Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
onlinedegree.com Courses
How much time does it take to complete an onlinedegree.com course? What is entailed (essays, quizzes, etc.)? Anything I should be aware of?

The courses I plan on taking are:

Marcoecon, Accounting, Cooking and Education

Econ and Accounting are for degree requirements and cooking and education for my own personal enjoyment in the subjects. Also, I currently work with food so maybe the cooking will be useful for that too. I just wanted to know if all these courses are worth my time before starting them.
FYI, the TESU Transfer Guide is up! Along with the other's such as Excelsior, etc... Go crazy and get them credits!!
Transfer link is here: https://www.onlinedegree.com/wp-content/...apping.pdf

To answer you question, if you've done the courses at Study.com, it's similar. Main Video, quizzes, final exam.
50% is for the quizzes, 10% is attendance (watching the videos in full) and 40% for the final exam proctored.
If you do well on the quizzes and attendance, that's already 60%. You just need to have 70% cumulative to pass.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 9 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • camjenks, cookderosa, eriehiker, HappyNurse35, harrypotter, ISKBizz15, MNomadic, Murdockb, suzycupcake
That is a really nice set of transfer credits. There is not a lot of overlap with existing credit sources.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • camjenks
Is that list official? I transferred in Astronomy and they counted it as AST-101, not NAS-121. Certainly would be nice to have it be NAS-121. Is there a way to have it re-evaluated?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(01-08-2019, 09:28 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Is that list official? I transferred in Astronomy and they counted it as AST-101, not NAS-121. Certainly would be nice to have it be NAS-121. Is there a way to have it re-evaluated?

They may have changed the evaluation as part of the articulation agreement discussions with OnlineDegree.com. If you want it reevaluated based on the new agreement, you can ask advising. I don't see why they wouldn't allow it, but who knows.

Why would you want it to be NAS-121 vs AST-101? Did you plan to take the astronomy course at Study.com as well or something? Given they have two different course codes that should be possible but sometimes they make restrictions where they don't allow two similar courses for double credit.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
"How much time does it take to complete an onlinedegree.com course? What is entailed (essays, quizzes, etc.)? Anything I should be aware of?"

I have taken history, healthcare and astronomy at OD.
It generally takes me about 1.5 to 2 hours per lesson.  So if there are 20 lessons it would take me less than 40 hours to complete. I take notes. There is a quiz after every lesson (5-7 questions each). There have been no essays.

You should be aware that when you take the quizzes they do not tell you what questions you got wrong. It can be hard to tell which ones you got wrong.
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
[-] The following 2 users Like mudball's post:
  • MrsBulletPoints, TheMaskedMutant
(01-08-2019, 11:38 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 09:28 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Is that list official? I transferred in Astronomy and they counted it as AST-101, not NAS-121. Certainly would be nice to have it be NAS-121. Is there a way to have it re-evaluated?

They may have changed the evaluation as part of the articulation agreement discussions with OnlineDegree.com. If you want it reevaluated based on the new agreement, you can ask advising. I don't see why they wouldn't allow it, but who knows.

Why would you want it to be NAS-121 vs AST-101? Did you plan to take the astronomy course at Study.com as well or something? Given they have two different course codes that should be possible but sometimes they make restrictions where they don't allow two similar courses for double credit.
Yeah, if it transferred as NAS-121 that would let me take AST-101 through Study.com or DSST for the last science towards my ASNSM-Math and the 2nd/3 sciences towards a potential ASNSM-CompSci, which would be my preferred situation. But I expected it to come in as AST-101, so not like it throws a monkey wrench in my plans if it stays that way. But would be nice if it didn't!
Completed:

Up Next:

(01-09-2019, 10:49 AM)mysonx3 Wrote:

Yeah, if it transferred as NAS-121 that would let me take AST-101 through Study.com or DSST for the last science towards my ASNSM-Math and the 2nd/3 sciences towards a potential ASNSM-CompSci, which would be my preferred situation. But I expected it to come in as AST-101, so not like it throws a monkey wrench in my plans if it stays that way. But would be nice if it didn't!

I'd request that to be changed if I were you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-09-2019, 12:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 10:49 AM)mysonx3 Wrote:

I'd request that to be changed if I were you.

Yeah, I'll at least ask. If not, then as stated it's not a big deal for me.

Question regarding the history course though: doesn't TESU have a maximum number of 100 level credits that can be used in the AOS for a degree? Or is that only for certain degrees? If so, what is it? If it's lower than 15, the OD history course can't be used for the history degree, since four required courses (US History I & II, Western Civilization/World History I & II) are 100 level. Doesn't make a difference for me since I've already filled up my LL history requirements, but might for others.

Another observation based on the transfer list:
Three sciences (Astronomy, Biology, Environmental Science) that don't duplicate with their Study.com/CLEP/DSST versions (at least based on course numbers). I've only taken Astronomy, and that only from OD, but I would imagine that with all three subjects taking the OD course will give you a nice head start on studying for either the CLEP/DSST or to get through the Study.com course quickly. That means that someone like me who is scientifically-challenged only has to study one area of science to fill the TESU Physical/Natural World requirement.
Completed:

Up Next:

[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • MrsBulletPoints
(01-09-2019, 08:17 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Question regarding the history course though: doesn't TESU have a maximum number of 100 level credits that can be used in the AOS for a degree? Or is that only for certain degrees? If so, what is it? If it's lower than 15, the OD history course can't be used for the history degree, since four required courses (US History I & II, Western Civilization/World History I & II) are 100 level. Doesn't make a difference for me since I've already filled up my LL history requirements, but might for others.

This requirement is normally 2 100-level courses, is normally just for the BALS.

Most of the degrees that have a large number of core courses don't have the 100-level rule.  Think Psych, History, BSBA, CS.  They have a certain number of required courses that are normally LL, so then it switches to the required 18cr of UL throughout the degree instead. Or 12cr of UL in the AOS for the BSBA.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • !=scholar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 375 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,646 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,790 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,391 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,805 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 307 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 671 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat