they are looking for. The more you do the flashcards, the more the answer they are looking for is seared into your mind. For example, an instant vert question might be….What colors is the sky on a sunny day?

And you answer "Pale Blue" but they want "sky blue" or "baby blue". After you do 2-3 runs through the cards you will have the right answers cemented in your mind. If you have no patience for this method or are short on time you can just click through the flashcards and read and answers and rational the first time…try to remember what you need work in and use a traditional textbook or web resource to study. In short…only study what you really NEED to know…not the stuff you are already comfortable with.

Hope this helps

derek10rr3 Wrote:Sorry to bump an old thread, but am new and just started studying for MIS.

Does everyone generally type out each section and study that way using IC? Or is it best ot just keep reading through each section and doing Peterosn practice tests etc as opposed to spending all that time typing the questions out from IC?

Thanks.
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
On my first time through a flash card set I will answer any that I think I know and just let instantcert fill in the blanks for those I don't know. After approximately 15 that I don't know, I skip to the last question and it will grade my flash cards up to that point and allow me to start with the 15 questions that I missed while they're fresh in my mind, so I can type in the answer. I'll keep repeating the process after every 15 or so missed questions until I've made it through the entire set. After 2-3 times doing a set this way I can usually make it through a set with minimal errors. I'm not sure if I just require more repetition or have a limited short term memory, but my learning curve doesn't seem to extend beyond 15 new questions at a time.

I prefer typing the answers. It keeps me very engaged in every question instead of glazing over from just reading. However, my hands do start to ache after several hours so I may try clicking the next button as suggested.
BSU -ABA Certificate Program --In Progress

BSBA from TESC Sept 2014
I completed 63 credits in 15 weeks using this forum!

AAS -Web Design 2003
82.5 BM credits over 10 years old

DSST: 2012 -Geology 58; 2014 -Money and Banking 64, Ethics in America 465, Intro to Computing 474, Business Ethics & Society 453, Human Resource Management 64, Organizational Behavior 68, Management Information Systems 461
CLEP: 2013 -Sociology 58, US History I 65; 2014 Macroeconomics 71, Microeconomics 66, Principles of Management 72, Business Law 67
SAYLOR: 2014 -Principles of Marketing 80%, -Corporate Communication 74%
ALEKS: Introduction to Statistics 76% (23 hours study time over 5 days)
Empire State College PLA of Saylor Small Bus. Man. 4 Upper Level Credits Awarded
Straighterline: ACC I 90.1%, ACC II 82.2%
PennFoster -Strategic Management 93%, Financial Management 97%, Consumer Behavior 94%, Advertising 93%
TECEP using IC flashcards: Public Relations Thought and Practice 78%
TESC PLA 100

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 208 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  Abnormal Psychology TECEP is now available on InstantCert! sgloer 0 290 01-04-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Using Study.com for TECEP? Kones 7 573 10-03-2023, 06:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Easiest Exams-Everybody List Exams Taken with a 60+ Score Using Only InstantCert steelers 383 230,951 06-18-2023, 03:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Flashcards or Study Aids Never2Late2Educate 2 823 02-08-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  InstantCert InstantCREDIT Managerial Accounting Course Review OldManOfTheSea 21 6,753 11-13-2022, 05:02 PM
  Instantcert Credit Transcript uncoolbilly 2 1,039 10-20-2022, 07:54 PM
  Best Way to Study for FIN-321 Tecep Exam? SamTrulli 1 660 10-20-2022, 12:17 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study vs. Peterson Stacie 10 2,337 08-25-2022, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Stacie
  Using Study for Art of the Western World Stacie 12 1,681 08-17-2022, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Stacie