Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nervous, clueless, and less than two weeks time :(
I still think A&I Lit is your best option, which is 6 credits at once (for many schools). Unless you don't think you can pass it.

The best study resources depend a little on which exam. IC is great for some, and not so great for others. It depends when the exam was updated, etc.

And yes, you will have access to this subforum when your subscription expires. I'm not an IC member (haven't done CLEP).
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
Well I just took the entirety of the Marketing course on Modern States...  that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.  About 5 hours time?  Including an hour to have to make food for the household, more like 4 hours if I didnt...  watched videos on 125-200% speed depending on topic, skipped all discussions, got 100% on every question.  (a few maybe 5-6 of them required two and a handful like three questions needed three tries, a few were honestly guesses/NOT obvious from the taught content, but it gave me a decent overview so i'm glad I took it)

The funny thing - i'm sitting at 100% completion on edX right now - and i'm not sure how to claim the Modern States credit for a course actually.  Smile  There's no obvious "i'm done!" button I mean, the bottom on the edX page where it was taught says "resume course" yet clicking on it just brings back to the last video which has nothing after it which I already viewed completely.  Also on Modern States it says i'm 0% done but on edX it says i'm 100% done.  I'm doing Modern States as much for general overview as to get them to reimburse things...  what extra material I study with will depend on what I do.  

FWIW I just tried the first twenty questions of the Instant Cert marketing test... and did as horrible as before (one right answer out of twenty), so it's only value seems to be to give a general overview of the topic (minus the specific factoids and sometimes clunky language seemingly demanded by the test), and I still find the Instant Cert format of how it asks and gives answers a little clunky for my taste, so is the 'free clep prep' audio and such going to be the way to go probably?

(12-05-2017, 01:14 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: Does your school take ACE-recommended credit? If so, something like a StraighterLine course would probably be quicker and easier than a CLEP

Obviously if they don't take ACE credit that's not a good option.

Doublechecking things my school does not accept ACE, not listed as a school on the site they list supporting colleges (tho another local college does accept it so i dont think it's an oversight) and it's not listed on my own college's transfer policy page, which tells me they do accept AP and DANTES and CLEP.

(12-06-2017, 03:52 PM)ness2991 Wrote: As long as you have watched all the videos answer all the questions, they'll give you the voucher. Not sure if they check if you watch each video, but I DO know they track whether or not you've answered the questions.

I would not feel comfortable going the Modern States route alone. Even if you only had 3 or 4 hours of study with the Quick Prep Sheets, I'd say they're worth it. I did that with the Marketing Clep - Took the modern states course in one day (4ish hours?), and studied about 3.5 hours over the night before and day of the test. Made the difference.

Well I watched all videos and answered all questions and so far my Modern States account still shows 0% progress.. unless there's a time lag when they get the updated information from edX which is where the subhosted course on Marketing was and shows 100% complete but still doesn't give any sign of me being 'done' and still says 'resume course' at the bottom of the page at the end of week six, the last listed. There is no 'next' thing to move to on the last page.

I can definately say Modern States is NOT enough by itself for Marketing, not even close, not even 10%. Sad It's only useful if I can get them to reimburse the CLEP cost - which hopefully they will here.

(12-21-2017, 11:24 PM)Ideas Wrote: I still think A&I Lit is your best option, which is 6 credits at once (for many schools). Unless you don't think you can pass it.

The best study resources depend a little on which exam. IC is great for some, and not so great for others. It depends when the exam was updated, etc.

One reason I skipped the A&I lit was that first it's another humanities course and i'm already over-heavy on humanities (was trying to get them to get rid of 'liberal arts' requirements as well, so like next summer i'll be taking math and science, which i dont have any), also it's a 6 credit so I assumed it'd be more work to learn than a 3 credit. I already zoomed thru the Modern States course on Marketing, just need to do another one. Maybe the Management course will be as fast, maybe not (if not it might suck), but again i'm mostly needing the minimum total time footprint of all combined study. I just did 4hrs at modern states on marketing, and I think i'll be trying that Free Clep Prep next now (aren't they guaranteed to pass if you got it?) because the Instant Cert flashcard-only system is... just not feeling all that great to me so far. Undecided Blind raw text doesn't help me memorize well, I need like... video clips, multimedia cards, mnemonics. >_< 340 blind to remember text cards is not easy for me.

If anyone has any feedback by tomorrow or so, please share - about if Management is an equally fast course to zoom thru (on modern states/mostly caring that they pay for it and to get a general overview but since it's not thru edX i've no clue if it's similar at all) I think i'll get the Free Clep Prep Marketing course meanwhile and drill a bit on that to see how it goes since my Instant Cert runs out in 2 days anyways.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,954 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Average time to complete a Mechanical Engineering Degree soliloquy 8 7,028 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  Why It's Time for Legacy College Admissions to Go LevelUP 0 375 05-09-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question Is It Possible to Become Fluent in Chinese in Just 9 Weeks?? LevelUP 27 3,147 04-17-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 484 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Which college would be your choice - balancing reputation/perception - cost - time esh 6 693 08-08-2022, 05:26 PM
  I am now taking two online college courses with the C-19 extra time at home. Life Long Learning 8 1,615 04-08-2020, 03:02 PM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
  AP2 in 8 weeks (Summer semester) or Micro 2L8 3 1,269 02-02-2020, 03:46 PM
  Microbiology in 8 weeks? 2L8 10 3,486 10-06-2019, 06:29 PM
Last Post: MSK9
Question Taking two science courses @ the same time 2L8 8 3,887 05-22-2019, 02:06 PM
Last Post: ThatBankDude