Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
onlinedegree.com Courses
(02-15-2019, 11:56 AM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: Thanks for the explanations. Makes sense now.

On another note: it says on the above link from ODC that you can pay to get your transcripts on Excelsior letterhead. Does that mean that other colleges (who don’t accept NCCRS) might count the classes as transfers? I was looking at UF Online’s transfer policy and they may take 45 test-out credits (but not ACE or NCCRS, just Clep and AP etc), but it also says they will take 60 college transfer credits. In my head, I’m thinking “sweet, could do 45 credits with Clep and 60 more through Teceps and ODC’s Excelsior agreement”... could I be correct?

Here’s the verbiage on ODC for quick reference:

In addition to our free transcript option, we do recommend that you pay a one-time fee of $40 with our partner Excelsior College so they will produce your transcript on their official letterhead. Through our partnership with them and the NCCRS, this is a great option since many universities you’re applying to may insist the transcript comes from another university.“
That's called credit laundering around here and it doesn't work. Universities can plainly see where the credits came from and won't accept them just because some other university did. Best as I can tell, those credit banking transcripts are only good for employers or governmental agencies (like for CPA) who want to see that certain credits were earned.

You can absolutely believe that if it did work, it would be a HUGE thing around here. People would be laundering cheap credit left and right.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (in prog)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (in prog)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(01-09-2019, 08:44 AM)mudball Wrote: "How much time does it take to complete an onlinedegree.com course? What is entailed (essays, quizzes, etc.)? Anything I should be aware of?"

I have taken history, healthcare and astronomy at OD.
It generally takes me about 1.5 to 2 hours per lesson.  So if there are 20 lessons it would take me less than 40 hours to complete. I take notes. There is a quiz after every lesson (5-7 questions each). There have been no essays.

You should be aware that when you take the quizzes they do not tell you what questions you got wrong. It can be hard to tell which ones you got wrong.

Thank you for the straightforward response.  I came to this forum to find estimates such as the one you provided.  Luckily you posted it on the first page and it didn't get buried.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Of these courses which can I complete from Straighterline/Saylor for WGU before July? jonahh 0 4 19 minutes ago
Last Post: jonahh
  Easiest/Fastest SDC and SL Courses List? SCYankee 2 44 1 hour ago
Last Post: SCYankee
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 135 61,853 5 hours ago
Last Post: jsh1138
  Onlinedegree credit equivalency Kalopsia 5 289 06-18-2019, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Murdockb
  Coursera, udacity, alison, courses.com, academicearth SCYankee 16 404 06-17-2019, 09:44 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  RN, OT, RT, ST, PT and Early Childhood Courses? LadySearchDog 15 403 06-16-2019, 06:24 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Looking for logistics courses for a BS in Business from Excelsior jumpstart 13 356 06-16-2019, 04:27 PM
Last Post: jumpstart
  How do I know which courses are UL/LL? Study.com SL SCYankee 6 250 06-14-2019, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  50% Off Sophia Courses!! ISKBizz15 0 156 06-12-2019, 01:00 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com DSST test prep courses Sb2013 3 189 06-12-2019, 10:29 AM
Last Post: cookderosa