Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iSpell trouble??
Woot! Another person converted to Firefox. Soon we will rule the world...or something. Wink
BBA, MBA/ACC

Currently pursuing AS, working on 35ish CLEP credit hours, 3/7 tests complete!

English Comp w/Essay (3) - 7/09 - 71
Intro to Sociology (3) - 8/09 - 72
Intro to Psychology (3) - 8/09 - 68
Biology (8)
College Mathematics (3)
College Algebra (3)
American Lit (6)
6/33 Community College Credits Complete
15/62 Total Credits Complete
tbradford1 Wrote:Woot! Another person converted to Firefox. Soon we will rule the world...or something. Wink

I LOVE Firefox. Customizable, works properly without crashing, faster, and more user-friendly, in my opinion. One of these days I will get some time and make myself another Unbuntu disk in order to add it back to my laptop. I think there was a power surge or it overheated or something because my harddrive, one memory stick, and my RAM all fried. I have just been too busy/lazy to bother. All I use my computer for anymore is school and studying, so I have not been as motivated to use a different OS as I was when I had this magical thing called "time." Tongue
PROGRESS: Last semester and accepted into a PhD program!
What is this "time" thing that you speak of? I have never heard of such a thing! D: lol
BBA, MBA/ACC

Currently pursuing AS, working on 35ish CLEP credit hours, 3/7 tests complete!

English Comp w/Essay (3) - 7/09 - 71
Intro to Sociology (3) - 8/09 - 72
Intro to Psychology (3) - 8/09 - 68
Biology (8)
College Mathematics (3)
College Algebra (3)
American Lit (6)
6/33 Community College Credits Complete
15/62 Total Credits Complete
tbradford1 Wrote:Woot! Another person converted to Firefox. Soon we will rule the world...or something. Wink

[SIZE="7"]I Love Firefox.[/SIZE]

I'm with you guys. I could never go back to IE, unless it was just temporarily so I could download Firefox.

hilarious
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
I'm on right now using IE. When I went to Firefox, NOTHING works video-wise. I have spent hours today trying to download Adobe, Flashplayer, Shockwave, etc and nothing works!?!? It all works in IE. I'll try later to get to the bottom of it.
alissaroot Wrote:I'm with you guys. I could never go back to IE, unless it was just temporarily so I could download Firefox.
I agree entirely, Alissa. That is the only reason I ever have for using IE. On my new laptop, I was forced to use IE to find and download Firefox. Now all is well with my XPS. Big Grin

cookderosa Wrote:I'm on right now using IE. When I went to Firefox, NOTHING works video-wise. I have spent hours today trying to download Adobe, Flashplayer, Shockwave, etc and nothing works!?!? It all works in IE. I'll try later to get to the bottom of it.
Hum. That is odd. Once you download and install the appropriate plug-ins, everything generally works like a charm. Don't give up on it yet! Feel free to vent your difficulties to IC Tech Support.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
tbradford1 Wrote:I'm not sure if you're using Internet Explorer or Firefox, but if you use Firefox (or want to install it), it has a built-in spellcheck function. Sorry I don't know anything specifically about why iSpell would crash your PC. It's most likely something to do with the application rather than the forums though.

Good luck!

I had the same problem as the first poster. Ispell causes crashes and problems like that. I currently have freezing problems with Adobe stuff due to an add on. Im trying to narrow it down. These add ons are created by users like you and I. They are good at programming and upload their stuff. Just because its on the net doesnt mean its good. :p
I currently use one that underlines my misspelling's and grammar. But for the life of me its not in my list of add on's so i cant tell you the name. Maybe someone here knows the name.
take care
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]"Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet, and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies!" Its always sunny in Philadelphia.

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]tesc credit banked
FEMA IS courses- alot

Aleks completed-many of them

Cleps:Spanish 67

Associates in psychology UOP
TESC BA in psychology[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

attempting currently
Masters in counseling

I.E. states how good they are yet they are converting so much to look like FF.
I.E. Stinks and has so many problems.
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]"Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet, and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies!" Its always sunny in Philadelphia.

FEMA IS courses- alot

attempting currently
Masters in counseling
alissaroot Wrote:[SIZE="7"]I Love Firefox.[/SIZE]

I'm with you guys. I could never go back to IE, unless it was just temporarily so I could download Firefox.

hilarious

The only thing that I hate about FF is that you can lose your bookmarks. If you are like me you rely on those badboys. I have over 200 of them and if i lose them i feel lost.
So needless to say i back them up once a week.
hilarious

FEMA IS courses- alot

attempting currently
Masters in counseling
nj593 Wrote:I had the same problem as the first poster. Ispell causes crashes and problems like that. I currently have freezing problems with Adobe stuff due to an add on.
Get rid of Adobe Reader. Foxit Reader is much more reliable, had tabbed browsing and (drum roll) is free.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble with American Literature!!! roofduck 0 665 02-06-2020, 03:35 PM
Last Post: roofduck
  Straighterline testing trouble Tasman 10 1,609 01-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Tasman
  PM box trouble cookderosa 2 1,018 09-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Last Post: cookderosa