Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***more Than One Major At Tesc
Good morning fellow cleppers,

I was wondering if anyone can guide me. My question may sound a little confusing. If you are considering two majors- lets say
1. Business Admin
2. BA natural science

If you enroll at TESC do you have to pay the enrollment fee+ other fees for graduating in each major.
I mean, when you are enrolled one time, can you pass out that year with more then one bachelors?

Also I am filling out my online application today- Can I ask for an evaluation for both majors or do I have to fill out a seperate application for the second one. Does it also mean that I have to pay the $75 application fees twice?
Thanks
D
Can anyone take a shot at this?
Thanks
You can enroll as a double major or two degrees and you will have both showing on your myEdison screen. You can click between the two and your classes WILL double dip between them.
There are two different paths- first is a double major, and the second is a second degree. You'll need to talk to an advisor about the exact differences. I think with a double major you only pay 1 graduation fee but can't graduate until both degree are done (double check on that, I didn't do that, so I'm not 100% sure). I know with 2 degrees, you have to pay 2 graduation fees and you must separate your graduation dates by 1 term minimum. (my associates was June, my bachelors was September). Hope that helps a little!
candothis Wrote:Good morning fellow cleppers,

I was wondering if anyone can guide me. My question may sound a little confusing. If you are considering two majors- lets say
1. Business Admin
2. BA natural science

If you enroll at TESC do you have to pay the enrollment fee+ other fees for graduating in each major.
I mean, when you are enrolled one time, can you pass out that year with more then one bachelors?

Also I am filling out my online application today- Can I ask for an evaluation for both majors or do I have to fill out a seperate application for the second one. Does it also mean that I have to pay the $75 application fees twice?
Thanks
D

I could be wrong on this but most schools will require that you complete "at least 30 new units" that you didn't use for your first degree. Usually this is your courses that you need for the second major, but it may mean for some that thwy must take additional classes that might not be needed otherwise. Another option is to get one bachelors at TESC and another at Excelsior or Charter Oak. Good luck..
ImustStudy
----------------------------------------
A.S. Liberal Arts- Excelsior College 2007
B.S. Criminal Justice- Excelsior College 2008
M.B.A.- California Coast University 2012
EdS- Liberty University 2014
EdD- Liberty University 2016

Miscellaneous graduate coursework from University of The Rockies and California InterContinental University (that did me absolutely NO GOOD whatsoever)
ImustStudy Wrote:Another option is to get one bachelors at TESC and another at Excelsior or Charter Oak.

That's something I never thought of <newbie here>, it sounds like a good idea if you want two degrees. Do very many people want to just rack up a few degrees? I am thinking it might be addictive like testing, lol.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
With a business degree and a natural science degree (BS and BA) you'll have more than the required 30 new credits. Business degrees require a core and a concentration- so you'll have something closer to 50 additional credits. No need to leave TESC. If you go over to EC, you'll take a hit because they won't accept your CLEP English Comp or FEMA credits.

1. Business Admin
2. BA natural science

Thanks
D

Im currently taking two AAS degrees. first one, AAS in respiratory care followed by 2nd AAS in computer studies. I need only english to graduate from the 1st one followed by only english and 5 classes in the 2nd. I was able to double dip on my gen eds and electives but the concentration had to be a different one. TESC did not charge me for the second evaluation and I did receive it from 2-3 weeks. I was able to do this since I hold two Military Occupational skills in the ARMY, so ACE recommends credits for both MOS's, giving me allowable credit for both degrees.
Currently enrolled at TESC:
A.A.S in Respiratory Care (need english to finish)
MOS 91V US ARMY
A.A.S in computer studies (need english to finish)
MOS 25B US ARMY
6 more S.H. to finish both degrees hilarious

passed CLEP:
spanish 65
information systems and computer app 50
Intro to Psych 57

passed dsst:
intro to computers 53
heres to your health 55
substance abuse 400
management information systems 50
Intro to world religions 457
civlil war & reconstruction 57
Technical writing 53
criminal justice 455

Passed excelsior:
health differences across the lifespan 1 "C"
essentials of nursing: health differences "B"
Pathophysiology "B"
Nursing Fundamentals "C"

failed:
intro to sociology
A&I lit
Freshman comp
Natural Science

1. Business Admin
2. BA natural science

Thanks
D

i want the exact same thing!
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,634 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU double major leeloodallas 12 3,832 04-11-2018, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Is TESU's academic evaluation less accurate for out-of-major calculations? Pelican 4 1,232 03-14-2018, 11:12 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  I'm solidly set on TESU BSBA CIS, Any help figuring out options for a double major? camjenks 5 1,512 03-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Last Post: camjenks
  Help! TESU roadmap for my intended double major DarthArbiter00 3 1,551 02-21-2018, 06:15 PM
Last Post: davewill
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,448 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
Thumbs Up Aspiring BA CS/MATH double major (Thanks TrailRunr!!!) otavio 24 3,654 02-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,194 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  In a double major, can credit requirements overlap? Pelican 2 1,711 01-16-2018, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Pelican
  Double Major Question literalkev 3 1,150 01-09-2018, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Ideas