Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
major/minor question
I searched and I can't find an answer to this specific question.  Can I add a biz minor (management and leadership) to the psych BA?  Also if you add a minor does it change the amount of credits you can transfer in for a single bachelors?  

Am i better off transferring 115-120 credits, and doing 20ish credits in 2 different disciplines to finish 2 bachelor degrees?  

Background:  accepted into umpi for yourpace psych, 76 transfer credits (all general ed other than english comp 1&2, all electives, statistics towards psych major, biz comm toward minor all done, plus no assessment on life experience yet, but have run a business and manage a department for another university currently, plus a full 4 year apprenticeship in a trade).  Not expecting a ton of life experience credit, but something would be nice.  I start umpi in march and would like to snag some more credit before I start.
@ouiarenotamuzed, Welcome to the board, intriguing first post with questions, having said that, you're missing the addendum and template information. You need to provide us a bigger overall picture of your scenario by following the link here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

You can add a major, major with concentration, or a minor to your BA Psych, but before you tread on that, are you able to complete the Psych Internship/Practicum?  The degree requires a minimum of 30 credits for residency credits, you can have all the credits transferred in, but you'll still need 30 from UMPI.

In brief, "BA and BABA can have majors and concentrations within those majors as well as minors added, the BAS/BLS can only have minors." Here's the thread where I "quoted" my own text above: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid406657

BTW, do you get 'free' tuition at that university you're currently working for? Et Pourquoi... Mon ami, Vous n'êtes pas amusé?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
l will post that infor here, thank you.   To answer your questions:  yes I can complete the practicum.   No, the university that work for does not offer any incentive, discount, or re-imbursemnt for any education to it's employees.  

Degree wanted: UMPI BA in Psych, minor in Leadership in Management
Career goal: Continue in my current career, and start a small business in the mental health field (spouse is a mental health practitioner).  Psych major for the business, Minor is for optics in my current career.

Regionally accredited credits:
Community college
Intro to Philo
Health Sciences
Astronomy
Public speaking
Admin of Justice: community relations
criminal law

ACE, Clep etc:
Sophia:
Art History
College Algebra
Enviro Science
Into to Sociology
Spanish 1
U.S. Gov't
U.S. History
Visual Communications
Human Biology + Lab
Conflict Resolution
Developing Effective Teams
Intro to Business
Intro to Ethics
Intor to IT
Macroeconomics
Microeconomis
Business Law
Business Communications
Intro to Statistics

I have a 4 year apprenticeship (8000 work hours + 1500 classroom hours) in plumbing, and am a licensed journey level plumber.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a philosophy minor possible at UMPI? LevelUP 8 116 Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Undergraduate Degree Liberal Studies w/ a Minor in Psychology molov 4 233 04-21-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 326 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  BLS Degree Options Question dm.hans32 3 253 04-17-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is a Criminal Justice Minor Possible? Marlin9276 3 199 04-13-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BLS Management Minor Degree Plan mohelena02 4 419 04-12-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: mohelena02
  Is 14 courses in 2 terms possible for psychology major? mattbau43 6 275 04-12-2024, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 331 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Full list of sophia courses that will transfer? And any Major recs? hexclep 1 260 04-07-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BLS with a minor in Information Systems or BBA PM & IS ZO10 23 1,043 03-28-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Tomas