Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline testing trouble
Well I sit here in Australia while the timer is going for my first graded exam in western civ 1.
At question 1, and I can't even input my answer or even move to the next question. 40 minutes left to go.

What to do...:reddevil:
Set yourself goals, not limitations
Happened me once. It's a glitch in the system. I let it ride out. Monday morning sent an email stating the problem, they reset the exam for me. Wa-la!

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
Ace_King Wrote:Happened me once. It's a glitch in the system. I let it ride out. Monday morning sent an email stating the problem, they reset the exam for me. Wa-la!

That's good to know. I've just sent them an email. Although a bit of a nuisance as I'll have to wait a couple of days (It's 3.30pm Sunday here).
It just peeves me when you get all psyched and ready and then this happens. They can change their timers to submit exams when time is up...BUT they need to fix their 'glitches' so we can actually do an exam!

(There...I feel better now)

cheers Ace-King
That sucks Tasman, but hopefully they'll do you right and reset it for you so you can do it again. I had the same issue when I was in Korea but with a DSST, Physical Science. The proctor sent an email and I retook it the following week. Good luck,
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
No problem buddy! And yes I felt your pain, happened to me with Intro to Sociology. Was very eager in completing it and the glitch came. Hopefully they will fix these glitches soon!

That stinks. Just make sure you have an updated version of JAVA and that your pop-up blocker is turned off before you start it again. I know with my students they get locked up when they don't make sure these two things are done. Good luck!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Well they reset the exam for me again today (Tuesday here). They sent me an email telling me it would have worked if I refreshed the testing page or restarted the session..(as if I didn't already try this time and again). Then they tell me this seems to be an issue with Blackboard but the Course Manager has not been able to replicate the problem on firefox, chrome, or internet explorer. I use firefox on my mac.
I mean you try doing everything to get your exam functioning properly. Pop up blocker is turned off, I've got the latest version of java. I haven't had any problems on my other SL courses I've done.

I went to sit the exam again and the same problem...

I'm not having any 'real' issue with the course or chapters, it's going great and am enjoying it, except when I go and try to sit this blasted exam:mad:
Uggg! Just had the same problem, but at question 13 for Anatomy. Just stopped working--did all the techy stuff and it came back on but with only 6 minutes left. Now I have the worst score so far out of 16 exams. Not Fun!!!!
Just wanted to complain Smile.
Gooberman11 Wrote:Uggg! Just had the same problem, but at question 13 for Anatomy. Just stopped working--did all the techy stuff and it came back on but with only 6 minutes left. Now I have the worst score so far out of 16 exams. Not Fun!!!!
Just wanted to complain Smile.
Make sure you complain to them!! If it's happening this often they need to do something about it.
The more people who complain about what's going on, the more chance they might sort it out really soon.
They need to get their exam boards sorted out. It really is not good enough.
Hmm happened again? That's weird. It has only occurred once to me and I took lots of Straighterline exams. I sent an email anyways "pretending" it happened to me , so maybe like you said Tasman, the more people who speak up they can get this fixed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble with American Literature!!! roofduck 0 650 02-06-2020, 03:35 PM
Last Post: roofduck
  Just testing my new signature... zapproximator 28 4,549 01-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bmoyer83
  CompTIA (A+, Net+, Sec+ etc) to start offering online testing (via ProctorU) jsd 1 2,435 03-31-2017, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 25BangBang
  ISO Straighterline Books cookderosa 4 1,292 12-13-2016, 05:17 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Straighterline spammer / policy change needed dmjacobsen 10 2,068 10-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  Straighterline negative reivews? TESUAbroad 11 2,231 09-23-2016, 10:32 AM
Last Post: jlearn25
  Straighterline slightly frustrating.. TESUAbroad 19 3,784 09-23-2016, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Flelm
  Something cool (a story) from Straighterline rebel100 2 1,039 03-30-2016, 07:22 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Mom Hospitalized - Had to Suspend Plans Testing For Now... SuZQ2 3 890 11-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  Straighterline reviews gingerbeefE 9 2,532 10-19-2015, 04:23 AM
Last Post: gingerbeefE