Poll: College Plus
This poll is closed.
Doing CollegePlus and Love it.
15.00%
3 15.00%
Doing CollegePlus and wish that I did not pay the money.
0%
0 0%
Not doing CollegePlus, but thinking about it.
5.00%
1 5.00%
Not doing CollegePlus and will never think about doing it.
75.00%
15 75.00%
CollegePlus does not interest me.
5.00%
1 5.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Plus
Thanks Gooberman - you've been so helpful Wink. My head is spinning with all the information here and I'm thrilled! Thought I had to do it the CP way, but now thinking I might just be able to handle this. To answer your Question, we're not part of Riverbend. Thanks again.
Gooberman11 Wrote:Hahtjh- Cook is most definately still here and still helping anyone and everyone. She is wonderful! You will also find many other helpful people on this forum. Look around and start asking questions--you will get more help and info than you ever imagined.
They will tell you to "search" first since most questions have already been answered. Once you start looking around you won't be able to stop Smile.
Many homeschoolers, mom's of homeschoolers and adults doing the degree thing are here to help you. Welcome
PS you aren't w/ Riverbend by any chance??

Thanks, and Hahtjh sent me a PM. Smile
cookderosa Wrote:For anyone considering CP but undecided, I'll happily work with you here in the public forum to develop a degree plan and study schedule for TESC. It's one of my favorite things to do! Smile It's free to be here, you don't need to be an Instantcert subscriber to be in the forums.

If you'd like, you can set $1000 into a bank account and when you and I are finished, you can either:
a) send it to CP anyway and let them work with you more one on one
or
b) send it to your favorite charity.

I've been helped, and I like to help. The path to earning a degree via testing is well-worn, let those with an altruistic heart help you get started. If that doesn't work, you're not out anything. $0
CP can't say the same.

Jennifer
Interesting comment. I would never have heard of CLEP without affilate advertisments from CollegePlus I live in a foreign country though! Seemed like I did a bit of research on my own ( I have to since my mammy wasn't going to do it- I'm 38) and found out all sorts of stuff including some helpful comments from your good self.
seems to me the idea of paying to have someone pray with you or your son and daughter as they go through a totally secular education was a bit strange since If I had a family I'd be the one praying with them about their education. I presume theres a market for families who want others to spiritually spoon feed and spoon educate their children. Maybe I should provide some competiton and increase the supply and therefore reduce the prices although I could not with all good conscience charge money to pray for someone along with supply them the information. (its an added benefit of their service and I do understand the principle of not muzzling the Ox as it treads the grain)
I'm waiting on my arrival in the United States to do some of these tests and maybe then We'll give CollegePlus a run for their moneySmile
I did the CollegePlus Prep program, and took the A&I Lit and the College Comp while enrolled. Then afterwards, I went took my math CLEPs. It was a great help for me as a high school student. I am hoping to use everything CollegePlus Prep taught me in future testing.
[SIZE=2]CLEPs: A&I Lit - 62, [/SIZE]College Algebra - 54, [SIZE=2]College Comp - 55, [/SIZE]Intro Sociology -59, [SIZE=2]College Math -67, [/SIZE]Intro Psychology -66, Western Civ I-56, Social Sciences and History - 60, Human Growth and Development -60, Introduction to Educational Psychology - 65, Natural Sciences - 54
DSST:Technical Writing -60, Introduction to Computing - 60, Intro to World Religions - 435
[SIZE=2]Courses: Comparative Worldviews -3 credits, Social Justice -3 credits, Leadership Theory and Practice - 3 credits, Leadership Management and Communications - 3 credits
Total Credit - 69

"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12

"Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life." Proverbs 4:13

"For wisdom is better than
rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." Proverbs 8:11
[/SIZE]
cookderosa Wrote:For anyone considering CP but undecided, I'll happily work with you here in the public forum to develop a degree plan and study schedule for TESC. It's one of my favorite things to do! Smile It's free to be here, you don't need to be an Instantcert subscriber to be in the forums.

If you'd like, you can set $1000 into a bank account and when you and I are finished, you can either:
a) send it to CP anyway and let them work with you more one on one
or
b) send it to your favorite charity.

I've been helped, and I like to help. The path to earning a degree via testing is well-worn, let those with an altruistic heart help you get started. If that doesn't work, you're not out anything. $0
CP can't say the same.

Since that post last year, I've had 4 people contact me privately to help them. I was (am) serious. You don't have to send me a pm, you can post in the regular forum since there are dozens of other people here who will help- and in man fields, they're a lot more qualified than I am Smile BUT none the less, there is a free alternative out there.
Although CollegePlus may work for some of us, it is not necessarily the best path for everyone. I never did CollegePlus nor would I have done it because it is expensive. I am thankful that I had the opportunity to attend a local community college and get financial aid and a scholarship. Since, I attended the community college; I was able to get some hands-on experience as well as make connections with some great people. From start to finish, my rough estimated cost of my Bachelor's degree, which took a total of 3 years to finish, is about $13,000 including books.
Respect Yourself and Respect others.

Passed
DSST Technical Writing
DSST Principle of Statistics
DSST Astronomy
DSST MIS
I totally agree nleamons. CollegePlus is not for everybody, however for those people who desire to have a coach, I'd say go for it. My experience with the prep program was very informative, and my coach was amazing! She was always there to help me or answer any questions I had. I also developed a lot of new skills while in the program. But I don't think I'll be enrolling in the core program. Too expensive- when I could just study on my own.
[SIZE=2]CLEPs: A&I Lit - 62, [/SIZE]College Algebra - 54, [SIZE=2]College Comp - 55, [/SIZE]Intro Sociology -59, [SIZE=2]College Math -67, [/SIZE]Intro Psychology -66, Western Civ I-56, Social Sciences and History - 60, Human Growth and Development -60, Introduction to Educational Psychology - 65, Natural Sciences - 54
DSST:Technical Writing -60, Introduction to Computing - 60, Intro to World Religions - 435
[SIZE=2]Courses: Comparative Worldviews -3 credits, Social Justice -3 credits, Leadership Theory and Practice - 3 credits, Leadership Management and Communications - 3 credits
Total Credit - 69

"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12

"Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life." Proverbs 4:13

"For wisdom is better than
rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." Proverbs 8:11
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the difference between College and University (USA) Personherebb9 8 1,335 12-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  College of Golf Alpha 5 702 09-11-2022, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Richest US College Alpha 6 925 09-09-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  What does college look like in 10...20 years? cardiacclep 10 1,531 08-25-2022, 04:48 AM
Last Post: MitchellHolst
  College of Winterhold Alpha 1 534 07-28-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  College grad paralyzed after chiropractor visit bjcheung77 5 893 07-16-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Bullying in College , What do I do next? 2L8 15 11,825 06-03-2022, 06:27 AM
Last Post: stephaniesmith44
  Has anyone taken a math course at community college? picgirl27 2 726 04-03-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: picgirl27
  What Is College Worth in The Media Industry? Kal Di 6 1,105 02-28-2022, 06:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  College Tour Alpha 0 579 12-16-2021, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Alpha