Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
listing INDS degree?
I'm closing in on the completion of my degree, and starting to think more specifically about what this will look like on a resume.  My degree is in interdisciplinary studies, and it's my understanding that the proper way to list it is to list the official degree title, and then, if desired, the areas of study.  Like this:

B.S. Interdisciplinary Studies (Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, Business)

I'm wondering if, since the areas of study aren't an official part of the degree title, I can/should adjust them to the more specific phrases I usually use in order to clarify for people (because they do communicate more clearly), or if that's seen as misrepresentation, too unofficial, etc.  Something like this:

B.S. Interdisciplinary Studies (Holistic Health, Life Coaching, Business)

or 

B.S. Interdisciplinary Studies (Health & Wellness, Life Coaching, Business)
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
[-] The following 1 user Likes a2jc4life's post:
  • jsd
Have a read, this is a great thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-on-Resume
Hmmm, I am kind of spaced out right now, just had a huge lunch and decided to check in. Anyways...
I think BS Interdisciplinary Studies (Business, Behavioral & Health Sciences) is the way I would put it...
Or just keep it nice and short and concise - BS IDS - Business, Behavioral & Health Sciences
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • allvia
Thank you!
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

I might put it on your resume one way, but maybe up top in the summary section (or somewhere else on the resume), list more clearly what your areas of interest were. You could also put it in your cover letter. I'd probably tailor it to the job you're going for at the time anyway, so it might be easy to figure out where to put it then (like, you might want to just talk about holistic health & coaching for a certain job, the business wouldn't really be an issue you wanted to focus on).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-04-2018, 09:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I might put it on your resume one way, but maybe up top in the summary section (or somewhere else on the resume), list more clearly what your areas of interest were.  You could also put it in your cover letter.  I'd probably tailor it to the job you're going for at the time anyway, so it might be easy to figure out where to put it then (like, you might want to just talk about holistic health & coaching for a certain job, the business wouldn't really be an issue you wanted to focus on).

This is a good idea.

Obviously I don't want to be misleading, but "behavioral sciences," especially, is pretty vague compared to my actual area of focus.
-Rachel

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred

I would definitely put the official title, but right underneath I would put the Coaching, etc.

Depending on the job you are seeking I would only put one not all three in (Health & Wellness, Life Coaching, Business)?  You have a jack of all trades master at nothing degree as it is.  Taylor it to some focus?  Just my 2 cents!
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • a2jc4life
I think LLL has the right idea here.

“B.S. Interdisciplinary Studies (emphasis in [area specific to job applying for])”

As long as you can justify what’s in the brackets, you’re looking good Smile
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • a2jc4life
(07-04-2018, 11:14 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote: Depending on the job you are seeking I would only put one not all three in (Health & Wellness, Life Coaching, Business)?  You have a jack of all trades master at nothing degree as it is.  Taylor it to some focus?  Just my 2 cents!

lol  It is tailored, actually, although not for anything I'm likely to need a resume for.  I do health coaching/education as a business.  All three AOS of highly-relevant for me.  (The business is mostly marketing.)  But I work for myself, so I'm not likely to need this stuff on a resume, either.
-Rachel

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 681 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 287 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 642 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,791 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 576 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 510 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 288 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 872 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,242 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,844 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74