Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
online masters cybersecurity
@delightfulwilderness, Did you get an ASNSM Computer Science and BALS Psych concentration? For your ASNSM Comp Sci, what courses did you use to get the CS credits? I would apply to any program that interests you, especially the ones with the "free" applications, such as WGU.

bluebooger Wrote:> I don't have any professional experience, though, so I think Georgia Tech's programs are out for me.

apply anyway 

does it cost anything to apply ?

I also recommend looking at the requirements and see if you have "most" if not all the boxes checked, they look at the "whole package" of the application, not just your GPA for example or your degree/major. Try to get your application in with most of the requirements, that'll make the application a better/stronger one...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • delightfulwilderness
Just throwing it out there Excelsior College has a Cybersecurity masters program. They accept 15 graduate transfer credits. If you are military they have discounts available
https://www.excelsior.edu/program/online...rsecurity/
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
[-] The following 1 user Likes newdegree's post:
  • delightfulwilderness
(09-29-2021, 08:59 AM)newdegree Wrote: Just throwing it out there Excelsior College has a Cybersecurity masters program. They accept 15 graduate transfer credits. If you are military they have discounts available
https://www.excelsior.edu/program/online...rsecurity/

I'll take a look at Excelsior. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Where do folks get grad credits to transfer? I assume maybe certificates?

(09-29-2021, 05:02 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @delightfulwilderness, Did you get an ASNSM Computer Science and BALS Psych concentration?  For your ASNSM Comp Sci, what courses did you use to get the CS credits?  I would apply to any program that interests you, especially the ones with the "free" applications, such as WGU.

bluebooger Wrote:> I don't have any professional experience, though, so I think Georgia Tech's programs are out for me.

apply anyway 

does it cost anything to apply ?

I also recommend looking at the requirements and see if you have "most" if not all the boxes checked, they look at the "whole package" of the application, not just your GPA for example or your degree/major.  Try to get your application in with most of the requirements, that'll make the application a better/stronger one...

I got a BALS with a social sciences concentration, undergraduate certificate in psychology and ASNSM in computer science. I could find my transcript but mostly I have some programming and CS classes from 5 years ago or so.

I took a bunch of Sophia classes because I somehow didn't have a lot of intro 100 level courses required for gen eds, like history and economics and whatnot.

I do think applying is a good idea. I believe it's free and I might as well. The worst they can do is say no, in which case I haven't lost anything.

(09-28-2021, 09:17 PM)MNomadic Wrote: So another potential option for you to weigh would be PUG which has a Master's in cybersecurity management. The total is about $25k but you can transfer in about half of the degree via certs(if you already have some or want to get some). CISSP or CISM would cover about 5 courses. CySA+ or CEH would cover an additional non-overlapping course and CHFI would cover another.

https://www.purdueglobal.edu/degree-prog...Technology

https://catalog.purdueglobal.edu/graduat...eeplantext

https://www.purdueglobal.edu/alternative...ion-exams/

There's also the MSIT degree with cybersecurity concentration where you can transfer in about the same amount of certs.

https://www.purdueglobal.edu/degree-prog...Technology

I think it's closer to $15k pretransfer credit. I was somewhat concerned that this would mostly be a management degree but it looks like only the capstone is management focused. I'll look into the certificates, and see how much time it would take to study for, if I qualify to take the exams and what they cost. PUG could end up being a really great deal.
Ya.... its all good if they were not NA.....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • jch

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 300 Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 308 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 273 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 494 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 266 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,098 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 23 14,327 03-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,974 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 496 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,629 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM